Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RESERVE SIDES IN DIV ONE

How is it on Planet Rhodes right now?

Sjj2112 - Don't you believe my theory then, Mr Angry also gave the game away when he disclosed that Stony Stratford Town were approached first but they didn't give 'the takeover bid' the time of day

Rhodes.....you are a legend, you try so hard to get a bite by making up absolute b*****ks, but I admire you for trying

Ref Off Ref - So why did you say 'okay not the original Chairman and Secretary’, what difference would that have made out of interest if they had joined Ampthill Town this season in those respective roles

Rhodes.....you are a legend, you try so hard to get a bite by making up absolute b*****ks, but I admire you for trying

Ref Off Ref - So why did you say 'okay not the original Chairman and Secretary’, what difference would that have made out of interest if they had joined Ampthill Town this season in those respective roles

Sorry Rhodes, dying to bite but the teeth are in the jar for the night haha

Ref Off Ref - That says it all, why don't you just hold up your hands and admit that you and Mr Angry put your size nines in it and gave your little game away, namely that you were looking for a vehicle for Padbury United to progress in all but name when the Club went belly up admitedly through no real falt of their own due to Buckingham Town losing Ford Meadow.

Ref Off Ref - That says it all, why don't you just hold up your hands and admit that you and Mr Angry put your size nines in it and gave your little game away, namely that you were looking for a vehicle for Padbury United to progress in all but name when the Club went belly up admitedly through no real falt of their own due to Buckingham Town losing Ford Meadow.

Would love to hold my hands up and admit you are spot on.....but you've taken a wrong turn somewhere Rhodes coz you're miles off the mark.....again

Ref Off Ref - What got me though, and I'm sure everyone else on here, was why Padbury United didn't just remain in Division 2 this season and play at their spiritual home Springfields until the Club could regroup and find a suitable groundshare with floodlights, at least that way you would have kept the name rather than simply disbanding the Club altogether

Its all gone quiet over there, its all gone quiet over there, its all gone quiet, its all gone quiet, its all gone quiet over there

Ref Off Ref - What got me though, and I'm sure everyone else on here, was why Padbury United didn't just remain in Division 2 this season and play at their spiritual home Springfields until the Club could regroup and find a suitable groundshare with floodlights, at least that way you would have kept the name rather than simply disbanding the Club altogether

Don't lose too much sleep worrying about it Rhodes, in time you'll get over it.

In my opinion and what its worth.

Ampthill need to build a club structure. Because a club should be able to sustain its self if any manager leaves. Have Ampthill got a good structure? Who knows?

To be honest if there manager leaves like he did when he left Padbury I don’t think Ampthill could survive losing all them players. he has a good set of players that like playing for him.

I hear a lot of chat about the Ampthill manager maybe joining Stony next season ? it all depends on how it goes as Ampthill.

Stony may not even be in Div 1 next season the way they are going. Does anyone know there manager?

how many clubs have folded just because the manager left ? y did padbury not just go and get another manager ? how many managers have left clubs this season and not folded ? would you like phill smiths number so you can ask him the above Q as i am not sure anyone else can answer it .

Don't lose too much sleep worrying about it Rhodes, in time you'll get over it.

You haven't answered though, don't you feel any guilt that Padbury United were just allowed to die like that when everything in the garden was rosy at the Club before you became involved

Bicknall - If you read my post im not saying Ampthill Town will fold or Padbury will fold. What I am saying is if clubs dont put a structure In place when managers leave and take all the players with them the can not compete and end up struggling at the bottom of the league the next season. For example When New Bradwell manager Andy Milne Left for MK City and all the players followed him Bradwell the next season got relegated because there was no structure and all the focus was on one team.

A club structure is more important than anything as a club will be able to survive and compete if the manager leaves and takes all the players. You have had a lot of players follow you to Ampthill because they like you and the way you manage but if Padbury had a proper structure they would have had good players coming through to play in there places but padbury had to start from scratch and drop in to a local league?

Now if you leave Ampthill next season and all the players leave with you have Ampthill go a good structure to there club to handle that? Im not saying you will leave just using as an example.

Its ok for the first team to be flying but the roots of the club need to be right for long term sucess.

i am also of to watch them tomorrow

Is that at Dunton in the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy

That's strange as the fixture is still showing on Football Mitoo