Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town Goalkeeper

Hi all,

Im new to this site and pretty new to non league football...following Kentish town this season.

Obviously it hasnt been a great season but its a time for rebuilding at the club with a view to progressing on in the next few seasons.

We finally seem to have 2 settled keepers in the side...But they seem to be playing alternate games? this cant help team morale and understanding? can it?

Ed Stopps is a 21 year old, previously at Edgware Town and Welwyn Garden City (breifly on loan from edgware before he went to uni up north)...had trials at watford and spurs as a 16/17 year old but nothing came of it. anyone else seen him play? either this season or a few years back when he was at edgware? seems a decent prospect?

the other guy is Pavol Hodur, an eatern european, early thirties...not really seen a lot of him but by all accounts he had a nightmare against hadley in their last game?

any thoughts on either of these guys? i know its early days for both of them but id like an opinion of who people think shoudl be number 1? surely they cant continue to play alternate games if the club is looking to progress?

Pavol played against us, we thought it Erik Thorstedt! He's a big f*cker

Either that or Ivan Drago.. "If he dies he dies"

Edited by NeutralFan

The two best keepers Kentish Town have had in the past were James Noonan and Willo the Cat, they were always reliability personified and both as safe as houses although temperament wise Willo the Cat could sometimes throw his toys out of the pram

i have only seen pavol play against Hertford and he was not good. For such a big guy he should be more commanding! i would go with NF's comment of IVAN DRAGO especially when he smashed our attacker to the floor giving away a penalty in the process. Was quite entertaining hearing him shout though.

On the other note as a ex keeper i must say playing alternate games is not good, its a cop out from making a tuff decision!

Kentish Town's undoing this season was clearly Rak leaving mid-season, had he stayed I think they would have finished mid table or just below

i have only seen pavol play against Hertford and he was not good. For such a big guy he should be more commanding! i would go with NF's comment of IVAN DRAGO especially when he smashed our attacker to the floor giving away a penalty in the process. Was quite entertaining hearing him shout though.

On the other note as a ex keeper i must say playing alternate games is not good, its a cop out from making a tuff decision!

Perhaps the Manager has no confidence in either of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ed is a decent keeper, not been helped this season by chopping nad changing but this season has to be let go and the manager can build for next season.

Pavol, as far as im aware, has now left the club. he wasnt on the bench for the last 2 games with Ed playing in both.

Tony Linehan seems to be there aswell? anyone know anything about him?

what do people think the future holds for kentish town?

id say now theyve been relegated a fair few players will jump ship. i know Ed has to go back up to Uni in Sheffield next season as he is on a placement year back home til september.

Rhodes, i hear Noonan was terribly unreliable and put a spike through his foot...have you been involved in the club previously? whats your take on this season and next?

Rhodes, i hear Noonan was terribly unreliable and put a spike through his foot...have you been involved in the club previously? whats your take on this season and next?

KTFC2011 - How long have you got, I wouldn't mind betting you know full well that I have been involved with the beleaguered Club previously. As I've said before, had Rak not walked away into the night when he did then I think a mid table, or just below mid table, position would have been secured, I think the Club should have done a lot more to keep him however they have a poor track record of not knowing which side their bread is buttered on, like with Clement Temile for example. As for next season I think we have to wait and see whether, firstly, they will be relegated and, secondly, where they will be plying their trade, if they are forced to vacate the Copthall Stadium I'm sure they will fall on their feet as per usual, possibly groundsharing at Coles Park, however a drop into Division 1 will be a disaster and undo all the work Clement did during his unprecedented reign.

No, I can't say that I have but why don't you end all this speculation about the Club's future and come clean

Nellie, you know that if the choice was to hear the truth or to carry on spreading rumours and accusations then Rhodes will choose the latter, so don't hold your breath waiting for his call haha