Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 16/17 November

A big night for Padbury United tonight:

Tuesday 16 November

FA Vase Second Round Proper Replays

Chalfont St Peter v Rye United

Leiston v Royston Town

Division 1

Ampthill Town v Stony Stratford Town

Bedford v New Bradwell St Peter

Cockfosters v Amersham Town

Challenge Trophy Third Round

Leverstock Green v St Albans City Reserves (7.30pm)

Dunstable Town v Padbury United

Broxbourne Borough v Colney Heath

Holmer Green v Hanwell Town

Division 1 Cup Second Round

Kings Langley v Sun Postal Sports

London Colney v Berkhamsted

Middlesex FA Senior Cup First Round

Hillingdon Borough v Hayes & Yeading United

South Midlands Senior Floodlit Cup First Round

P Stansted v Langford

Wednesday 17 November

Challenge Trophy Second Round

Bedford Town Reserves v Hatfield Town

That wasn't shown on Football Mitoo until very recently....

Flesh on the bones from last night's disastrous night for SSML Club's in the FA Vase:

Tuesday 16 November

FA Vase Second Round Proper Replays

1 2 Chalfont St Peter v Rye United

http://www.ryefc.co.uk/6.html

1 0 Leiston v Royston Town

Division 1

3 2 Ampthill Town v Stony Stratford Town

1 3 Bedford v New Bradwell St Peter

4 1 Cockfosters v Amersham Town

Challenge Trophy Third Round

2 3 Leverstock Green v St Albans City Reserves

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20101116

2 1 Dunstable Town v Padbury United

P Broxbourne Borough v Colney Heath

3 2 Holmer Green v Hanwell Town

Division 1 Cup Second Round

1 5 Kings Langley v Sun Postal Sports

0 1 London Colney v Berkhamsted

Middlesex FA Senior Cup First Round

2 5 Hillingdon Borough v Hayes & Yeading United

South Midlands Senior Floodlit Cup First Round

P Stansted v Langford

A report on Royston Town's disappointing FA Vase exit:

FA Carlsberg Vase 2nd Round Replay

Leiston V Royston Town

Score: 1-0 Att: 200 suppose every now & again you've got to get a nice round figure KO: 1945

Cost: £6. Progs: Yes

Weather: Chilly but sunny day. Some fog on the way but none near Leiston. For the game it wasn't that cold until the 2nd half when I had to put my hat on. Pitch was whiteish from the start. Then out of the blue in the last 10mins we had a shower & it was heavy briefly.

Venue: Victory Road, Leiston.

The only difference I noticed was opposite the clubhouse & next to the seated stand was a small area of additional cover with 4 metal steps. Some of this is & the seats are behind the dugouts which is poor planning. The clubhouse is in a large building with many different rooms. There's a large room which sold refreshments with plenty of floor space. Further along was a much smaller room but really nice which had the bar. On the tv screen was the Woking game.

Music was played just before kick-off & line-ups were announced as were subs & the scorer. Line-ups also printed out & put near the entrance.

Match: 4th out of 22 in Ridgeons Eastern Counties League Premier Division (although got 8 games in hand on top 3) V 3rd out of 23 in Molten Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.

Shots in 1st half 6-5. Gareth Heath who got sent off for Leiston on Saturday ran at RT defence & scored with a shot across goal & in off the post on 61seconds, 1-0. On 4mins the GK prevented it from being 2-0. RT made the GK make 2 very good saves before it was the turn of Leiston to force the GK to make another save although the rebound came out but was shot just wide. This was a very entertaining half with plenty of good football by 2 good teams.

Shots in 2nd half 6-5. For nearly 30mins RT were almost camped in Leiston's half but just couldn't get many chances. The best they really should've scored from when a 1on1 was saved by the GK. Finally Leiston got back into the game & finished strongly with a shot blasted but it was blocked on the line & then on 91+mins the GK Lee Robinson who had a very good game made a point blank save. Leiston's GK Jamie Stannard had also played very well.

RT will feel as though they deserved to at least force extra time. Leiston will need to play better if they are going to have a long run in this competetion.

Looks like Padbury's kick and rush tactics didn't work on Dunstable last night.

looks like another little pussy on here that wont give his real name. what a suprise you sad piece of sh/t grow some balls prick and come and slag my team off to my face . and i'll think you will find slag that there was only one kick and run team last night and it wasn't my boys [****!!****] .

Craig Bicknell - That's a bite if ever I saw one, lightening doesn't usually strike twice and it seems like Dunstable Town were well prepared for your visit last night whereas Harefield United weren't.

looks like another little pussy on here that wont give his real name. what a suprise you sad piece of sh/t grow some balls prick and come and slag my team off to my face . and i'll think you will find slag that there was only one kick and run team last night and it wasn't my boys [****!!****] .

Eloquently said Mr Bicknell! chillpill.gif

Edited by NeutralFan

Craig Bicknell - That's a bite if ever I saw one, lightening doesn't usually strike twice and it seems like Dunstable Town were well prepared for your visit last night whereas Harefield United weren't.

In what respect were Dunstable prepared then Rhodes whereas Harefield were not?

we was well preped for the game but i didn't plan on losing my 2 centre mids to injuries and my left back but no excuses i still put out a strong side . we matched them first half but didn't come out in second half and got punished . if it was not for our keeper tom it could of been more . it just proved some of our players are not good enough for prem but when we go up i will gain more players more than good enough for any south mids div . but losing 2.1 to a side that are doing well winning in fa vase on sat beating royston 2.0 and the only team to beat chalfont says alot if we could played the football we norm play who knows . and that was with a under strengh side . and as for harefield they played better football than booting it up the pitch for 90 mins but if that wins you games fair play . dunstable were the better side last night in second half end of good luck to them in next round . and the way they celebrated after game shows what it ment to them beating us .

Why don't u come down & watch Padbury mate cause were a footballing team..we don't kick & run cause we've got 2 strikers who r about 5'10 so we have to play on the deck...ur obviously some c**k who's on here 4 the wind up...well done mate y dont ya spend more time on ur own team & try turn them into winners like the Padbury boys...yes we lost last nite but u can't go on winning forever can ya...30 games unbeaten is good at any level & yes they have beaten some good teams during that run...including Dunstable town pre season...teams like NB & SS don't care wen they lose cause there used to it...

They seem to be selling a few bottles of hard nut in Padbury bar this season! Calm down ladies and try not to raise to the baiting.

Must admit to only playing Padbury once, beat you 4-1 when I was at Wodson a couple of seasons back. You were trying to play good football back then, good luck but no need to get all arsey on here.

(PS I scored what is probably the only ever overhead kick I've ever tried and put my back out!)

(PPS Duntable also lost to a St Mags side I was playing in so clearly they're not that good :D )

Has to be the biggest bite up ever in the history of this forum....Huge.... Massive...Would need a few fisherman to pull it in. What a bite up hook line and sinker.

Has to be the biggest bite up ever in the history of this forum....Huge.... Massive...Would need a few fisherman to pull it in. What a bite up hook line and sinker.

Probably is a big bite, difference is tho our Gaffa comes on here and uses his own name, it's people who hide behind their pc's and don't come clean that makes him bite.

However the loss last night, it was gonna happen one day and we'll just crack on, but as a club we are financially very sound, a lot more sound than most, have just signed a stiker from level 4 and are 6 points clear at the top of Div.2, so we'll have to try and put another run together, but the Gaffa has targets and without question know he will succeed, so for now we'll let all the little big men hide behind their pc's and have their moment and enjoy it too.....bonjour for now.

Probably is a big bite, difference is tho our Gaffa comes on here and uses his own name, it's people who hide behind their pc's and don't come clean that makes him bite.

However the loss last night, it was gonna happen one day and we'll just crack on, but as a club we are financially very sound, a lot more sound than most, have just signed a stiker from level 4 and are 6 points clear at the top of Div.2, so we'll have to try and put another run together, but the Gaffa has targets and without question know he will succeed, so for now we'll let all the little big men hide behind their pc's and have their moment and enjoy it too.....bonjour for now.

and the striker from level 4, wasn't registered in time for last night, definately would have been a different story had he been, but that's football.

as a club we are financially very sound

Should hope so....... you dont have the day to day running costs of your own ground.

FFS, stop banging on about what a great team you are.....at least until you've had the ribbon cut on your new ground and won the Prem. :smilewinkgrin: