Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RESERVE SIDES IN DIV ONE

I would say up to 3 or 4 sides would be a good thing for Div 1. I've played against Chesham the last couple of years in the Suburban League & they always played good football. Decent pitch over there too (would say on a par with Harefield)

In the past we've had Bedford Town & Cheshunt come & go, both have been competitive teams and finished mid table most seasons.

Facilities will be graded for Step 4 or above, so as a player would you rather go to a former Conference ground such as Clarence Park or Stony Stratford?

Funny how this "debate" suddenly surfaces following defeat to St Albans & Chesham in their last 2 league games :D

If they have decent facilities and play good football then that's a plus.

The downside is their progression is down to what their first team achieves, or vice-versa, didn't we lose Cheshunt Reserves because their first team got relegated that particular season meaning the Reserves couldn't fulfil their obligation in the SSML Division One the following season?

@TringArmy whoever write the Hoddy report always have a gripe when they lose. However better than most clubs as those that lose dont even bother writing match reports. Back to topic I think its good more competitive leagues, better facilities, also played v Chesham for Berko in the Surburban last year lovely surface great to play. Hoddy can complain but this a club that have visions of Ryman football in 2 years :wacko: and also have to share with a cricket club but unless they move no chance of Ryman football. Got to try and win Div 1 first and that is not going to happen this year either

Here are the comments from the Report. Still disagree at all levels you have team who cannot go up for various reasons. The quote "clubs that hold hopes of getting into the Premier Division" I still hold my prediction that Hoddesdon have no hope this year of going up. They have a good team but some teams have vastly superior squads, to have any chance of gaining promotion from Step 4, 5, 6, 7 you have to start well. Slow starts are difficult to peg back

"The final whistle brought to an end what was a very scrappy game, which was shame bearing in mind the crowd at Lowfield on the day was close on the one-hundred mark. The result kept St. Albans Reserves fifth in the table but pushed the Lilywhites down to seventeenth, albeit with games in hand, and the debate regarding the inclusion of Reserve sides in Division One rages on. Neither of the Reserve sides currently in Division One can be promoted, but between them they have already taken thirty-three points off some of the twenty clubs that hold hopes of getting into the Premier Division. Both those sides with the points they take"

I'd like to see them promoted, still feel a bit responsible for them being in Div 1... only a very little bit mind you!

I'd like to see them promoted, still feel a bit responsible for them being in Div 1... only a very little bit mind you!

NF dont talk crap.....you were sent down from St Mags on a Harry Redknapp type mission to get them relegated! haha

.............. let's continue the debate, what about groundshares? With three in Div One this season isn't this unfair on the Clubs who have invested in their own facilities?

No....its the future of non league football

Edited by BUFC

Ref Off Ref – It’s as plain as night follows day that Craig Bicknell, Mr Angry and yourself have no affinity whatsoever with Ampthill Town and are just using the Club as a vehicle to do things your way and ‘tout’ your own players such as your lad for example when he is fit again. You gave the game away when you said you would have got rid of the Chairman and Secretary if you could have done to bring in your own men who would have no doubt given you a free rein to do as you pleased