Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Vs Burnham

Been in that visitors changing room twice it's not great......... Might take a point tomorrow but I have a funny feeling we are gonna nick it 2-1........... Clap, clap from me and will try and drag Ryan along :rolleyes:

Hmmm Jack Frost appears to be about and Kempton are inspecting for the 3rd time at 1100hrs :mellow:

Was down the club at 9:15, pitch was completely white, now clear apart from three or four areas in shade from the stands on the clubhouse side, can't see any problem with the game going ahead.

SBF

Kempton on and "Jack" has gone away apart from shaded areas on my lawn.....

Another disappointing result (and a soporifc first 30 minutes of the second half) against a decidedly average side, who moaned and shouted for everything and were sadly aided by an appalling referee and lino on the covered terrace side who helped put the 'turd' in Saturday..

A couple of Burnham's players got away with persistent infringement throughtout the game and didn't get booked, but Kiri got two yellow cards, the second one a daft one for kicking the ball away but how he got booked the first time and yet no Burnham player got booked all game beats me. The ref didn't even give a foul when Kiri was blatantly shoved almost into the wall by the Burnham 9. That was dangerous foul play, and the ref gave nothing. I hope the assessor tears him to shreds.

As for the game, we didn't deserve any more than a point. We started terribly and didn't get going until after about ten minutes, by which time we were already behind to a fourth minute rocket of a free kick from 25 yards. For much of the game we seemed to play an 8-0-2 formation, incredibly deep and launching the ball to our forwards who had very little support. Having said that, one such move led to our 18th minute equaliser - some superb play by Dan, who fizzed a lovely right wing cross into the box for Kofi to tuck home.

Like one or two others, I'd have liked us to keep the ball on the deck more, as Burnham had a couple of tall lads and won a huge amount of the aerial balls, but when we attacked down the flanks we showed purpose and no shortage of skill. Indeed, there were some nice touches in the match. A point's better than nothing, but we really need to break this win drought at home.

The overriding feature of the game for me was the vivid clash of kits. With Burnham turning up in red and yellow halved shirts and red shorts and socks, when combined with our tangerine and white kit it made me hungry for fruit salad with cream! I also thought the keepers were meant to wear different coloured jerseys? Another black mark for the ref.

Well, well my weather worries were not that far off the mark then as we have actually moved 2 places up the table due to Chertsey's game at AFC Hayes along with Barton Rovers home match together with the games at Daventry, Fleet and Marlow all being postponed...

As for our match, poor, very, very poor......

The free kick went straight through the wall and straight over Macca in the middle of the goal..........

We got a fine equaliser when Kofi attacked the near post to tuck away Dan's smart low cross......

Kiri talked back to the referee when a free kick didn't go his way and I was only saying to Dave behind the goal "Don't kick the ball away it will waste our time and get you sent off" Out came the red card

Far too many long ball pumped up the middle which their number 4 won 100% I can't recall us getting on the end of one of them....

We pressed for the last 10 mins haven ridden out some mid-second half pressure where Burnham had several corners and forced a great save from Macca that he clawed around the post....

With 5 mins left we nearly nicked it, Dan was played through tucked the ball under the advancing keeper and shouted "yes" I then shouted "yes" as well a split second after and the ball bounced of the base of the near hand post into the middled of the six yard box and was cleared to safety...

See you all in 2 weeks following my Christmas in Worthing on 21st - 22nd Jan, season greetings to everyone for next week :lol:

Interesting to see how Burgo will shape the team. With Alex and Kofi now at the club, and both settling in nicely, will Jack and Pietro have to fight to get back into the first 11?

There was a sense of inevitablity about events yesterday. It had been mentioned earlier this week that we were top of the divisional fair play table and Kiri had been ever present this season. Cue a sending off and a ban which will end Kiri's run. :wacko:

Edited by Swifty

Burnham are a difficult side to play against, they have a game plan which works for them. They play with a lot of energy and endeavour, close down really quickly, which made it difficult for us to get our passing game together. Their defence is well organised, tall and they are no slouches on the deck either. Positives from the match were that our defence was very solid as well, Bairoh had a fine match and it was good to see us defending set pieces so well ( with the exception of the goal).

Sorry, guys but cant agree with comments about the ref. I thought that he got most of the decisions right, including the handball that led to their goal. If you put your arm above your head when defending you can only expect one outcome if the ball hits it!

It was a shame about Kiri getting sent off, he is an enthusiatic player who obviously loves the game, he just needs to calm down a bit.

I still think the Burnham 9 deserved a booking for nearly pushing Kiri into the wall. Let's not forget a Barton Rovers thug did exactly the same thing two years ago, resulting in Jones Awuah missing several weeks with two broken fingers.

Kiri probably got very feisty because two or three obvious fouls against him weren't given, but he is temperamental, it has to be said. Beano and I want to learn a bit of Japanese to see if he's telling the officials to go forth and multiply!

I thought the referee was inconsistent more than anything and would use the fact that he failed to book Knight (the Burnham 9) as an example of this. He had a quiet word with the forward not once but twice, and the second one should in my view, been a booking rather than a word of admonishment.

Also, is "simulation" not a cautionable offence? The 10 went down at least twice for no apparent reason (maybe his hamstring was giving him trouble from the kick-off?) but the worst offender was the 11 who lost control of the ball under pressure and proceeded to roll over 3 or 4 times in a fruitless search for a free-kick. There's one word for antics like that: cheating. Match officials need to stamp on it.

Kiri took some real punishment so was going to react eventually. If the ref had dealt with some of the fouling and play-acting from Burnham, maybe the dismissal might have been avoided. By the letter of the law, however, it was correct.

I still think the Burnham 9 deserved a booking for nearly pushing Kiri into the wall. Let's not forget a Barton Rovers thug did exactly the same thing two years ago, resulting in Jones Awuah missing several weeks with two broken fingers.

Kiri probably got very feisty because two or three obvious fouls against him weren't given, but he is temperamental, it has to be said. Beano and I want to learn a bit of Japanese to see if he's telling the officials to go forth and multiply!

I remember the Dave Clark 5 used to get hundreds of bookings.