Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey F.C.

Smudge

Do not disagree with many points put,but from a supporters point of view,it is a DEAD DUCK.There is not a current ground in C.C.L.,that costs more than £30,to get too,pay entry,have Coffee,Burger,Couple Beers.Where as GUERNSEY minimum cost by my reckoning,will be £120.What happens if the 6 Concessionary pass holders want to go,normally Committee Members by my experience,A squad of 16 players,Manager,Asst. Manager,kitman,Physio= 26,Guernsey pay for 22 travelling,so 4 must stay behind,or club must fund,Loss to CLUB,4 X £120=£480.Simple maths?

Smudge you will only play Guernsey away once a season if you do not draw them in the cup. It is not like every club has to pay this amount every week. If you choose to bring the extra 4 at a cost of £480 surely that works out at every traveller paying £18.46 each to cover that cost, simple maths?

When our players come to the mainland to play in county competions they have to pay between £50 and £100 each to play. Surely once a season, twice at most, this can be treated as a weekend away for your clubs and as we know there is nothing like getting away together to build team and club camaraderie

For goodness sake can we focus on the football and the opportunity and get away from the finances, this can be as cheap or expensive as you like. I see this as a great opportunity for everybody but then my glass is always half full

M50 - thanks for that - you beat me in replying to CT

Surely when not playing at home all CCL sides have to make travel arrangements so I dont see the difference when playing Guernsey, it just means clubs/players will have to get themselves to Gatwick.

I don't think it right to punish Guernsey FC financially for having more potential support or bigger gate receipts. The club is willing to cover all of your travel costs and help in any other way possible but to suggest that they should also provide £500 out of pocket expenses is taking advantage of the situation, in my opinion. Guernsey FC is working tirelessly to bring the required level of sponsorship to this venture. The funding is not just appearing out of the blue, individuals are out there in the community drumming up financial and community support.

A lot of people are focusing too much on how many people will attend Guernsey FC fixtures, it does sound like Guernsey will have more support than some, but surely your teams would love the opportunity of regular games with crowds of 500+

The more support Guernsey attracts must be good for your league but it must be every club's aim to move forwards, improve, win things and attract their own support and therefore their gate receipts.

Guernsey FC is certainly no AFC Wimbledon and as some have pointed out on this site our standard of football might not be as high as yours. Again as pointed out on this site we wond the National Systems League Cup last year but I gather that trophy is played for at a much lower level of football than your league. We do fancy our chances because we do have some really good talented players but we are realistic. It would be interesting to find out who considers us to be the new AFC Wimbledon and where this came from? The funding will not get us to the top of your league or any for that matter, so someone somewhere must have seen us play or have some kind of inside information. There are not many in Guernsey who know what to expect from your league, what standard it is or how we will fare.

Hi GG, Thanks for your further comment. You point is valid, but I think that there may be an opportunity to part-share the gate money over an agreed break-in number. The average gate in Div 1 is 40.1, that is every-one not just paying customers. Your crowd will be, certainly for the first games, coming along for the show. lf your gates hold up to the sort of numbers quoted (500+) then that would generate £15,000 amatch (@ min £3 per head. Most good Div 1 gates generate £200-400, quite a mis-match you'll agree. However with a break-even figure agreed and maybe a 75-25 split of the excess in Guernseys favour, this would do immense goodwill towards Guernseys cause in joing the CCL. If the gates drop off, then so be it. There is a lot of genuine goodwill towards this venture, and I for one hopes it goes ahead.

M50 - thanks for that - you beat me in replying to CT

Surely when not playing at home all CCL sides have to make travel arrangements so I dont see the difference when playing Guernsey, it just means clubs/players will have to get themselves to Gatwick.

I don't think it right to punish Guernsey FC financially for having more potential support or bigger gate receipts. The club is willing to cover all of your travel costs and help in any other way possible but to suggest that they should also provide £500 out of pocket expenses is taking advantage of the situation, in my opinion. Guernsey FC is working tirelessly to bring the required level of sponsorship to this venture. The funding is not just appearing out of the blue, individuals are out there in the community drumming up financial and community support.

A lot of people are focusing too much on how many people will attend Guernsey FC fixtures, it does sound like Guernsey will have more support than some, but surely your teams would love the opportunity of regular games with crowds of 500+

The more support Guernsey attracts must be good for your league but it must be every club's aim to move forwards, improve, win things and attract their own support and therefore their gate receipts.

Guernsey FC is certainly no AFC Wimbledon and as some have pointed out on this site our standard of football might not be as high as yours. Again as pointed out on this site we wond the National Systems League Cup last year but I gather that trophy is played for at a much lower level of football than your league. We do fancy our chances because we do have some really good talented players but we are realistic. It would be interesting to find out who considers us to be the new AFC Wimbledon and where this came from? The funding will not get us to the top of your league or any for that matter, so someone somewhere must have seen us play or have some kind of inside information. There are not many in Guernsey who know what to expect from your league, what standard it is or how we will fare.

Hi GG, Thanks for your further comment. You point is valid, but I think that there may be an opportunity to part-share the gate money over an agreed break-in number. The average gate in Div 1 is 40.1, that is every-one not just paying customers. Your crowd will be, certainly for the first games, coming along for the show. lf your gates hold up to the sort of numbers quoted (500+) then that would generate £15,000 amatch (@ min £3 per head. Most good Div 1 gates generate £200-400, quite a mis-match you'll agree. However with a break-even figure agreed and maybe a 75-25 split of the excess in Guernseys favour, this would do immense goodwill towards Guernseys cause in joing the CCL. If the gates drop off, then so be it. There is a lot of genuine goodwill towards this venture, and I for one hopes it goes ahead.

Maths ? doh.gif

Thanks Knapmeister

Just one correction £1,500 not £15,000 and if your crowd numbers are correct we already have more than that average gate watching the local football league which contains only 7 teams

Our biggest annual game is versus Jersey and that attracts around a crowd of around 2,500. When we were playing in the National Systems Cup our support was up to 3,000 and when we travelled as England to Croatia over 200 individual travelling supporters went from the Island

I am not saying that your gate idea would never be looked at, I am sure the Guernsey FC people are monitoring this and other sites, but if Guernsey does not get into your league at your AGM you will not have that income anyway. Guernsey FC is giving your clubs the opportunity to have a break away as a club and paying for it for you, surely that is enough.

Correct Smudge therefore we have to ensure that our gates stay at 500+

At your maths we need £2,500 each week, either to get us to the mainland to play or to get your teams to Guernsey

That is £100,000 just for the league games, then we need to pay for any cup games. So please understand our commitment to this venture and understand when we are asked for a further £500 for each clubs out of pocket expenses we push back a bit

We are not taking this application lightly and if we are given the opportunity to play in your league and once your teams have been across to Guernsey to play you will see that our hospitality, professionalism and facilities will prove that you made the correct decision

Guru going by your figures,you must be expecting crowds of 1500 at least at home,reason costs of flying teams both ways,hotel charges,would come too £5000 minimum.Any less home crowds would surely see you eating in to your reserves/sponsorship.How many watch the Rugby Games at present.

Smudge Guernsey FC will have no option than to eat into the sponsorship and reserves. If the venture is given the green light there are further sponsors who will get involved and the clubs Board will ensure the whole package is managed correctly. Those who have met Mark Le Tissier and co at recent meetings will now know that they are very professional people who have completely thought the venture through

There are risks financially, but that holds out for any finance in football. Due to the level of sponsorship the risks are mitigated but continued revenue streams will be essential to the success of the club.

The club will not be financially dependant on the size of the crowd, but it will definitely help!

At this stage I should inform everyone that I am only a supporter of the team

I am not involved in Guernsey FC in any other way. The information I provide on here is based on my readings of the Guernsey Evening Press and what I hear and discuss at local football matches. We are a small Island so it is very difficult to keep any secrets and basically everybody in the football community knows one another.

I have said 'we' a little to often and I do not want it construed as if I am talking on behalf of Mark Le Tissier and his Board, it is just me getting carried away and excited about the potential of this project for Guernsey football.

Believe it or not,I wish any Venture by Guernsey F.C. SUCCESS,but knowing how much posters on here moan about the time it takes to get to Croydon Arena,which by it's name has a running track round it,so is souless too many.They are falling over themselves to go to Guernsey,reason a freebie.As they say,I PERSONALLY have no say what happens,just being a supporter.But would advise you that the best way to convince people that it is a great idea for all concerned,is have a trial run,before the A.G.M.to see any pitfalls if any.

Edited by Smudge

I don't think many teams will take a full 16 squad to Guernsey for a game when 2 players definately will not play, and 3 may not. Not saying that is right or wrong, but imagine how p1ssed off you would be if you spent a night away from family not to kick a ball in anger.

as long as the manager says beforehand to the WHOLE squad I'm taking 16, 2 of you will not play, 3 may not then at least they will be prepared.

As it will be a friendly, cannot more substitutions be made??

Guru going by your figures,you must be expecting crowds of 1500 at least at home,reason costs of flying teams both ways,hotel charges,would come too £5000 minimum.Any less home crowds would surely see you eating in to your reserves/sponsorship.How many watch the Rugby Games at present.

Blimey ..... no wonder some teams don't have a reserve side if thats what happens to them......:smilewinkgrin:

as long as the manager says beforehand to the WHOLE squad I'm taking 16, 2 of you will not play, 3 may not then at least they will be prepared.

As it will be a friendly, cannot more substitutions be made??

I'm referring to competitive games.