Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Website Reminder - New Blood Needed!

Serious Sid

After a five year stint I will definitely be relinquishing the coveted position of AFCH Webmaster at the end of the season. This will be old news to some but maybe not for others.

I have enjoyed (on the whole :D ) helping the Club in promoting our 'shop window' and have tried, with limited skills, to do the best job I could. However, five years is long enough and it is time for someone with new ideas (and hopefully greater skills) to have a go. I feel the site is looking a little 'tired' now and a fresh approach is needed - especially if (I mean 'when') we are promoted to Connie South.

Whether the new site is hosted by Ian or the easier Pitchero option is chosen is obviously up for debate. Keeping the hosting with Ian may be harder work but it gives us the flexibility that the 'one size fits all' Pitchero site does not.

I am not walking away from the Club and intend to remain a Season Ticket holder.

Cheers

John

Yep, certainly is. If you look on the website under 'Archives' you will see the websites for the four previous seasons. To be honest Colin doesn't want me to go but I honestly feel we need a change. I haven't got the energy to revamp the site and feel it can best be done by someone with more creativity and imagination.

I built the site from scratch using Dreamweaver (html/css) but obviously you have a blank sheet of paper so you could go whichever way suited you. I used a template for all pages except the front page so that made life easier. I am sure the mechanics are very disorganised as I often used 'trial and error' until something worked.

I may well offer my services John....depending on my current workload.

Music to my ears! I envisaged no candidates and having to carry on through loyalty to Colin and the Club.

Nope I'm sure ill do it one way or another - is the site cms? or html/css etc??

Well done Kimble