Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey F.C.

Smudge

GUERNSEY VOTED INTO CCL DIV. 1 BY MEMBER CLUBS LAST NIGHT !

HOPEFULLY THERE WILL NO BE HICK-UPS ALONG THE WAY, BUT WOULD IMAGINE THERE WILL PROBABLY BE SOME TEETHING PROBLEMS TO START OFF WITH SO NOW WAIT FOR ALL THE MOANS, REMEMBER FIRST THAT THE CLUBS VOTED GUERNSEY IN !

IT'S GOING TO BE EXCITING FOR THE PLAYERS TO ENJOY PLAYING IN FRONT OF +400 CROWD (SO WE ARE TOLD), SURELY A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR THEM AND THE CLUBS TO TAKE IN THE MOMENT....... BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE HOW GOOD GUERNSEY ACTUALLY ARE !

ITS GOOD TO HAVE NEW CLUBS INVOLVED IN THE CCL COS IT GIVES THE LEAGUE A HIGHER PROFILE AND COULD BE DEEMED AS A STEP FORWARD IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

so what if they are mid table this time next year if teams can't be bothered ( as you say) why would they want to travel to Guernsey and visa versa.......hmmm. will you be travelling with any particular club,

STUPID STATEMENT DUNCS READ WHAT YOU WROTE............. 'COS ITS WARMER DERRRR !..... 'COS THE LEAGUE DICTATES THEY HAVE TOO ......SIMPLES ! NEXT SEASON COVE SHOULD NOT BOTHER GOING TO GUERNSEY WITH NOTHING TO PLAY FOR AND ENJOY THE FINE.............. HAPPY DAYS ! GET A BOBBLE HAT DUNCS IT'LL MAKE YOU HEAD WARMER SO YOU CAN THINK BETTER ....................LOL !

GOOD TRY DUNCS ! YEAH IM SURE SOMEONE WILL FOR PAY ME TO GO AND WATCH A FEW GAMES OVER THERE WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSD, OR I WILL BE GOING TO GUERNSEY NEXT SEASON WITH YOU AND SMUDGY BOY.......................HA HA HA !!!

I have a reputation to keep up so I certainly wouldn't want to be seen out with some old has been don't mind going out with Smudge though NG.

THE RUMOUR ABOUT YOU & SMUDGE IS RIFE DON'T WORRY, BEST LEFT TO YOU TOO GETTING IT ON.......LOL !.... AND BTW DIDN'T REALISE YOU ARE A SPRING CHICKEN WITH NO FEATHERS ........HA HA !

C

GUERNSEY VOTED INTO CCL DIV. 1 BY MEMBER CLUBS LAST NIGHT !

HOPEFULLY THERE WILL NO BE HICK-UPS ALONG THE WAY, BUT WOULD IMAGINE THERE WILL PROBABLY BE SOME TEETHING PROBLEMS TO START OFF WITH SO NOW WAIT FOR ALL THE MOANS, REMEMBER FIRST THAT THE CLUBS VOTED GUERNSEY IN !

IT'S GOING TO BE EXCITING FOR THE PLAYERS TO ENJOY PLAYING IN FRONT OF +400 CROWD (SO WE ARE TOLD), SURELY A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR THEM AND THE CLUBS TO TAKE IN THE MOMENT....... BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE HOW GOOD GUERNSEY ACTUALLY ARE !

ITS GOOD TO HAVE NEW CLUBS INVOLVED IN THE CCL COS IT GIVES THE LEAGUE A HIGHER PROFILE AND COULD BE DEEMED AS A STEP FORWARD IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

so what if they are mid table this time next year if teams can't be bothered ( as you say) why would they want to travel to Guernsey and visa versa.......hmmm. will you be travelling with any particular club,

STUPID STATEMENT DUNCS READ WHAT YOU WROTE............. 'COS ITS WARMER DERRRR !..... 'COS THE LEAGUE DICTATES THEY HAVE TOO ......SIMPLES ! NEXT SEASON COVE SHOULD NOT BOTHER GOING TO GUERNSEY WITH NOTHING TO PLAY FOR AND ENJOY THE FINE.............. HAPPY DAYS ! GET A BOBBLE HAT DUNCS IT'LL MAKE YOU HEAD WARMER SO YOU CAN THINK BETTER ....................LOL !

GOOD TRY DUNCS ! YEAH IM SURE SOMEONE WILL FOR PAY ME TO GO AND WATCH A FEW GAMES OVER THERE WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSD, OR I WILL BE GOING TO GUERNSEY NEXT SEASON WITH YOU AND SMUDGY BOY.......................HA HA HA !!!

I have a reputation to keep up so I certainly wouldn't want to be seen out with some old has been don't mind going out with Smudge though NG.

REPUTATION DUNCS YOU'RE RIGHT ! WITH FECKING THIS AND FECKING THAT YOU KENTS....................NICE ! KEEP IT UP...........LOL !!!

Yer C could stand for couple mind you i was thinking of something else like Ken..........no doubt he is trying to put our names together and come up with an anogram of our names.can't wait lets hope its funny this time LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL boring kent.

My main question is that the games are going to be lifeless!

How are away fans going to get there? I thought football was for the fans and asking them to make this sort of journey in these economic times is ridiculous! I hope it doesnt go through because they will be just another big club passing through whilst the fans have to twiddle their thumbs

The benefit for guernsey is great... the benefit to everyone else is marginal if at all existant

I will try and read through most of the comments on this topic, but wont comment on each one... Even I do not have time for that! :)

But I will try and answer specific question that you might have.

Please note that I have no affiliation or involvement in Guernsey FC or Guernsey FA. I do have extensive experience in how Guernsey football is run from personal experience.

Edited by Guernsey

did you know an anogram of yours and the fans names together can come out as The Funnie Gay C quite ironic wouldn't you say..

BUSY THEN ? .................SUGGEST YOU KEEP TO CROSSWORDS.......... OH NO DONT BOTHER, PROBABLY TOO DIFFICULT...........LOL !!!

TRY JOIN THE DOTS.......HA HA !!!

Yer C could stand for couple mind you i was thinking of something else like Ken..........no doubt he is trying to put our names together and come up with an anogram of our names.can't wait lets hope its funny this time LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL boring kent.

FAR TOO BUSY TO DO ANAGRAMS SO OBVIOUSLY NOT AS BORING AS YOU DUNCS? ..... PLEASE, YOU'VE GOTTA BE BORING TRYING TO DO ANAGRAMS......... WORK NIGHTS I PRESUME !!! ............... OOPS THERE GOES ANOTHER KENT ............ SO NICE, GENTLEMANLY LIKE. SAD ...... LOL, LOL, LOL !!!

Edited by NICE GUY

Sorry I thought this was a forum for adults where we talked to each other about non-league football... I must of accidently wandered into a kids playground

Can we all just grow up a bit please, yo are meant to be adults! and you are representing the CCL on this forum... I'm surprised the Guernsey fans still want to join when they look at you arguing

My main question is that the games are going to be lifeless!

How are away fans going to get there? I thought football was for the fans and asking them to make this sort of journey in these economic times is ridiculous! I hope it doesnt go through because they will be just another big club passing through whilst the fans have to twiddle their thumbs

The benefit for guernsey is great... the benefit to everyone else is marginal if at all existant

I think initially there will be very good crowd support from Guernsey fans. You only have one "away" trip per season, Guernsey will have around 19! I am not up to date as to the standard of football played at CC level but I would think its on a par with Guernsey football. I cant see Guernsey simply running away with the title.

There will be big hurdles for our local players, some will not be able to travel every other week so I can see a number of players being used. Guernsey only has 7 teams in their top league, with only a couple of teams each seaqson capable of winning the league. This season St. Martins have run away with the league. Some players playing locally are not that good if I am perfectly honest. Had this happened 20 years ago the story would have been different as the quality then was so much better.

Surely the opportunity of a game in slightly warmer climate, chance for some team bonding (hopefully not drunken binges!) would be of benefit? Guernsey FA is now seen a a county by the FA so do they not also deserve to have the same chances of playing at the best level they can?

Do Guernsey fans also have a right to see some better football without having to travel to the UK?

You will be able to get some good deal from Airlines providing you book in advance or travel down to Poole or Weymouth and travel by boat.

If you get really stuck then as your average Guernseymen I can pop across on my private executive jet and give you a lift. *

*This may not be true.

Edited by Guernsey

It has now been conifrmed that if they play in the CC next season Guernsey FC will play their home games at Footes Lane. However Guernsey Rugby Club also play their games here and they will have first call on fixtures. But Guernsey FC have said that they are cofnident that the two clubs can work together on this. The playing surface should not be a problem as the Guernsey FA Cup Final was played this week and the surface was in very good condition.

Sorry I thought this was a forum for adults where we talked to each other about non-league football... I must of accidently wandered into a kids playground

Can we all just grow up a bit please, yo are meant to be adults! and you are representing the CCL on this forum... I'm surprised the Guernsey fans still want to join when they look at you arguing

Lighten up man whats wrong with a good old Barney, are you one of those people that think everything is great with world and when you open your curtains in the morning the sun is always shining and the birds are all singing, no its not like that in my world and when I want to call someone a kent I will so feck off back to perfect land and leave us alone,do you think nobody has an argument in Guernsey,cuckoo cuckoo.

It has now been conifrmed that if they play in the CC next season Guernsey FC will play their home games at Footes Lane. However Guernsey Rugby Club also play their games here and they will have first call on fixtures. But Guernsey FC have said that they are cofnident that the two clubs can work together on this. The playing surface should not be a problem as the Guernsey FA Cup Final was played this week and the surface was in very good condition.

Let them in I say,reason another Athletics Track,at least you know who will not be going.MADE MY DAY.Oh and another plus point they will be Groundsharing.WOOPEE CAN'T WAIT.Where's me Bucket and Spade.

Let them in I say,reason another Athletics Track,at least you know who will not be going.MADE MY DAY.Oh and another plus point they will be Groundsharing.WOOPEE CAN'T WAIT.Where's me Bucket and Spade.

YEAH HOPEFULLY 2 WILL GO FROM THE CCL PREM SO THEY ARE ALL IN DIV 1 ALBEIT DIFFERENT LEAGUES. HOORAY !

YEAH THATS RIGHT SMUDGY BOY. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE YOU BUCKET AND SPADE , OH AND MAKE SURE YOUR MUMMY STICKS YOUR DUMMY IN YOUR GOB AND HAS SOME SPARE NAPPIES JUST IN CASE YOU....................... THEN AFTER THAT YOU CAN.DIG A HOLE AND FALL IN IT............... THATS A NICE DAY BY THE SEASIDE .................HA HA HA !!!!