Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Up and Down

Know we haven't even reached Xmas yet but just wondered what people's thought's would be on the League's set up for next season.

The premier league, with 23 teams at present needed to lose a team for the 2011/12 season, but with Sport London Benfica having now gone and reducing Division 1 to 21 teams would a guess be 3 relegated from the Premier and 2 promoted from Division 1, giving both divisions 22 teams, or 2 relegated and just the 1 promoted, harsh on some, a saviour maybe on others.

As for relegation from Division 1/promotion from Division 2, guess that would stay at the simple 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 ratio.

Taking all the above into consideration then who would be the lucky and unlucky clubs, are there any clubs in any division who don't meet the stipulated criteria as of now, i:e any Premier clubs not meeting step 5 status, or any Division 1 clubs not meeting step 6.

It would be a shame if Kings Langley and Berhamstead as they sit now in Division 1 were to be denied, if not which 3 Premier clubs would be likely to make way for them.

Padbury look good for gaining promotion to Division 1, if another were to join them then given facilities as they stand now then Winslow would look the safe bet, but which 2 clubs would go down, as of present 4 clubs sit on 13 points at the summit of Division 1, Stony Stratford, Cranfield, Amersham and WGC, or could 3 of those escape and drag someone else into the mire.......what's your thoughts?

Edited by ref off ref

I agree with above, Kings Langley and berkshamsted clearly look favourites and would be great addition to a competitive Premier Divison.

I dont know alot about Divison 2 so can't comment to much,

As for Division 1, im guessing its going to be 2 clubs this year from the bottom.... Going by results it will be tight, i can see more clubs being dragged into it, from personal point of view i can't see Amersham pulling out of the group, WGC have been in free fall but New manager at the right time could help their chances alot.

Stony and cranfield have defs enough quality to drag others into it, looking at some results they have picked up lately..

To make things more fun I think 3 teams should get relegated from the Prem.

Winners of Division 1 straight up.

Then there should be play off's for the 2nd spot for promotion.

Say from 2nd place down to 4th place. I know it's harsh for the team that have come 2nd but just think it would spice things up.

I agree with above, Kings Langley and berkshamsted clearly look favourites and would be great addition to a competitive Premier Divison.

I dont know alot about Divison 2 so can't comment to much,

As for Division 1, im guessing its going to be 2 clubs this year from the bottom.... Going by results it will be tight, i can see more clubs being dragged into it, from personal point of view i can't see Amersham pulling out of the group, WGC have been in free fall but New manager at the right time could help their chances alot.

Stony and cranfield have defs enough quality to drag others into it, looking at some results they have picked up lately..

Shouldnt Amersham Town be put out of their misery and relegated for once?!?

but with Sport London Benfica having now gone and reducing Division 1 to 21 teams would a guess be 3 relegated from the Premier and 2 promoted from Division 1, giving both divisions 22 teams, or 2 relegated and just the 1 promoted, harsh on some, a saviour maybe on others.

As for relegation from Division 1/promotion from Division 2, guess that would stay at the simple 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 ratio.

Ref Off Ref - Can you see Brache Sparta Community surviving until the end of this season and if they do will they enter the SSML next season, surely their days are numbered despite the Club's reslience under the amazing Chris Juraszek.

it would be unjust for only one to go up from division 1 as i presume all the teams understood there would be 2 promotion places and after the hard work that goes into a successful campaign on and off the field any club who missed out on the opportunity to play the next season a division higher because of the "politics" would feel extremely hard done by and rightly so. besides the fact that berko and kings langley would only be beneficial to the prem :smilewinkgrin:

Not a knock on Southill Alex but why do these clubs get the right to go straight into Div.1.

Like Stotfold into Prem and London Lions Div.1 this season, just think it's unfair on the rest of the SSML teams who have to earn their rightful place, any new team regardless of who they are should be asked to start in Div.2, as did Winslow this season after just a season out.

As I say it's not a knock on any of these clubs, just an opinion

I have been informed that the process has changed with the FA. For next season, teams need to apply directly to the league they wish to try and go to. Not to the FA directly.

As for Southill Alexander, I understand that to be even considered for Promotion, the team, or any team need to be no lower than 3rd in the Beds County League (if the Champions or runners-up do not have the necessary ground requirements).

Edited by britman

It's a well put point RR, maybe someone else would make it personal but can't take offence at what you say. Personally I don't know how it is decided but we are a Step 7 club and we're in a league where we are competing against clubs in the main who would not want even if they could accept promotion, they just don't apply, whereas we hope to be competitive and do have the ambition to gain promotion to step 6 somewhere.

We have to apply to both the SSML and the UCL by the end of December, then if we qualify I'm told in the top 3, providing no-one above us wants to go up it's out of our hands which step 6 league we are put in. Thats if we qualify and I'd be the firt to admit that it's not easy in any league let alone the Beds Premier. I think that apart from those clubs which have made the SSML via the Beds most people would be surprised at the standard played. I'm not saying it's better than this or that step 7 or 6 in the SSML or the UCL but it is different. You get a lot more older sides with experience from players who have played in either the UCL or SSML, just that they've maybe settled down a bit, maybe got kids and feel the need to stay closer to home, less traveling and more time available for the missus!

edit. Sorry Britman, crossed posts, you said it better!

Edited by loose

Not a knock on Southill Alex but why do these clubs get the right to go straight into Div.1.

Like Stotfold into Prem and London Lions Div.1 this season, just think it's unfair on the rest of the SSML teams who have to earn their rightful place, any new team regardless of who they are should be asked to start in Div.2, as did Winslow this season after just a season out.

Stotfold was a sideways move as they were already at Step 5 in the UCL. The FA made the decision to move them - Stotfold had wanted the change for a few years.

London Lions were promoted from Step 7 (HSCL) to step 6, like Hatfield Town in 2008.

The SSML is unusual in that it has divisons at steps 5,6 & 7 - normally for leagues at this level it's just steps 5 & 6.

Teams in other step 7 leagues in the area have to have somewhere to be promoted to. There aren't any central/east Herts sides in the SSML Div Two as most are in the HSCL.

I have been informed that the process has changed with the FA. For next season, teams need to apply directly to the league they wish to try and go to. Not to the FA directly.

As for Southill Alexander, I understand that to be even considered for Promotion, the team, or any team need to be no lower than 3rd in the Beds County League (if the Champions or runners-up do not have the necessary ground requirements).

Applying directly to the league from step 7 to 6 has been in place for a while now.

Ref Off Ref - Can you see Brache Sparta Community surviving until the end of this season and if they do will they enter the SSML next season, surely their days are numbered despite the Club's reslience under the amazing Chris Juraszek.

Do keep up Rhodes - Chris Juraszek left Brache 6 weeks ago.

We have to apply to both the SSML and the UCL by the end of December

Loosely - I've heard on the grapevine that this will be your final season at the Carlsberg Stadium, can you confirm that

Stotfold was a sideways move as they were already at Step 5 in the UCL. The FA made the decision to move them - Stotfold had wanted the change for a few years.

London Lions were promoted from Step 7 (HSCL) to step 6, like Hatfield Town in 2008.

The SSML is unusual in that it has divisons at steps 5,6 & 7 - normally for leagues at this level it's just steps 5 & 6.

Teams in other step 7 leagues in the area have to have somewhere to be promoted to. There aren't any central/east Herts sides in the SSML Div Two as most are in the HSCL.

Applying directly to the league from step 7 to 6 has been in place for a while now.

Rhodes out of the loop again!! lol

Rhodes out of the loop again!! lol

But he loves to make out he is right in the loop and its just so funny how far out of the loop he is. Rhodes you should really stop now.

Wasn't a knock in anyway towards Southill Alexander, Stotfold or even London Lions, and Hatield Town too, the more teams this league can attract then the better.

It's just that when you look at the achievements of Aston Clinton last season and Risborough in the Challenge Trophy this season to a degree it is tough on them teams because they are not fortunate enough to have facilities for level 6, however season after season they come back and do the SSML proud.

Berkhampstead and now Winslow this season after a short break had to re-start life back in division 2, as I said previously nothing against the sides that have joined the SSML, just sympathy I guess to already established member clubs.

On that would love to see Southill Alexander, if it be their wish, granted SSML football next season, but then as Loose says, many hurdles to jump and balls to be kicked before we know of the outcome.

Yes, and it is unfair on teams who play season on season in same league and a new team jumps into the league above. No Offence to such teams who have done so since they have proven themselves that they can compete at their levels but with the 3 stages (5,6,7) it makes things more confusing than is necessary.

Does anyone know the certain criteria needed to be able to move leagues if promoted.

For example, Berko 1-premier.... what do they need to have done to the ground etc..

On that would love to see Southill Alexander, if it be their wish, granted SSML football next season, but then as Loose says, many hurdles to jump and balls to be kicked before we know of the outcome.

Ref Off Ref - But would Southill Alexander be able to meet ground criteria, even for Division 2, if they vacate the Carlsberg Stadium at the end of this season, where would they play

It's not exactly a jump up though is it. It's a rightful promotion. I certain Aston Clinton would have been promoted had their ground met the right criteria. If you finish in a high enough position at Step 7, it makes sense to move up to Step 6.

I'm certain if there is only room for 2 promotions to SSML Div.1. The league would favour the Top 2 Div.2 clubs rather than an outside team. Again though it depends just as much on ground gradings as league points.

At present at SAFC we're not really in a position to think about promotion after the upheaval the squad suffered earlier in the season. Should we finish the season like last year, it could be a possibility, but until the points are on the board, we'll just carry on quietly with our business.