Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island V Hastings Utd

Matt H

So, what do we reckon?

Hastings are rock bottom of the form guide. Since their last league win against Harrow Borough on October 2nd they have only earned themselves four points. They have lost their last 8 league games and been knocked out of both the League and County cup competitions in between.

Hastings have lost their Management team and a flurry of players throughout the season, which reflects their league position of 19th, level on points with all three of the other clubs that currently occupy the relegation zone, (Croydon Athletic, Maidstone Utd and Folkestone Invicta).

In comparison Canvey have earned 11 points from their last eight league games, but have also seen them exit the League and County Cup in between. Canvey are currently 6 points off of a play-off place and have a game in hand over three of the teams that currently occupy those positions, whilst two of the teams between us and the play-offs have a game in hand over us. A victory on Saturday will see the Gulls win their third league game on the bounce and take the number of league fixtures won so far this season into double figures.

Canvey Island 3 - 1 Hastings Utd

Curran

Heale

King

Good luck on Saturday, I will go for a 3-0 win for the Mighty Yellows with Dan getting 2 and Jay getting the other one. Hope the Yellow Army are at their usual vocal best, COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!

Hastings 1-2 Canvey.

Rhodes and Heale with the goals.

No excuses with this one - we have to win. Time to show everyone what we're all about if we wanna push to close the gap on the top 5.

I'm gonna go for 2-0 to Canvey, with a goal in either half by the Canvey Cantona, Danny Heale!!

Have your camera ready at about 4.50 on Saturday, you never know, you may get another Kodak moment!!!

No excuses with this one - we have to win. Time to show everyone what we're all about if we wanna push to close the gap on the top 5.

I'm gonna go for 2-0 to Canvey, with a goal in either half by the Canvey Cantona, Danny Heale!!

This will be a tricky game as they are fighting for there lives and weill will be expected to win.

I fancy a 3 - 1 win, Heale, Kingy & Curran with the goals.

Don't forget if you want to travel to the game the Players Coach leaves at 11am, followed by the Supporters coach at 11:30am.

Both leave from the Brockwell!

Come on you Gulls!

Canvey 1 - 0 Hastings

Craig Davidson penalty on 24mins.

Team: Russell, Everett, West, Dobinson, Moore, Easterford, Davidson, Game, J. Curran, Heale, Rhodes.

Subs: Isa, Kerrigan, Skidmore, Matthews, Gordon.

Good result for the boys, but we still need to take our chances and did have a few chances to wrap the game in the second half. Hastings did play well and broke very quickly and had chances to equalise. I think in this form they will escape relagation.

I see that wealdstone were a bit lucky to sneak a win today!!!!!:97:

Have your camera ready at about 4.50 on Saturday, you never know, you may get another Kodak moment!!!

How very right you were Gaffer! Funny how these things happen in football!

Delighted with another clean sheet and another 3 points today. Both sides had chances to score further goals, but I'll take a 1-0 all day long! No midweek game, I hope the lads take it easy before home matches against Hendon and Croydon, where we have to be aiming to take another 6 points on our own turf.

Great atmosphere today from the Yellow Army, top draw support!

7-1 Hastings !:brille008:

Or even 6-1 to Wealdstone!!

great view from the Concord game! Healsy did a certain kepper call you pissed at 2 am this morning! lol

Today Richard Jolly was everything that Scott Fitzgerald hasnt been. Mobile, full of energy and taking his chances like a decent striker should do. Whether we manage to hold into him for more than the initial loan period is open to debate, but 5 goals in 3 games has proved to be a superb return so far.

We totally dominated today although it has to be said Concord were by far the most inept outfit we've played all season. Quite why on Earth they had managed to work their way up to 7th is maybe a sign that this league isnt quite as strong as some seem to think it is. Maybe we've just made this league look stronger than it actually is with some of our lesser performances this year?

Their keeper had possibly the worst game an opposing player has had against us. Getting into a ruck with Lee Chappell after our left back had fairly challenged a through ball, should have done better with Jolly's 2nd goal, gifted us the 3rd when he sliced a back pass straight to Jolls, and then got sent off for an appalling challenge which led to our penalty. One gets the feeling Concord might end up sliding down the league a fair bit.

As for the area, classic Essex dump. A trailer park to one side of the ground, an oil refinery to the other. The car park was the usual mix of white vans, boy racer mobiles, and amongst all this, a nearly new Aston Martin which no doubt belongs to the bloke who pumps money into this club. Was that his missus who was shouting and screaming at the end at a couple of our players?[/url]

attic Posts: 1603 Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

As much as I enjoyed the result, how can this Wealdstone fan say that after seeing Concord play once this season?!?! I think it's more a case of a (very) bad day at the office than what this Wealdstone fan seems to suggest!

Some Wealdstone fans are complete mugs and take after some of their players. Last time when I went to Wealdstone and it all kicked off at the end it was their twat captain Lee Chappell again getting in on the act and antagonising with his "calm down, calm down" gesturing. Pity he didn't tell that to his own animals trying to burst through the players' tunnel.

Tough game yesterday and in fairness Hastings were a bit unlucky not to get a point.

No idea how that one at the end stayed out and I thought our failure to kill the game off would come back to haunt us.

Penalty was a bit harsh. Alot of refs wouldn't have given it but considering some of the awards that have gone against us recently it was nice to get the luck for a change.

Crow came in and did really well. Rarely gave the ball away and got stuck in.

Defensively we looked solid although a bit sluggish in the first 20 minutes. A better side may have punished us but we dug in and improved once we took the lead.

Dobbo had another fine game, controlling the midfield and Jay worked really hard and was a constant threat to their defence.

Results went quite well for us yesterday so we're back in contention for the play offs.

As much as I enjoyed the result, how can this Wealdstone fan say that after seeing Concord play once this season?!?! I think it's more a case of a (very) bad day at the office than what this Wealdstone fan seems to suggest!

I agree there. A bit similar to when Harrow beat us.

There's been some strange results this season and most teams will have a day where everthing goes wrong and they're on the end of a thrashing.

How very right you were Gaffer! Funny how these things happen in football!

Delighted with another clean sheet and another 3 points today. Both sides had chances to score further goals, but I'll take a 1-0 all day long! No midweek game, I hope the lads take it easy before home matches against Hendon and Croydon, where we have to be aiming to take another 6 points on our own turf.

Great atmosphere today from the Yellow Army, top draw support!

I cant believe how quickly the opportunity came round, didn't see that result coming to be honest, but glad it did after the stick we were given after our Harrow defeat!!!! dance%20%282%29.gif cheesy%20%282%29.gif:yay:

From what I have been told, we were lucky to come away with the 3 points but thats brilliant, how many times have we outplayed and dominated teams and come away empty handed, well done to the Mighty Yellows!!! That's now 3 on the bounce in the league, lets keep this up and a play-off place is well within our grasp!!!