Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cycling Shorts

Ace1

I know this is only week one but one issue still winds me up. Why do referee's insist on the colour of cycling shorts???

Before I get every referee on here quoting the Laws of the Game (Page 18, Law 4, Players Equipment, Basic Equipment, Shorts, If undershorts are worn they must be of the same main colour as the shorts - Homework Krooner!).

Why isn't common sense applied here. Referee's seem to use their common sense and personal judgement on every other decision during the game but this issue seems to be an easy target, and one they cannot get wrong!, so it is applied with vigour!!!

I cannot understand why this is a law? I cannot recall when the last time I saw the upperpart of the leg score a goal or effect a referee's decision by clouding his/her judgement!?!?! I may be wrong and week in week out referee's are having sleepless nights over the colour of cycling shorts???

I would be interested if other players/mangement have the same feelings or if any referee's could explain why this is a major issue on match day?

Easy answer Ace1. Orders from upon high. Especially in CCL Prem games if an assessor sees a player with different colour undershorts to shorts on it could cost the referee upto 2.5 marks on his total.

For me utter nonsense.

Most referees would agree that it is a nonsense Law but I am afraid it is one they must enforce.

Players may wear undershorts of a different colour as long as they are not constantly showing below his shorts

Players may wear undershorts of a different colour as long as they are not constantly showing below his shorts

Footy Mad, Is this guidance given to officials? Or your own opinion?

It is what we have been told.

We are not allowed to ask players to lift their shorts when equipment is being inspected so that we can check for undershorts.

If they show occasionally during a challenge and they are of a different colour then it should be ignored.

If they are constantly visible while a player is running then he should be asked to leave the field of play (pitch) to have them removed

not messing around hear but i wear boxer shorts and very often bright pink, yellow or green boxer shorts, and being that my legs are so short they do show quite often when going in for sliding tackles or when im having a fiddle. Is this against the rules too? (and i dont mean the fiddling bit cos its just habit)

and dont get me started on the wedding ring business! Luckily my ring only comes off at weekends when sloping off to the Piano bar in Guildford!! wink.gif

Sorry FM only if you dont deal with them is what I meant.

JJ been done to death over Jewellery mate. IMHO the laws should state that it is the clubs responsibility for what players wear in terms of boots and weddings rings.

So JJ I never coment on BTK's boxer shorts.

FWIW I think that as long as the bloody things dont match the other teams kits then so what !!!! Same as keepers having different tops !! Messing for messing sake.

Plenty wrong with the laws that could do with sorting out.

It was interesting in the Lammas Hartley game, both goalkeepers wore Green.

Just back from referees meeting, where the training officer confirmed law amendment for this season in respect of players kit. It is confirmed that undershorts and tights, if worn, must be same as primary colour as players shorts. The question was asked, what about players who wear skin coloured or black tights. The answer remains that undershorts & tights must be same as primary colour of shorts. A referee who is 'in the system' and receiving assessments is expected to enforce this. If not, will be docked marks. In reality, I expect officials at CCFL level to enforce the law, but I imagine referees doing park games will turn a blind eye.

Please dont shout at match officials. These are FIFA decisions that relate to ALL of football. As if there is not enough all ready to think about!

MM, I appreciate your feedback on this topic however; can we not use this forum to try and pass the message on via people like yourself and possibly Krooner to feed this back to County FA's so that this can then be passed onto The FA, UEFA & then FIFA. There are many laws in the game that are irrelevant or dam right stupid and these will remain as laws unless we pass on our opinions and this forum could possibly be the first step from people on the coal face to the powers that be who apparently run our game!!!?

MM, I appreciate your feedback on this topic however; can we not use this forum to try and pass the message on via people like yourself and possibly Krooner to feed this back to County FA's so that this can then be passed onto The FA, UEFA & then FIFA. There are many laws in the game that are irrelevant or dam right stupid and these will remain as laws unless we pass on our opinions and this forum could possibly be the first step from people on the coal face to the powers that be who apparently run our game!!!?

Which laws do you think are irrelevant and stupid, and why?

our gk sat had to borrow a farleigh gk top as they both had same ref wouldnt allow both in same colour..........................what does this matter???

im colour blind .........please do not take the piss out of my disability ........it hurts ..........i also now realise why i keep passing to the other team lol