Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 21st January (Fixtures and Results)

Other than saying the wind made the game crap he said Aston deserved to win and Totternhoe didn't turn up, implying Aston were much better as you have said.

He then caught the 2nd half of a different game where both teams had chances. Nothing mentioned about only seeing 2nd half of Aston game.

I obviously don't know what he did but he would have plenty of time to watch the whole of the Aston game and catch the second half of the Tring game as they kick off an hour later.

Winslow Boy I will do my upmost to get there but if the wife wants my attention sometimes I have to do as I'm told !!

Other than saying the wind made the game crap he said Aston deserved to win and Totternhoe didn't turn up, implying Aston were much better as you have said.

He then caught the 2nd half of a different game where both teams had chances. Nothing mentioned about only seeing 2nd half of Aston game.

I obviously don't know what he did but he would have plenty of time to watch the whole of the Aston game and catch the second half of the Tring game as they kick off an hour later.

Winslow Boy I will do my upmost to get there but if the wife wants my attention sometimes I have to do as I'm told !!

Hahahaha. Hopefully you get a day pass

Aston Clinton 3 Tottenhoe 0

Not the greatest of games to watch due to a strong wind. No disputing the result, we just didn't turn up.

Need to get myself back playing sharpish, fingers crossed for the start of February.

Had to then dash up the road to Athletic to drop something off and managed to see the last 25 mins or so vs Holmer Green. Both sides had chances to win what seemed a very open end to the game.

Tring Army surley you must have been watching anothe game. Aston Clinton tore Tottenhoe apart with some excellent football in the the 1st half. It should have been 3 or 4 at half time not just 1-0. If you only saw the second half then yes I can understand as Aston didnt live up to their 1st half showing.

Yes could quite easily been all over by half time. Your guy hit the post/bar when it was easier to score, one shot deflected inches wide and numerous wind assisted through balls caught us out at the back. We couldn't clear our lines & when we did, the ball didn't stick & came straight back. We were struggling to string 2 passes together and Kieron Schmidt was running the midfield. Had always thought he was one of Vales better players in the SSML Prem & has obviously been playing in the Southern League so far this season, so he should be standing out in Div 2! The 10 (I'm guessing was Woodfine) looked decent. Aston did play some good stuff and adapted better to the conditions.

In the second half, our wind assisted balls all seemed to run though & don't think we really tested your keeper all game. We got a lot of balls into the box but lacked the quality & in many cases had no one to aim for. I think both sides hit the big brown wall behind the bottom goal with shots more times than the target!

The 4-4 Winslow game is the only game I've not seen or played in this season & that 1st half has been our worst 45 mins so far. We seemed flat from the off, heads went down on the first goal & we never really recovered. Next up home to 61FC.

Saw all 90 mins at Aston and the last 25 or so mins at Athletic

Not the greatest of games to watch due to a strong wind. No disputing the result, we just didn't turn up.

Need to get myself back playing sharpish, fingers crossed for the start of February.

Had to then dash up the road to Athletic to drop something off and managed to see the last 25 mins or so vs Holmer Green. Both sides had chances to win what seemed a very open end to the game.

Tring Army surley you must have been watching anothe game. Aston Clinton tore Tottenhoe apart with some excellent football in the the 1st half. It should have been 3 or 4 at half time not just 1-0. If you only saw the second half then yes I can understand as Aston didnt live up to their 1st half showing.

Yes could quite easily been all over by half time. Your guy hit the post/bar when it was easier to score, one shot deflected inches wide and numerous wind assisted through balls caught us out at the back. We couldn't clear our lines & when we did, the ball didn't stick & came straight back. We were struggling to string 2 passes together and Kieron Schmidt was running the midfield. Had always thought he was one of Vales better players in the SSML Prem & has obviously been playing in the Southern League so far this season, so he should be standing out in Div 2! The 10 (I'm guessing was Woodfine) looked decent. Aston did play some good stuff and adapted better to the conditions.

In the second half, our wind assisted balls all seemed to run though & don't think we really tested your keeper all game. We got a lot of balls into the box but lacked the quality & in many cases had no one to aim for. I think both sides hit the big brown wall behind the bottom goal with shots more times than the target!

The 4-4 Winslow game is the only game I've not seen or played in this season & that 1st half has been our worst 45 mins so far. We seemed flat from the off, heads went down on the first goal & we never really recovered. Next up home to 61FC.

It will be interesting to see if Aston can keep Kieron as I'm sure there will be offers coming in for him from the Southern League but while he's there its always a plus. I actually thought our other centre midfielder was the better on the day as Kieron seemed to be trying a little to hard. I thought your striker Stefan wasn't his usual self a couple of flashes of skill and pace but that was it. He didnt seem that interested on the day. I am impressed with our young striker Ward hes kept our top goalscorer on the bench now for 3 weeks.

Edited by Grayday

It will be interesting to see if Aston can keep Kieron as I'm sure there will be offers coming in for him from the Southern League but while he's there its always a plus. I actually thought our other centre midfielder was the better on the day as Kieron seemed to be trying a little to hard. I thought your striker Stefan wasn't his usual self a couple of flashes of skill and pace but that was it. He didnt seem that interested on the day. I am impressed with our young striker Ward hes kept our top goalscorer on the bench now for 3 weeks.

Ward is decent defo, but won't he be back at uni soon. Always thought he did well for us. I hear Aylesbury have been trying to no avail to get hold of Schmidt.

Ward is decent defo, but won't he be back at uni soon. Always thought he did well for us. I hear Aylesbury have been trying to no avail to get hold of Schmidt.

Hello Winslow Boy the giant wasn't such a worry after all which was pleasing. Sam is happy to stay and play,coming back every weekend at the moment which is great because he has a hell of an engine. What's this I hear about one of your players leaving!! Grayday if you want a lift let me know.

Hello Winslow Boy the giant wasn't such a worry after all which was pleasing. Sam is happy to stay and play,coming back every weekend at the moment which is great because he has a hell of an engine. What's this I hear about one of your players leaving!! Grayday if you want a lift let me know.

Hahaha. Great result and performance by sound of it. Yeah Sam great engine pace and strength for young lad. Player leaving? Butler said to tell Woody he is going to kick him over the stand lol. Fingers crossed weather is ok so game can go on.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Some Division 1 reports from Saturday, I see Kentish Town took another heavy defeat:

Division 1

3-0 Welwyn Garden City v Kentish Town

A report from the Welwyn & Hatfield Times, it should have been five or six by all accounts:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/sport/football/citizens_triumph_over_kentish_town_1_1186275

Hahaha. Great result and performance by sound of it. Yeah Sam great engine pace and strength for young lad. Player leaving? Butler said to tell Woody he is going to kick him over the stand lol. Fingers crossed weather is ok so game can go on.

I passed the message on. I'm sure the game will be on, is it you idea to be playing games at 3 or the leagues?

I will do my upmost to get there but if the wife wants my attention sometimes I have to do as I'm told!!

That sounds a bit like Ref Off Ref's circumstances

is it you idea to be playing games at 3 or the leagues?

you not heard of floodlights Talc!

Yeah and obviously that's why we are kicking off at 3. But floodlights cost money, so going back to my question....

Think it's the clubs they prefer the 3pm. Gives people working the extra hour to get there etc... I always hated early kick offs never felt like proper football lol. Player left Max Brooks has gone to Grendon I've heard Talc good young player shame he's gone but I guess he wanted more playing time

Yeah and obviously that's why we are kicking off at 3. But floodlights cost money, so going back to my question....why dont all games ko at 2?

Let's put it another way Bufc WInslow are in Div 2 they don't have to use their floodlights. So that's why I asked. League 1 and above they have to use them

Yeah and obviously that's why we are kicking off at 3. But floodlights cost money, so going back to my question....why dont all games ko at 2?

Let's put it another way Bufc WInslow are in Div 2 they don't have to use their floodlights. So that's why I asked. League 1 and above they have to use them

I guess they do it because its become the normal thing to do, I'd imagine they've never really sat down and thought about why they do it tbh, I guess its just become 2nd nature.

Edited by Winslow Fox

I will do my upmost to get there but if the wife wants my attention sometimes I have to do as I'm told!!

That sounds a bit like Ref Off Ref's circumstances

Bringing other members of my Family who you know nothing about into a discussion again you sad cvnt.....let's mock your unwell Mother shall we, what do you say to that Rhodes?

Ref Off Ref – Apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick, aren’t you under the thumb at home then with her indoors

Rhodesy, you've been a bit quiet lately haven't you? Has your mum curtailed your internet privileges recently?

Christ I thought this board would be f*%king buzzing with all the posts the "Don't bash Rhodesy Plastic Mods" wanted to make.

Rhodesy, you've been a bit quiet lately haven't you?

I've just been keeping a low profile of late that's all, I expect Ian's advertising revenue has nosedived as a result over the last week or two