Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League Cup Results

Basil-Don

He was at bowers back in August so he only played once v manor.there are as many chances as Cavani going to Arsenal...Manor is not a step forward actually is one backwards.lol Of the four you mentioned I would only take Baldwin but he is injured so ...Anyway good try but your e-mail unfortunately has been binned.Actually sort out that defence in the transfer market or you won't even finish top five.lol I didn't know you had 46 points and rememBer to take those decorations off after Christmas.Say hello to Paterson I heard he had a good night at Mayhem the other week...

Honestly cannot believe you guys comment on such meaningless drivel all the time, The ESL is step 5 and there are some good players in it but the standard of the football is a shambles. You have players who are good in the ESL who are poor in the EOFL and whoever said that the boys value sunday football more than ESL was probably right. Gillam legend ha ha hardly was a great player 4/5 years ago when he was at kelvedon Hatch but he has never been that good since then and would not get in sides in the EOFL as I know that for a fact he phoned certain managers in that league when leaving Bowers and they never wanted him. Just get over the fact that it is Step 5. I still maintain that the best 11 players in EOFL on a good surface would beat ESL. On a mud heap ESL would win what does that tell you??

The Olympian league may have good players in it but they are players with no ambition whatsoever.Its ok playing for the fun of it but you are not testing yourself.EOFL Is park football,nothing more,yes it may be competitive but the league system means nothing if no one ever comes up out of it (or very few).Seems to me it is full of players who think they are good without wanting to bother playing in competitive leagues and cups.Perhaps they seem better players as they are playing without any pressure

Honestly cannot believe you guys comment on such meaningless drivel all the time, The ESL is step 5 and there are some good players in it but the standard of the football is a shambles. You have players who are good in the ESL who are poor in the EOFL and whoever said that the boys value sunday football more than ESL was probably right. Gillam legend ha ha hardly was a great player 4/5 years ago when he was at kelvedon Hatch but he has never been that good since then and would not get in sides in the EOFL as I know that for a fact he phoned certain managers in that league when leaving Bowers and they never wanted him. Just get over the fact that it is Step 5. I still maintain that the best 11 players in EOFL on a good surface would beat ESL. On a mud heap ESL would win what does that tell you??

The Olympian league may have good players in it but they are players with no ambition whatsoever.Its ok playing for the fun of it but you are not testing yourself.EOFL Is park football,nothing more,yes it may be competitive but the league system means nothing if no one ever comes up out of it (or very few).Seems to me it is full of players who think they are good without wanting to bother playing in competitive leagues and cups.Perhaps they seem better players as they are playing without any pressure

Quite right Eastside, and all the above points apply to Gillam if, as Coachie says, he has offers to move up the ladder

How many times has the difference between the ESL and EOL been discussed - It's boring.

At the end of the day the ESL is the higher standard a tougher league and therefore the better league, you can't argue it's in black and white.

However, it depends on what you think makes a good player or an effective player. ESL players are more effective, that doesn't mean they are technically better.

I have played with loads of good / effective ESL players over the years that wouldn't get anywhere near the top EOL sides.

A good ESL player will give you 100% effort 3 times a week, and be consistantly consistant thats the only difference not the ability of player.

Plus the biggest factor is playing for enjoyment, ESL managers and players are under pressure and it is therefore a results business - They would rather play [censored] and win and who can blame them...!!

The EOL is about 'trying' to play football and is therefore more enjoyable to play and watch.

Basically, who cares anyway, if your a proper footballer you play Ryman football end of story...!!

There are certainly players in the EOL good enough to play in the ESL and teams in the EOL better run than some ESL teams but my argument is always the same-right get some floodlights, buy your own ground and put your money where your mouth is.

Sorry there are no players in the ESL who would cope in the Ryman Premier the gulf between the Leagues is massive.

During my three years in the ESL i've probably had over 100 players and their dads tell me: 'my sons turned down £50 a week at Bowers to play for your club" players play for clubs to suit them whatever the reasons,very,very few of them will turn down a pound note.

Money is also another funny subject as some people on here seem to think it makes a massive difference. Don't get me wrong, 'proper' money makes a difference but a budget that allows the starting 11 to get £20 a week is more of a negative than a positive.

I would never have moved clubs for £20 a week and most of the players I played with wouldn't have either. The players that will move for that money are not really the type of players you want to attract any how, let alone have a dressing room full of them.

Southend Manor have the right idea, rather than pay some players £20 / £10 a week it goes in a kitty and pays for what is usually a quality end of season jolly up......no arguments, no moaning, just a common end of season goal.!

The Olympian League needs to pull it's socks up.Clubs should be able to gain promotion every year,doesn't happen.

There are leagues/clubs all around the country at the same level with grounds that could pass for ESL standard,some are ryman prem standard.For the clubs in the Olympian top division,if they can't provide a ground good enough to gain promotion either sort the ground out or get out of the league and let someone else have a chance.It's no good harping on about having quality players if you ain't going nowhere and groundsharing with other clubs shouldn't be an option either.If clubs haven't got the money,it's unfortunate but perhaps they should revert to Sunday league football.

So EU what about those already in the ESL who groundshare ,or that matter above the ESL? Surely, it is not right that they retain that status when they dont have a ground of their own. Particularly , when there are a number of clubs in the EOL who are trying to pull finance to progress. A look at the EOL Premier indicates that a number of new clubs have progressed on the field and I am sure some of these will want to move up and will do so over the next few years. In my opinion the EOL and ESL are struggling this year I have seen a few games in both and I really think the standard has dropped across the board. Some EOL followers seem to think that the league play pretty football not the case in the games I have watched . All hoof and a little skill. In fact no different to the ESL games I have seen.

Groundsharing should only happen when a club has no option.It shouldn't be allowed simply to allow a club to move up to the next league.

If a club already has their own ground they should get this upto a level required,if they can't then 99% of the time this will be because of finances,unfortunately if the finances aren't there then the club needs to think about it's future.If a club in the EOL is already groundsharing then the same should apply with regards to upgrading the ground to meet the criteria.I am not against groundshare per say,but against clubs with their own grounds taking the easy option of moving to another clubs ground to step up the ladder.

I will however say,that EOL Clubs who struggle to meet ESL ground regulations should be given time,maybe a year once promoted to get the ground up to scratch but the basics ie floodlights,changing rooms,safe spectator viewing should be in place beforehand

EU I disagree with you on one point - after being given one year to find an alternative home venue a club in a Step 6 or above League ,should not be allowed to compete at that level if they groundshare . Eton Manor being an example of a club who have hopped all over the place in recent years. I know for a fact that at least three sides in the EOL are in the final stages of receiving funding to develop their own grounds to Step 5 criteria. The problem they then face is getting into a position to get promotion.