Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedfordshire FA Junior Cup - 2011/2012

Rhodes

Is there any interest in this competition:

First Round (Saturday 24 September, 2.30pm)

1 Four Model Reserves v Potton United Reserves

2 Thurleigh v Bromham United

3 Wootton Village v Bedford Park Rangers

4 Shefford Town & Campton Reserves v F.C. Spandits Reserves

5 The 61 F.C. 'A' v Stewartby Village

6 Renhold Village v Pavenham

7 Southcott Village Residents Association Reserves v St. Josephs (Saturday) Reserves

8 Sundon Park Rangers Colts v Stevington

9 Dinamo Flitwick Reserves v Sandy Reserves

10 North Sundon Wanderers v Elstow Abbey

11 Great Barford v Royal Oak (Kempston)

12 Bedford Panthers v Shefford Town & Campton 'A'

13 Christians In Sport (Luton) Reserves v Marsh Leys

14 Flitwick Town Reserves v Clifton Reserves

15 Wilshamstead Reserves v Marabese Ceramics

16 Queens Park Crescents v Sharnbrook Reserves

17 Dunton Reserves v Co-Op Sports (Saturday) Reserves

18 Caddington Reserves v Cranfield United Reserves

19 Kempston Hammers Sports v Caldecote 'A'

20 Co-Op Sports (Saturday) v Westoning Reserves

21 Potton Town v Stopsley Baptist Church

22 Eastcotts A.F.C. v Dunton 'A'

23 Goldington v Dinamo Flitwick

24 Clifton v Stopsley Park

25 Kempston Athletic v M & D.H. Oakley

First Round Byes

A.F.C. Turvey

Farley Boys Reserves

Goldington Hammers

Ickwell & Old Warden Reserves

Riseley Sports

Square Rangers

Sundon Park Rangers (Saturday)

Second Round (Saturday 29 October, 2.30pm)

26 Winner of Match 13 v Ickwell & Old Warden Reserves

27 Winner of Match 10 v Riseley Sports

28 Sundon Park Rangers (Saturday) v Winner of Match 21

29 Square Rangers v Winner of Match 8

30 Winner of Match 11 v Farley Boys Reserves

31 A.F.C. Turvey v Winner of Match 4

32 Goldington Hammers v Winner of Match 25

33 Winner of Match 14 v Winner of Match 20

34 Winner of Match 18 v Winner of Match 6

35 Winner of Match 23 v Winner of Match 19

36 Winner of Match 16 v Winner of Match 9

37 Winner of Match 1 v Winner of Match 22

38 Winner of Match 2 v Winner of Match 7

39 Winner of Match 24 v Winner of Match 12

40 Winner of Match 15 v Winner of Match 3

41 Winner of Match 5 v Winner of Match 17

Third Round

To be played on Saturday 3 December

Quarter Finals

To be played on Saturday 21 January

Semi Finals

To be played on Saturday 3 March

I wonder if Christians In Sport (Luton) Reserves were to meet Stopsley Baptist Church there would be a Macclesfield Town v Wycombe Wanderers style brawl during the proceedings

I wonder if Christians In Sport (Luton) Reserves were to meet Stopsley Baptist Church there would be a Macclesfield Town v Wycombe Wanderers style brawl during the proceedings

Who would get a mauling if London Lions met London Tigers? :smilewinkgrin:

More importantly how would you have handled that Macclesfield v Wycombe Wanderers game as an Assistant, I bet you would have meekly remained on the far side of the pitch!

Edited by NeutralFan
Note - A lot of time I might not have let this through but it really made me laugh. Made me think of Rhodes meeting the Ampthill Mob

More importantly how would you have handled that Macclesfield v Wycombe Wanderers game as an Assistant, I bet you would have meekly remained on the far side of the pitch!

Whether I would be in front of the benches or the opposite side would still be better than you who would fail to make it past the entrance.

Well I wouldn't be banned from The Moss Rose would I. What about when Kentish Town played Stony Stratford Town in 2007/2008 when you literally hid yourself away on the far side of the pitch like a startled rabbit caught in the headlights!

Says the snide who is too scared to go to a match these days. Tell us Cliffy how a couple of kids can see you off the premises.

Well I wouldn't be banned from The Moss Rose would I. What about when Kentish Town played Stony Stratford Town in 2007/2008 when you literally hid yourself away on the far side of the pitch like a startled rabbit caught in the headlights!

I was where the Referee instructed me to be and I quite enjoyed the game.

At least I'm always welcome back to the Copthall Stadium.

Are you?

At least I'm always welcome back to the Copthall Stadium

That is obviously because Tommy Kanaris is no longer with the Club, if he was still at Kentish Town you wouldn't be able to go anywhere near the Copthall Stadium after you controversially sent him off during a match at Market Road

That is obviously because Tommy Kanaris is no longer with the Club, if he was still at Kentish Town you wouldn't be able to go anywhere near the Copthall Stadium after you controversially sent him off during a match at Market Road

Mr Kanaris and I have crossed paths on many occasions since and there has never been a problem.

Answer the question Rhodes.....are you welcome at the Copthall Stadium?

Answer the question Rhodes.....are you welcome at the Copthall Stadium?

Judging from my short time here on this forum I would guess that would be another question that Rhodes chooses to ignore.

Mr Kanaris and I have crossed paths on many occasions since and there has never been a problem.

Yes but you run scared of Tommy everytime your paths cross don't you and shake like a leaf, that was why you Officiated on the far side of the pitch during that infamous Kentish Town v Stony Stratford Town game as he was sat in the dug out, you must have checked the team sheet in the dressing room beforehand and seen he was on the bench

Yes but you run scared of Tommy everytime your paths cross don't you and shake like a leaf, that was why you Officiated on the far side of the pitch during that infamous Kentish Town v Stony Stratford Town game as he was sat in the dug out, you must have checked the team sheet in the dressing room beforehand and seen he was on the bench

coffee%20%282%29.gif

coffee%20%282%29.gif

I've hit the nail bang on the head haven't I, you saw the team sheet before the proceedings that afternoon and asked the Referee whether you could assist him from the far side of the pitch knowing that the dug outs are on the stand side at the Copthall Stadium.

Where will you be hiding Rhodes on Sat 20th August when Tokynton entertain Ampthill?

Where will you be hiding Rhodes on Sat 20th August when Tokynton entertain Ampthill?

I'm not an Official though am I, this is the first time in nearly fifty years of watching football that I have ever come across an Assistant requesting to Officiate on a particular side of the pitch

• 2 months later...

I assume the ties involving Cranfield United and The 61 FC are taking place on Saturday as they don’t seem to appear on Football Mitoo:

Second Round ties (Saturday 29 October at 2.30pm unless stated)

Marsh Leys v Ickwell & Old Warden Reserves

Elstow Abbey v Riseley Sports

Sundon Park Rangers (Saturday) v Potton Town

Square Rangers v Sundon Park Rangers Colts

Royal Oak (Kempston) v Farley Boys Reserves

A.F.C. Turvey v Shefford Town & Campton Reserves

Goldington Hammers v M & D.H Oakley

Flitwick Town Reserves v Co-Op Sports (Saturday)

Cranfield United Reserves v Renhold Village

Goldington v Kempston Hammers Sports

Queens Park Crescents v Dinamo Flitwick Reserves

Potton United Reserves v Eastcotts AFC (26 October, 7.45pm)

Thurleigh v St. Josephs (Saturday)

Stopsley Park v Shefford Town & Campton ‘A’

Wilshamstead Reserves v Bedford Park Rangers

The 61 FC Reserves v Co-Op Sports (Saturday) Reserves

http://www.bedfordshirefa.com/FixturesAndResults/CountyCups/JuniorChallengeCup/?js=1&tab=fixtures

There's an informative preview of Saturday's ties on the Bedfordshire County League website as follows:

For the majority of the lower division sides the centre of attention this weekend falls upon

action in the second round of The Bedfordshire FA Junior Cup, 11 of the ties being all

Bedfordshire County Football League affairs. In those ties there are seven opportunities for a

spot of giant-killing, the best chance perhaps falling to division four Bedford Park Rangers

who journey to Jubilee Playing Fields to take on division three hosts Wilshamstead Reserves.

In the other five ties, four division two sides have the luxury of home advantage against lower

division opposition. At The Warren, Elstow Abbey receive a visit from division three Riseley

Sports. Whilst Sundon Park Rangers play hosts in Stockwood Park to another division three

side Potton Town.

Elsewhere, for Queens Park Crecents, its home Mowsbury Park action against division four

Dinamo Flitwick and Stopsley Park go into Luton Regional Sports Centre battle against

division four travellers Shefford Town & Campton A.

However, two other division two sides will be hitting the road, M & DH Oakley to Hillgrounds

for a meeting with division four Goldington Hammers and Co-op Sports journey to Steppingley

Road to be hosted by division three Flitwick Town Reserves.

Amongst the other four all Bedfordshire County Football League clashes we find perhaps the

tie of the day when at Crawley Road, Cranfield United Reserves host Renhold Village looking

to repeat their division three league victory over The Villagers of earlier this month. Whilst at

Cutler Hammer, the all division four meeting between hosts Marsh Leys and Ickwell & Old

Warden Reserves could go either way.

Meanwhile over at Stonefields, you would expect hosts AFC Turvey to make home advantage

pay when Shefford Town & Campton Reserves come calling in an all division two clash, a

comment that also applies to Goldington when they go into Mowsbury Park action against

Kempston Hammers Sports in an all division three clash.

The remaining three Bedfordshire County Football League sides facing ties against opposition

from The Luton District & South Beds League. Over at Keysoe Road, Thurleigh play hosts to

St Joseph Reserves; in Hillgrounds, Royal Oak Kempston receive a visit from Farley Boys

Reserves and Sundon Park Colts hit the road for a meeting with Square Rangers.