Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Burnham - Tuesday 23rd November

Windsor_Sec

That was embarrassing, not so much the loss or the poor performance but the shouting and swearing between our own players. They certainly didn't represent the club in the right light and as for Delroy Preddie who seemed to totally lose it, I should think/hope he has played his last game for the club after that incident last night! I don't mind seeing some passion, but that was embarrassing.

Lost 1-0 in what I can only describe as the worst game of football I've seen since the world cup!

To be fair to the lads you can probably count on one hand the amount of poor performances they've put in this season. Most of the time they've been excellent, hence there is no need to be too downbeat, after all it was only the b&b cup.

Delroy's behaviour did seem bizarre to say the least, I suppose we should keep in mind our players are just ordinary guys with ordinary lives, jobs and problems etc. Perhaps he was just having a bad day for whatever reason. Granted the sheer volatile nature of his outbursts went well beyond what is generally acceptable on a football pitch. It didn't look good.

As for the game we were 2nd best all over the pitch in the 1st half. Second half we were slightly better without really looking too threatening apart from a couple of half chances.

As for the ref he was very very poor. If there is one thing that antagonises players and fans alike it’s a ref who isn't consistent. He would give a foul one minute and then the next minute wave play on for exactly the same offence. I'm not normally someone who likes to see players screaming at referees but last nights ref would have tested the patience of a saint.

Anyway a good performance on Saturday and last nights display will be forgotten very quickly.

The performance was bad, the Referee was bad. But Delroy Preddie was a disgrace to the Club, his team-mates and the manager, who has given him the opportunity to play for the Club. For which he should be very grateful, at this stage of his career.

Delroy's out burst was just amazing. At one stage he started to chase up the field threatening to sort somebody out., every other word was F******, and we could not see which Burnham player had offended him. Then we realised it was his own team he was having a go at. At one stage I thought he was going to walk off. He was still sounding off as he went down the tunnel at half time and then the game was held up at the beginning of the second half because he had not come out with the rest of the team.

it was an strange display and although I was glad to see us win, I felt almost sorry for your defence, getting a mouthfull like that - it must really be off-putting. He came out on to the pitch after the game and was still having a chunter to anybody and everybody and nailed two W and E players to whom to deliver a lengthy lecture.

Extra-ordinary!

Oh dear - that sounds suspiciously like the pressure / uncertainty is starting tell on the togetherness squad.

DM and BW have done brilliantly keeping the morale of the squad ship-shape over the last couple of months but I suppose it's bound to have a negative impact at some stage.

Well, whatever caused it, it's a shame it came out in such a public way last night as there's unlikely to be any good come of it.

I would like to aploygise to the club management , the players supports and board members for my behaviour during the game against Burnham on Tuesday evening. My passion for winning games and wanting the team to do well over spilled into moments of madness , which was totally unacceptable and not condoned in any way. It was nothing short of disgraceful and has no place in any walk of life let alone a football pitch.

I'm truly disappointed with myself for my actions and letting the rest of the players down, as team has a lot of ability and enjoyable to play in . Furthermore letting supports and committee members down who have made me feel welcome since arriving to the club.

Once again I apologise and hope no offence was caused.

Thank you

It takes a lot of guts to come on a public forum and apologise so well done Delroy - just make sure that it was a one-off !

To be honest, whilst the language was somewhat OTT it shows deep down that you are passionate about the game and that's what supporters of any club want to see. I know a few people were very upset at your antics but hey-ho that's life, we put it behind us, learn from our mistakes and move on.

Well done Delroy. It speaks volumes for you as a person to admit your mistakes and apologise on a public forum such as this.

You made a mistake, but I do understand where you are coming from as I too once went OTT in a match I was playing in, and like you, that came from my passion for winning and wanting the best for the team, but sadly when that happens, it's not good for the team or yourself and you regret it deeply.

That being said, we are all human, and as long as we learn from our mistakes and move forward (which as an experienced player, I'm sure you have and will move on positively), then all will be fine.

Onwards and upwards and hopefully three points on Saturday!

• 2 months later...

Delroy Preddie is a coach of a team in the U13 Slough Youth League - I am told that yesterday he was up to his old tricks again - screaming at the referee during and after the game. Still wanting to carry on berating the ref 5 minutes after the game rather than talk to his players. Disgraceful display.

The guy's got a screw loose.

He kept a clean sheet for Hayes & Yeading in the Conference on Saturday so must be doing something right!

It's interesting to see how many players have moved up a level or 2 since the club folded. Dwaine Lee and Leon Soloman at Conference South level and Delroy Preddie in the Conference proper.