Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How Will Promoted Teams Fare Next Season?

Looking back at how promoted teams have fared since Div 1 was introduced (2003/4):

AFC Guildford finished 12th, Colliers Wood 14th. Guildford have since spent a bob or 2 to become champions 2 years running (barring disaster) some 7/8 years later.

Bedfont Green finished 19th but spent wisely to become champions 3 seasons later

Bookham finished 20th and were regular relegation contenders before going down last season

Horley finished 5th –the highest position any promoted team has achieved - probably because they were relegated from 5th position the previous season due to ground grading

Hartley Wintney finished 21st and were relegated again. It’s taken another 4 seasons to rebuild a promotion winning (well as good as) team.

Hanworth Villa finished 17th in their 1st season, whereas Dorking finished bottom but were reprieved due to ground grading of others. I think it’s fair to say they’ve flirted with relegation most seasons since.

Mole Valley SCR did better than most by finishing 8th last season, but will do well to avoid the drop this year.

Farnham probably will finish just above the relegation places this year whereas South Park will buck the trend and finish top 10.

So how well will this season’s promoted teams do in their 1st season at the higher level?

we played hanworth four times this year an gave a good account of ourselves taking them to a replay twice in fa cup and fa vase an losing by the odd goal if we had a fox in the box may of been a different result so going by that i think we would be a top 10 side but i think we will need to add to our a squad an must improve it !!!

I feel Guernsey will be up there.

Bedfont Sports could be another HV. Consolidate and then improve from there

Hartley Wintney - I think they will be happy to consolidate as well.

Guernsey where my choice to win the Premier Title next year comfortably,pre Wembley's Budweiser's involvement.You will not see a more Professional outfit,in the lower echelons of the Non League Pyramid than Guernsey.

Bedfont Sports are a tidy together Club,who have improved their facilities year on year.Player wise a few additions will see them Top 8.

we'll need a couple of cbs a cm an a striker thatll bang in 30 a season me thinks we have a few quality youngsters but possibly have to look elsewhere for a few players!!

how will windsor take it if guernsey win prem next season and will there players stay for a 3rd season in cc prem ? (thats if guernsey do win prem)

where do you need to strengthen newby?

On the Jimmy Hill,like Div 1 sides did this year.

we'll need a couple of cbs a cm an a striker thatll bang in 30 a season me thinks we have a few quality youngsters but possibly have to look elsewhere for a few players!!

Worth tapping up that Ross Allen fella? - he gets nothing at the moment ;)

this may sound weird but i wasnt immensely impressed with him (seriously) i thought loaring stood out for me

Worth tapping up that Ross Allen fella? - he gets nothing at the moment ;)

yep ;) !

how will windsor take it if guernsey win prem next season and will there players stay for a 3rd season in cc prem ? (thats if guernsey do win prem) where do you need to strengthen newby?

Windsor ? Tweens there's a saying.....'' where there is money, there will be players '' :doh:

Were football mates so we'll see wont we doorknob , we just have a massive team spirit im an outsider an so are others weve just played together now for 3 yrs with added players each yr hence why weve improved every season since ive been here