Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Not rumours - facts

Two bits of news I have noticed today that relate to the CCL.

Neil Shipperly has officially been appointed manager of Walton Casuals, so good luck to him - I reckon he will do okay there.

Merstham website has an official announcement confirming that Ryman have rejected the Epsom & Ewell groundshare, so not sure how this is going to effect E&E - hopefully they will have something else in place.

The Banstead option does not seem to be one of these, as they indicate that they will be running a reserve side next season, and I imagine they will play out of Merland Rise.

Merstham should Appeal the Ryman League decision for the good of Non League Football,but I fear they will not,They are not a Club for Rocking the Boat,as I found out last year after 3 days Picketing outside the F.A,.on another matter.The F.A. and Surrey F.A. yielded then and overturned their previous ruling,but when push came to shove,Merstham gave me the Cold Shoulder.This decision by the Ryman League could have serious implications for Badshot Lea,Warlingham,Epsom and Ewell,if allowed to stand.What may I ask are the C.C.L. Board doing about it,if anything.What support are they offering Clubs,although I do note that the A.G.M. is at Met. Police,and that they like using Ryman Grounds for their Finals.Even Mr. Robinson Refs. at C.C.L level,cant someone tell him the Country is in recession,and Clubs need to maximise their income stream.I personally think that the action they have taken is a restriction on Trade.

Golden rule no.1 Get your own fecking ground or lease from the local council then there will be no ground sharing issues

?

Meadowbank = Mole Valley Distric Council.

Dorking FC and Bookham FC on long term ground share.

If you look at the post on Mersthams site again you will see that it is not confirmed. They are just keeping their fans informed.

There is an appeal at the FA on Monday where 11 clubs are appealing against the ground share ban, presumably Merstham are one of them :255:

Edited by spy

MORE FACTS.............I THINK. I'VE JUST BEEN ON MOLESEY FC WEBSITE FORUM.

IT LOOKS AS THOUGH THEY ARE GOING THROUGH SOME FORCED CHANGES AND ARE PROBABLY (DON'T QUOTE ME, ITS ONLY MY ASSUMPTION) LOOKING TO REPLACE THEIR 1ST TEAM COACH AND RESERVE TEAM MANGER WHO HAVE BOTH DEPARTED DUE TO INCREASED WORKLOAD AND FAMILY COMMITTMENTS.

NICE GUY!

Yes, we have had some bad news on that score and are currently looking at both positions.

Shame, as both people are well liked at the club and were doing a great job, although they both intend to stay involved but in a lesser capacity.

If there is any genuine interest out there, feel welcome to advise me.

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at the post on Mersthams site again you will see that it is not confirmed. They are just keeping their fans informed.

There is an appeal at the FA on Monday where 11 clubs are appealing against the ground share ban, presumably Merstham are one of them

... another snippet from (yesterday's 19th June??) Ryman AGM - posted on the NL Forum - which might be of some interest......

"So Ryman agree to increase max number of clubs to 70. Provisionally have to accept Grays but fighting it all the way and going to arbitration. ETU confirm their groundshare with Hutton.

All proposed groundshare applications received in time were grudgingly accepted for 1 year following Godalming's successful appeal."

Edited by royals26

• 3 weeks later...

Pearcy - signed for Ashford (Middlesex) !! Best of luck, mate. One of the best, if not the best, around the CCL for a while and good - no, great - banter with the fans as well. Good luck to you, and a big miss for Egham.

What happened at Egham Pearcey??

When i chatted to you at the sixes i got the impression that you were staying there and looking to push for promotion this season.

How things change?

What did Ashford offer you that Egham couldnt??

Answers on a postcard........

sorry Pearcey, had to set it up....

Edited by johnnojudo

Gutted to hear about Pearcey :( Will miss the banter son but all the very best. Just give Harry Potter a slap around the chops from me :)

Your right jonno I was all geared up to win the lge with egham but ashford offered me the chance to play step 4 and prove a few people wrong,as I feel I've proved I'm a good keeper in the ccl I wasn't given the chance to prove I'm good enough at step 4 and with ashford wanting to bounce straight back to premier football I felt it was a good move.

I get to work with Paul burgess who has a great reputation in non lge football and the manager jamie Lawrence is an ex premiership footballer and runs the side very professionally.

I wishegham all the very best.

PUT A WORD IN FOR ME AT aSHFORD MATE. i COULD CARRY YOUR GLOVES OR EVEN DO THE WATER BOTTLES....

OH CRAP - LEFT THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON. oH WELL NEVER MIND.

Cheers for the good wishes,jj I will need some1 to do the pie/burger run at ht!

I'm sure some of your forwards will be glad to see the back of after bumping into me to many times

You're probably right mate.

Best of luck at Ashford. Hope the gas fumes dont put your health at risk.

Now that you're big time...... will we hear less of you now on here??