Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Are Hoddesdon Town FC good enough for PROMOTION?

Top ed.....at the end of the day points is what gets you promotion, not excuses.

By using your other keeper for game time in the reserves is understandable, but good managers take nothing for chance, if a forward can get injured, or a midfielder get sent off then don't think it can;t happen to a keeper, as happened in your game at NB.

The performance that day was poor, definately not promotion standard, also being the first side to lose to Stony Stratford and losing at a lesser Harpenden Rovers would suggest that your 2nd/3rd prediction would only come about if other teams around the top throw away games you should be winning.

Maybe for your manager as it's his first stint in management then this season maybe a season or two too early, but as you say, if the club stick by him and he is given time to learn the ropes then no doubt the time will come.

ref off ref, you make a couple of fair points but sadly football isnt always as black and white as that. This is the wonderful thing about football everyone has a different opinion and as long as its not abusive it makes this forum interesting!! The only down side is some people just want to be abusive and comment on situations they dont completely know about which i feel is very sad!

You are right to point out poor results but i feel i must also point out wins against Royston, Harpenden, London Lions and Bedford Town reserves who are all very good teams. Hopefully a return to that sort of form will give Hoddesdon a chance to push up the league and fight for a top 3 finish. Luckily most teams outside Berko have dropped points so a good run can quickly make up for disapointments.

lets keep up good football chat and ignore the people who are only interested in abusing people and clubs..

That sort of form will need to start tomorrow against STONY STRATFORD. Mind you are they not one of the clubs that have already beaten Hoddesdon Town FC???

Pier, you're right, it has to be 3 points tomorrow, no doubt!!Dont want a repeat performance!!

Jonno, im fed up of being blamed for comments made by wooden spoon, for the last time I AM NOT WOODEN SPOON!!!!

Methinks I smell a rat here! Pierre appears not to know how to spell his own name!

Top ed.....at the end of the day points is what gets you promotion, not excuses.

By using your other keeper for game time in the reserves is understandable, but good managers take nothing for chance, if a forward can get injured, or a midfielder get sent off then don't think it can;t happen to a keeper, as happened in your game at NB.

The performance that day was poor, definately not promotion standard, also being the first side to lose to Stony Stratford and losing at a lesser Harpenden Rovers would suggest that your 2nd/3rd prediction would only come about if other teams around the top throw away games you should be winning.

Maybe for your manager as it's his first stint in management then this season maybe a season or two too early, but as you say, if the club stick by him and he is given time to learn the ropes then no doubt the time will come.

ref off ref, you make a couple of fair points but sadly football isnt always as black and white as that. This is the wonderful thing about football everyone has a different opinion and as long as its not abusive it makes this forum interesting!! The only down side is some people just want to be abusive and comment on situations they dont completely know about which i feel is very sad!

You are right to point out poor results but i feel i must also point out wins against Royston, Harpenden, London Lions and Bedford Town reserves who are all very good teams. Hopefully a return to that sort of form will give Hoddesdon a chance to push up the league and fight for a top 3 finish. Luckily most teams outside Berko have dropped points so a good run can quickly make up for disapointments.

lets keep up good football chat and ignore the people who are only interested in abusing people and clubs..

That sort of form will need to start tomorrow against STONY STRATFORD. Mind you are they not one of the clubs that have already beaten Hoddesdon Town FC???

Pier, you're right, it has to be 3 points tomorrow, no doubt!!Dont want a repeat performance!!

Jonno, im fed up of being blamed for comments made by wooden spoon, for the last time I AM NOT WOODEN SPOON!!!!

Methinks I smell a rat here! Pierre appears not to know how to spell his own name!

He has spelled it correctly - he's not French.

Stimo did you get over?

a good win with very good first half performance. Went off the boil for 1st half hour of second halfmbut then came back strongly and could have been much more if players had shot/passed in the right areas!!

The big show will be next week V London Colney.

On a side note from games i have seen over the last 2 seasons i have to say all round the league is much stronger than last year.

I hope the comment about abusing (verbally) the kids in the Hoddesdon team wasn't aimed at me as I was justing voicing an opinion about them not being as good as previous sides not condemning them. I live in Hertford but have watched Hoddesdon numerous times so feel my opinion is not without first hand observation

I hope the comment about abusing (verbally) the kids in the Hoddesdon team wasn't aimed at me as I was justing voicing an opinion about them not being as good as previous sides not condemning them. I live in Hertford but have watched Hoddesdon numerous times so feel my opinion is not without first hand observation

hertford lol is that a new place in milton keynes now ?

Robby, it wasnt aimed at you, as you rightly say you are just voicing an opinion where as others are just abusive. I will talk all day about football and as i said to Ref off Ref its such a great game because everyone has a different opinion. I cant say i agree with what you put but have no issue with it at all as i dont believe it was abusive.

Robby, it wasnt aimed at you, as you rightly say you are just voicing an opinion where as others are just abusive. I will talk all day about football and as i said to Ref off Ref its such a great game because everyone has a different opinion. I cant say i agree with what you put but have no issue with it at all as i dont believe it was abusive.

Top Ed- Abusive comments!! where?

your mate wooden spoon said

By e-mail from the 1st team manager who didn`t have the bollox to call him in and tell him face to face....He is bitter in the way he was treated by the club and hopes that the idiot fails in getting the 1st team promoted. Bring back Geoff!!!!

that plus permanently tryinhg to put Hoddy down. I know you enjoyed your time there and was disapointed but what do you expect if you call the first team manager an idiot on facebook for all to see. I hope you can now put your energies into another club and stop having such a grudge with Hoddesdon, who just want to get promotion for everybody at and involved with the club.

By e-mail from the 1st team manager who didn`t have the bollox to call him in and tell him face to face....He is bitter in the way he was treated by the club and hopes that the idiot fails in getting the 1st team promoted. Bring back Geoff!!!!

that plus permanently tryinhg to put Hoddy down. I know you enjoyed your time there and was disapointed but what do you expect if you call the first team manager an idiot on facebook for all to see. I hope you can now put your energies into another club and stop having such a grudge with Hoddesdon, who just want to get promotion for everybody at and involved with the club.

To be honest I wanted to see Hoddesdon get promotion this season but I think it is clear they won't. But what I will say is that this season the manager will learn a lot about the league, his players and what it will take next season to get the promotion they all want. I hope that he is given the chance to do that.

Oh you call that abusive!! and i thought it was Jonno`s comment, mind you that could go down as a racial. In the idiots email i was given the chance to give him a call, i tried left messages still waiting for a return call. Back to Hoddesdon i hope they get promoted one year but not with the idiot in charge.I have no grudge with Hoddesdon Town FC only with the idiot. I knew from day one he never wanted me at the club. Wooden spoon and i will continue to post comments while the idiots still in charge.

You call that abuse? oh dear!!!

Wooden spoon and pier.... Time to move on.. :492:

Do you not find it funny that the people talked about, got asked to leave st mags and hoddy... Maybe the results are not going as well as the club would like. But the club is in the best shape since i have been there and i can say this first hand as i am involved with the club for over 7 years now.

The players are very happy with the way the coaching staff train and prepair the players. Alot of you also have said ''should not have got rid of geoff''. What you fail to know is that most of the first team would have left if geoff was still in charge. As good as geoff done in 5 years he did not take the club up. And the players were not happy.. fact

under Andy they are very happy... fact

Do you not find it funny that the people talked about, got asked to leave st mags and hoddy... Maybe the results are not going as well as the club would like. But the club is in the best shape since i have been there and i can say this first hand as i am involved with the club for over 7 years now.

The players are very happy with the way the coaching staff train and prepair the players. Alot of you also have said ''should not have got rid of geoff''. What you fail to know is that most of the first team would have left if geoff was still in charge. As good as geoff done in 5 years he did not take the club up. And the players were not happy.. fact

Football06- Get your facts right before commenting I WAS NEVER ASKED TO LEAVE ST.MARGARETSBURY FC. I left the club in March 09,due to not being able to commit family matters came first,and the chairman at the time was John Tobin. I have never been involved with St.Margaretsbury FC under the new chairman Gary Stock..... FACT

I dont know whos feeding you this information about being asked to leave St.Margaretsbury FC,i suggest that they do their homework first....

1) Most off the first team left when the idiot took over!!

2) The Happy players are the ones that couldn`t get in Geoffs team last season. Since the idiot couldnt attract the players he promised to the club he had no choice but to play them.

3) I see Rhys Tom has left a happy camp. Why is that then? Asked to leave? Had enough of the idiot and moved on to a bigger club?

4) Whos next? it could be YOU!!!!!

Rhys has left to go to Hertford. He was not asked to leave and no he hasnt had enough of Andy. In fact he has thouroughly enjoyed his time at Lowfield and very much enjoyed working with Andy and the players. He has left due to Knoing the Hertford manager very well and felt that he couldnt say no to the opportunity of woring with him.

As for most of the squad leaving since last year apart from Steve Cawley who was always going to leave to a higher level there hasnt been anyone whos left that the club were desperate to keep,

and I certainly havent heard anyone say that Andy was the reason they left. In fact the players who have left i can only think of one that came to pre season so the others didnt even know Andy. Players of the quality of Dean Barker, Gary Simmonds, Billy Wingrove and Josh Smith have come to the club and young players have been brought through into the team and impressed.

I think that shows the club is in the right direction.

Last Manager had 5 seasons & didn't get the promotion Hoddesdon so desperately want. The new guy has been here for 5 months. Give him a chance to see what he can do ehh.

A win v London Colney is a good result & there's still plenty to play for.

As a side note, has anyone noticed how well Potters Bar have done since Geoff O'Vell has gone back as coach ? They've always been strugglers in that league yet are doing quite well at the mo.

Oh and a 4 - 3 win against London Colney yesterday that realy should have been 4 - 1 shows what direction the club is going.

But it wasn`t, still 4-3 good result. Big test next week away to Berkhamsted,oh and i hear Danny has also left. Oh dear!!!:492:

Oh and a 4 - 3 win against London Colney yesterday that realy should have been 4 - 1 shows what direction the club is going.

But it wasn`t, still 4-3 good result. Big test next week away to Berkhamsted,oh and i hear Danny has also left. Oh dear!!!:492:

And then their was one! Not good half way in to the season. I blame Jonno!!!!cheesy%20(2).gif