Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RESERVE SIDES IN DIV ONE

No games can be postponed unless it has Rhodes backing.....so he'd have you believe.

And your earlier post Rhodes, so you are saying everything in the Padbury garden was rosy, I turn up and as a result they lose their ground and then their identity....haha, I can't wait to buy tickets to your one man comedy show

we had a county cup game against dunton fc . they rang on wednesday and said they wont be able to field a side lol.

That's the Bedfordshire County League Premier Division for you, a League Southill Alexander were 'Lording it' in up until recently prior to their demise

We had a lovely time lording it Cliffy. Prawn sandwiches all the way us. Yum Yum Yummy.

Which club are you slumming it at these days Rhodesy? Been killing off a rainforest photocopying other clubs programmes to include in your epic OK and Hello magazine extravaganzas?

We had a lovely time lording it Cliffy. Prawn sandwiches all the way us. Yum Yum Yummy.

Loosely - Yes, exactly, and where did it get you!

everything in the Padbury garden was rosy, I turn up and as a result they lose their ground and then their identity....

Ref Off Ref - You said it not me, it wasn't only you though to be fair

Loosely - Yes, exactly, and where did it get you!

Full of prawn sandwiches Rhodesy. Very nice too you must try some.

Ref off Ref it's time for you to come clean. We all know that you were part of a secret group of people determined to take Padbury on a crusade to take over every club in the SSML in your naked desire for promotion to the Premiership. We all know that you were prepared to do anything it took even if it meant stealing kids sweets or buggering horses/donkeys or even possibly the odd endangered species if you thought it would help you. It wouldn't be so bad but it didn't end there, Rhodes has let the cat out of the bag and told us that it was in fact his plan, that you all used him to develop the strategy and write the constitution of your secret cabal but dumped him when his crimes against domestic animals were about to be revealed by the press but no, your groups greed to take over the World Bank and the United Nations in your plan to control the world's money supply is now exposed and that you were the group's heinous leader.

Coming clean now will go some way towards your eventual redemption but please note that Rhodes will never forget, that he will remind you of your faults whenever you dare show your face on here again. Shame on you.

My only shame was the donkey was a transvestite.....

News to me that Eastside Urchin had been doing Panto last Xmas.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to drag this up again (but I'm gonna!)

I see St. Albans Res won 11-0 over Sun Postal last night.

Now I gather Sun Postal aren't the best side in the world, but 5 of the 6 St. Albans scorers - Ehui, Haworth, Haisley, Haule and Bakare (who scored 6!) - are very experienced first team regulars, suggesting it was a very strong team put out by the Saints last night.

Is that really fair on the rest of the league or Sun Postal?

Sounds to me like a reaction to St Albans' 1st XI being dumped out of the FA Trophy at home by Ashford Town (Mddx) on Saturday but to play that many first team regulars doesn't seem in the right spirit. I don't know if it would ever happen with Chesham in those circumstances but to date we've played 18 league games plus a couple of cup matches and have only had about half a dozen individual appearances by players who might be classed as regular starters for the Southern League side, basically players returning from injury / suspension or needing a game after having signed. A few of the Spartan side have featured in the Southern League squad but that's because they've worked their way up rather than the other way round. Guess it's open to debate - we were delighted to be accepted into the league and it's been great for our youngsters developing their game but I can see why people would resent it if there are many situations where a whole raft of Southern League players get dropped in. Can't do much for the spirit of those Spartan regulars who have to make way either.

Definitely think the league need to look at this. Not sure what the solution is but it seems something needs to be done.

My suggestion would be a cap on the number of match day players allowed to play Spartan league football for their reserve side, who have played x amount of games at a certain higher level during the current season. You can't ban it all together as these sides still need to use their reserve sides for players coming back from injury or who may need 90 minutes but I would personally cap it at 2 players for a match day squad. This would only apply to reserve sides whose first team play at least two levels higher.

Thoughts?

Interesting ideas, very difficult to police without a central IT system. I'd up it to 4 players though. What about dual signed players? Would you want the restrictions imposed on them as well?