Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League Cup Results

Basil-Don

Basildon 3 Clapton 1- some reward for all of the managers hard work these last three weeks.

Hullbridge 0 Burnham 3- Hullbridge seem to be losing all their early season form these last few weeks.

Basildon v Burnham in quarters.

Nice one Rich.

Thanks gents-first home win of the season.got to ground yesterday at 2 decided that i had to do something to end the home jinx,after 5 years of having away changing rooms painted with pink emulsion i decided that they needed to be re painted,out came the magnolia and i also urinated on each four corner flags to lift the curse, 8 hours later we have our first home win of the season !!!

Thanks gents-first home win of the season.got to ground yesterday at 2 decided that i had to do something to end the home jinx,after 5 years of having away changing rooms painted with pink emulsion i decided that they needed to be re painted,out came the magnolia and i also urinated on each four corner flags to lift the curse, 8 hours later we have our first home win of the season !!!

Mate, you should bottle your p1ss, I can think of a few other clubs that might be in need of it.

Edited by Hookey

• 1 month later...
yeah thats right,the eight matches before the change their record was W 5 D 2 L 1, since the change W 1 D 3 L 4-oops !!

Basildon with larke won 3 draw 4 lost 10 for 22 against 41.basildon without larke won 1 draw 1 lost 10 for 12 against 37.i noticed a great improvement.who we are gonna make a scapegoat now? The pope? Lol

yeah good point.

you see Rich...

Woodsy promised to bring players from Ryman teams and all that but nothing materialized and results showed it's getting worse.Only statistics anyway but usually don't lie.

3-0 against witham is hardly a disgrace given time Chris will turn things around.

Larke has brought 4 basildon players that played against you in a bridge 3-1 away win at the hive.he could have kept them because in my opinion the ones that brought in ain't better than them 4.Only an opinion anyway...

Coachie lets be honest whether its hullbridge,bowers or basildon all 3 are miles off the standard of enfield,witham and southend manor,all three teams contain players who swap clubs on a almost weekly basis,most players at these clubs feel more loyalty to their suinday teams than their senior saturday club and the managers are silly enough to be messed about by the players,the players have to have tracksuits they have to have this and that,the players are doing the club a favour by playing,no fck them let them go and play olympian football and pay subs.

I can barely remember an Hullbridge player going to Basildon.We swapped them with Southend Manor(we had Wheatstone,Stanley,Baker,Webster,Read and so on)but can't remember anyone going to Basildon.

a few have played for both clubs in recent years maybe dan barrington came from hullbridge?? in fact graham poole played for hullbridge before joining us the following season,merchant,bocking,landers a few joined up at the start of last season i believe,in the past three years ive signed certain players 3 or 4 times,how many players at Basildon,Bowers or Hullbridge ever get to make 100 appearances,even worse for bowers as they have a wage bill so you might expect they would hang around for awhile.

a few have played for both clubs in recent years maybe dan barrington came from hullbridge?? in fact graham poole played for hullbridge before joining us the following season,merchant,bocking,landers a few joined up at the start of last season i believe,in the past three years ive signed certain players 3 or 4 times,how many players at Basildon,Bowers or Hullbridge ever get to make 100 appearances,even worse for bowers as they have a wage bill so you might expect they would hang around for awhile.

I had seven that played 100 games for me and one more than two hundred(Paterson,Hepburn,Phillips,brown,Oakley,lane,hodgson on and Daves on 200.)Just ask them they still have their hullbridge medals.when I came to Hullbridge in February 2006 we managed 20 points in the last 10 games lifting them 3 positions off the bottom.proof of it it's in Wikipedia.lol

Bowers budget? Word is they were outbid for keeper Steve Brown from Barkingside. So it's Hullbridge with the budget!

Ha ha ha if Hullbridge had a budget you would have to hand us that title in August!he is enjoying his football again and to mehe is best young gk locally that I have seen recently.