Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Are Hoddesdon Town FC good enough for PROMOTION?

Think Division One could be an even tougher division next season, with the Premier Division needing to lose a side you could maybe have 3 drop down who will be hungry for a quick return.

The 2 sides occupying top spots in Division 2, Padbury and Risborough, if they get the approval on their ground, will be stronger than some of the basement sides in Division 1 at present, rumour has it Wingate & Finchley Reserves and Letchworth Garden City Eagles who top the Herts County senior league are looking to come this way, all in the melting poit at the moment, but exciting never the less.

So the guy at Hoddie would have learnt a lot from his first season, he, like a lot of others out there will be hungry and hopeful of some promising signings.....so let's all enjoy this season because on paper next season looks like it could be a real scrap.

perhaps Johnno can clarify if 6 ryman players were promised. I cant recall that being mentioned but I wasnt part of the interview process!

Either way i agree with the fact that any man should be given a chance. There have been some very good and some bad results this season so its not been a disaster and with the bad luck of loosing the leagues top scorer in pre season it was gonna be an uphill task for any manager to gain promotion espaecially when Berko was always going to be favourites with their squad.

I know Andy has learnt loads in his first season and that will help massively with his second. I know bitter spoon wont be willing to let it go but luckily he's opinions are just that opinions and are worthless so no decisions will be made on what he thinks!

Dick Ed- He made the anouncement in front off all the players/parents (of the U18s) who attended that meeting which was held at Mr.Mertons house. I attended and i know what was said!!!!

perhaps Johnno can clarify if 6 ryman players were promised. I cant recall that being mentioned but I wasnt part of the interview process!

Either way i agree with the fact that any man should be given a chance. There have been some very good and some bad results this season so its not been a disaster and with the bad luck of loosing the leagues top scorer in pre season it was gonna be an uphill task for any manager to gain promotion espaecially when Berko was always going to be favourites with their squad.

I know Andy has learnt loads in his first season and that will help massively with his second. I know bitter spoon wont be willing to let it go but luckily he's opinions are just that opinions and are worthless so no decisions will be made on what he thinks!

Dick Ed- He made the anouncement in front off all the players/parents (of the U18s) who attended that meeting which was held at Mr.Mertons house. I attended and i know what was said!!!!

maybe he meant u18 players then!

maybe he meant u18 players then!

Senior players that played under Geoff were also at the meeting. The meeting was open to all that were involved at the club during the 09/10 season. It was designed for the new management team to meet players & players meet the new management team. And as a few of the u18s played reserve football in the 09/10 season they were also invited to come along...

he may have said that but i dont recall it, maybe Johnno can clarify. No offence but i think i will trust his response as he hasnt got any agenda's.

I think it should be left as you dont like Andy and obviously are bitter (rightly or wrongly) about your treatment.

Hoddesdon are a good club run by good people and the club is bigger than any one person be it you or Andy. I have been told if you cant say anything good dont say anything at all. Hopefully you find another position in football and can leave Andy to do what is a very difficult job.

In answer to the original question

Are Hoddesdon Town good enough for promotion?

I think yes they are and they have a great squad assembled now but it will now be very difficult this season!!!!!

Think thats it for this topic

Edited by Tom Cat

he may have said that but i dont recall it, maybe Johnno can clarify. No offence but i think i will trust his response as he hasnt got any agenda's.

I think it should be left as you dont like Andy and obviously are bitter (rightly or wrongly) about your treatment.

Hoddesdon are a good club run by good people and the club is bigger than any one person be it you or Andy. I have been told if you cant say anything good dont say anything at all. Hopefully you find another position in football and can leave Andy to do what is a very difficult job.

In answer to the original question

Are Hoddesdon Town good enough for promotion?

I think yes they are and they have a great squad assembled now but it will now be very difficult this season!!!!!

Think thats it for this topic

If they are good enough wouldnt they be top of the league!?

Oh Monkey, come on. New manager, virtually new team (I'd imagine, haven't seen Hoddy this year, so won't criticise).

There's normally a 2/3 month bedding in period, so with a few additions & a couple of exits & of course weather breaks alot of clubs don't actually find their feet until this stage of the season. I saw Hoddesdon a number of times under the previous manager, & I always thought they were a bit of a route one lump it up there side.

Oh Monkey, come on. New manager, virtually new team (I'd imagine, haven't seen Hoddy this year, so won't criticise).

There's normally a 2/3 month bedding in period, so with a few additions & a couple of exits & of course weather breaks alot of clubs don't actually find their feet until this stage of the season. I saw Hoddesdon a number of times under the previous manager, & I always thought they were a bit of a route one lump it up there side.

Syd im just saying what i see, i think the manager should be given at least 2 seasons but when you have people that come on and say the team is good enough for promotion and they clearly are not i dont think thats right....................for one thing its adding pressure on the chap in charge!

I think the last would should lie with the table......that will tell you if they are.

<br />Oh Monkey, come on. New manager, virtually new team (I'd imagine, haven't seen Hoddy this year, so won't criticise).<br />There's normally a 2/3 month bedding in period, so with a few additions & a couple of exits & of course weather breaks alot of clubs don't actually find their feet until this stage of the season. I saw Hoddesdon a number of times under the previous manager, & I always thought they were a bit of a route one lump it up there side.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Looking at saturdays result,Hoddesdon Town FC will never find their feet!!!

Syd im just saying what i see, i think the manager should be given at least 2 seasons but when you have people that come on and say the team is good enough for promotion and they clearly are not i dont think thats right....................for one thing its adding pressure on the chap in charge!

I think the last would should lie with the table......that will tell you if they are.

I agree give him another season, best man to keep them in div 1!!!dance%20(2).gif

I see Wooden Tool hasn't been on to offer his congratulations after last nights 3-0 win !

Well they played at home against 4th from bottom so i wouldn't go round shouting about it, and from what i learnt from the match from friends, Cranfield should have been 2-0 up at half time!

I see Wooden Tool hasn't been on to offer his congratulations after last nights 3-0 win !

Well they played at home against 4th from bottom so i wouldn't go round shouting about it, and from what i learnt from the match from friends, Cranfield should have been 2-0 up at half time!

Hear,hear!!!

I've stayed away from this topic of late because it's mostly drivel, fuelled by bitterness but just to clarify....

Andy never promised any players of any standard. He said he hoped to use his contacts to attract players who have played at a higher level. He never promised anything!! Managers don't make promises!!

I was on the I interview panel that appointed Andy and at no tine did he PROMISE us anything!! Not even promotion!! To promise that in one season with a new team would be foolish.

Secondly, cranfield were awful on Tuesday and if they should have been 2 up by half time then I was watching a different game. Andy also fielded a side that 70% reserves, which is why I'd suggest it didn't finish with more than 3 goals!

No disrespect to cranfield by the way.....

I've stayed away from this topic of late because it's mostly drivel, fuelled by bitterness but just to clarify....

Andy never promised any players of any standard. He said he hoped to use his contacts to attract players who have played at a higher level. He never promised anything!! Managers don't make promises!!

I was on the I interview panel that appointed Andy and at no tine did he PROMISE us anything!! Not even promotion!! To promise that in one season with a new team would be foolish.

Secondly, cranfield were awful on Tuesday and if they should have been 2 up by half time then I was watching a different game. Andy also fielded a side that 70% reserves, which is why I'd suggest it didn't finish with more than 3 goals!

No disrespect to cranfield by the way.....

70%!!! Do me a favour!!! Hoddesdon fielded 2 players that on a regular basis play for the reserves. True Hoddesdon didn`t field their strongest side..

Luke Peirce, Tony Dawkins, Kevin Metivier, Neil Sharpless, Damien Thomas ©, Jamie Curtis, Gary Simmonds, Colin Metivier, Josh Smith, Guiseppe Crimaudo (Deyan Yordanov, 73), Steve Wakam (Tom Cowell, 81),

I'll reduce it to 65%. Only damian Thomas, Gary Simmonds and the Metivier brothers are regular starters for the first team.

Luke Peirce, Tony Dawkins, Kevin Metivier, Neil Sharpless, Damien Thomas ©, Jamie Curtis, Gary Simmonds, Colin Metivier, Josh Smith, Guiseppe Crimaudo (Deyan Yordanov, 73), Steve Wakam (Tom Cowell, 81),

I'll reduce it to 65%. Only damian Thomas, Gary Simmonds and the Metivier brothers are regular starters for the first team.

Luke Peirce -before he got injured was 1st choice goal- keeper.

Tony Dawkins- has been involved with the 1st team more than the reserves.

Neil Sharpless- debut

Jamie Curtis - regular 1st team player before he got injured.

Josh Smith- has been involved with the 1st team more than the reserves.

Giuseppe Crimaudo-debut.

Steve Wakam- !st team regular,has hardly featured for the reserves.

And to say that Tom Cowell is not a regular SHAME on you!! 2nd top goal scorer with over 20 starts 23 to be exact!!!

Reduce it to 50%..:tease:

The original thread before it got lost amongst the post was....Are Hoddeson good enough for PROMOTION, and the answer is........?

Perhaps we can then all move on.

Edited by ref off ref