Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

how many more defeats?

Tesco Bazza

7 in a row now, half way to the club record of 14, season over in way of playoffs. How many more defeats can ck afford before getting the boot. Last year the excuse was it wasn't his squad and he was building for the future.

Next 2 games are winnable 4 points are a must anything less and I think heads should roll.

Its 6 League games Bazza, unless you are counting the Charlton game which would have been a bonus had we won, but previously to that we won 5 on the trot, something not seen for years at Margate. This was always a team building season so CK has my full backing.

Edited by BlueGate Alan

The only thing amiss I can see is a bit of luck, confidence and learning to play differently without Kwesi. Dont forget 2 of those defeats Kwesi was still in the team.

CK has said he is looking for a striker and I know has put in approaches to several but if they dont want to come all the way to Margate what more can he do.

Plus he has brought in Tom Murphy who is already looking a fine player in my eyes.

If you took the top scorer out of any team in the country, they would struggle. On a grander scale, look at Arsenal: without Van Persie, they would be mid-table at best

Far far too much negativity. You can't expect a manager to build a title-winning team in a year - anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that.

I'm as disappointed as the next person about the recent run of defeats. But you have to put things into perspective; we're only disappointed because we all got a little ahead of ourselves during the good run, and thought we were going to storm the playoffs.

Keep the faith and get behind your team - CK is still in the midst of a re-building program. I'm confident Saturday will be the start of a turnaround.

It took a couple of seasons for CK to form the title winning team from his first time round with the club. I agree, its early days still. Most important objectives in my mind were staying in this league and getting the ground built. I'm sure we'll be in the mix next season. If we are not in the mix and the ground is not under way, i'd be asking questions then!!! :D

The next three are most definitely winnable against struggling teams and should be with the players we have. Very much make or break time. A good return and we are comfortably mid table. If there is no joy in these fixtures it will be a nervous end to the season looking over our shoulder. However I remain positive. As has been mentioned on the forum before there are still a number of additions required for a play off challenge and midfield and up top are priorities. Can CK unearth another gem?

I know were are on a bad run but find it unbelievable that questions are being raised about CK. We had a great run and now the goals have dried up which places extra pressure on the defence.Understandable when the leading scorer in non league leaves!!Confidence is everything at this level and having seen the performances ,i dont believe the effort of the team can be faulted.As has been mentioned a new system has been put in place with murphy and Burchell and it must be given time.i feel it will come good.I dont believe CK is sitting doing nothing.If we can see where strengthening is needed then i am sure he can.

So stop the moaning and get behind the lads on saturday

I know were are on a bad run but find it unbelievable that questions are being raised about CK. We had a great run and now the goals have dried up which places extra pressure on the defence.Understandable when the leading scorer in non league leaves!!Confidence is everything at this level and having seen the performances ,i dont believe the effort of the team can be faulted.As has been mentioned a new system has been put in place with murphy and Burchell and it must be given time.i feel it will come good.I dont believe CK is sitting doing nothing.If we can see where strengthening is needed then i am sure he can.

So stop the moaning and get behind the lads on saturday

The fact that CK found a player in Kwesi who was drifting from club to club and in a few months made him into someone who moved to the Championship for a record club fee is enough alone to put him in credit for this season. How many managers could have pulled that off?

Is Kevin Raine still the chief scout?

If so then its his job to find players and bring them to the attention of the manager.

I presume thats what happened with Kwesi and the other players recently bought in.

Is Kevin Raine still the chief scout?

If so then its his job to find players and bring them to the attention of the manager.

I presume thats what happened with Kwesi and the other players recently bought in.

CK has known Kwesi since he was a kid. But he was the one who decided to sign him - a player who was quickly going nowhere remember - and it's at MFC where his ability was nurtured and it is MFC who have reaped the benefit with his sale to Palace. That's pretty good work.

First time i have read mention of a club record fee involved >

Is that fact ?

No surprise though >

Does that give us a clue as to what the fee must minimally exceed ?

Was the previous 'club record fee achieved with Buglione's sale -how much was that 15 or so years ago ?.

(sorry JT -no doubt your site reveals all but a bit busy to search )

whilst its all about next season-must confess BJM's post made me chuckle just the same

Just been having a look and the highest fee received I can find that MFC actually declared was £14,000 for Terry McFlynn when he joined Morecambe during 2003/04.

Before that Steve Cuggy reportedly joined Hastings Town for £13,000 in 1995 - paid for by a lottery winner - although MFC said that figure was inaccurate.

Martin Buglione's transfer fee in 1993 was undisclosed but the club did confirm it was a record at the time, I recall a figure of £25,000 often being mentioned then.

Can't find any mention of a new club record since then so it does seem as if Kwesi's sale has taken over from Buglione's as a club record.