Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

question for our men in black

Its a goal kick, defender takes kick, rolls it outside of area, where goalkeeper stops ball and brings back into the area. can the keeper pick the ball up? coffee%20%282%29.gif

Surely, if the defender has plays the ball 'FORWARD' out of the box and THEN the keep picks it up, it cannot be deemed a back-pass ?

.....And on this note, I've lost count of the number of times I saw defenders BACK-PASSING last season and the keeper picking the ball up without punishment, both in CCL.

I think it's what's called 'a lack of considtancy' !

coffee%20(2).gif

Surely, if the defender has plays the ball 'FORWARD' out of the box and THEN the keep picks it up, it cannot be deemed a back-pass ?

.....And on this note, I've lost count of the number of times I saw defenders BACK-PASSING last season and the keeper picking the ball up without punishment, both in CCL.

I think it's what's called 'a lack of considtancy' !

coffee%20(2).gif

Yes B.J.R.bit like your Spelling.

We had a situation in one of our games where our defender went to play the ball back to the keeper, the ball hit the opposition striker en route and our keeper pick the ball up.

The ref then gave a free-kick for a back-pass, is this correct?

Daniel - If the ball was intended for the goalkeeper then yes it would still be deemed as a pack pass.

Big JR - It doesnt matter if the ball goes forward or back it is still a "Back Pass"

Smudge - No that is classed as Unsporting Behaviour and is punishable by a free kick and a caution.

defender cant pick it up cos it would be a penalty you plank!!

Read the question splinter.....

defender cant pick it up cos it would be a penalty you plank!!

Read the question splinter.....

And there is me bigging him up,as a good player,who scores worldlys.The thanks you get is being called a PLANK.

oh dear Weebs..... fell straight in to that one didnt ya?!!

U got me bang to rights... bit tired mate.....But no excuse.

I look forward to TRS's video of my best moments when its my birthday in 13 days....

oh dear Weebs..... fell straight in to that one didnt ya?!!

U got me bang to rights... bit tired mate.....But no excuse.

Its Monday morning. You should be wide awake after a restful weekend.

We had one against NGU at our place last season, full back went to pass the ball to me (missed out the back bit as it does not matter) and the opposition striker stuck his foot out to try and intercept and got a touch on the ball before coming to me. Without hesitation I picked the ball up and would do so every time, the striker had the last touch and therefore no longer a pass to the goalkeeper. Its like saying that a defender goes to clear the ball and is going to send it out of play, but an the attacker got a touch on the ball before it went out of play, but the attacking team get the throw.

Daniel - If the ball was intended for the goalkeeper then yes it would still be deemed as a pack pass.

Big JR - It doesnt matter if the ball goes forward or back it is still a "Back Pass"

Smudge - No that is classed as Unsporting Behaviour and is punishable by a free kick and a caution.

I always said Septic Blotter had no command of the English Language ! I wonder what he also calls his back-passage ?

Answers on a anatomical post-card to, Septic Blotter , @rse-hole Passage, C/O FIFA, Somewhere in Europe.

:cool:

TC, I think some refs in our league are confused by this rule as well.

I spoke to a few about it during the course of the season. Around half would give a free-kick for a back-pass and the other half would allow play to continue.

My view is the same as yours, that this should not be deemed a back-pass.

Good on you Daniel

RE terminology:

Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct

Indirect free kick

An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his

own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:

• controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing

it from his possession

• touches the ball again with his hands after he has released it from his

possession and before it has touched another player

touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him

by a team-mate

• touches the ball with his hands after he has received it directly from a

throw-in taken by a team-mate