Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 21 April

Ace1

We're gutted that Banstead have gone down - not only is it a ground we can find in our sleep, we have a magnificent record at Merland Rise in the CCL. We have not lost there against either Banstead or the Es since we came into this league.) Our home form, however, is not so good.) So much for the alleged Glasgow Rangers tie-in, not that it would have amounted to much anyway given their own difficulties.

Edited by tempestward

Funny that FTFC !!!

Epsom 0 v 1 Camberley

Cove 11 v 2 Banstead. Rumour has it Cove scored more goals than Banstead turned up with players.

We had 7 players! So our manager and assistant had to play making it 9! Then one of our players got in injured early in the 2nd half so we played the last 30mins with 8. I actually think we did well and it could have been 11-7.

Certainly did well mate, full credit to you lads today. You missed out on the Golden Boot for the club though with the amount of chances you had!!

Things dont change with me! I'll always score goals but miss about 8 a game!

So Cards why did Banstead only have 7 players ? Never known so many players come and go from one club. Is it a case that the players couldn't be bothered 'cos Banstead were relegated to CCL Div 1 I ask myself ? There appears to be problems there which could result in them being relegated with what was a good budget ?

Some massive scorelines yesterday on the penultimate weekend ........ I wonder why Smudgeyboy ....... ;) !

Well i dont know all the ins and outs but my take on what happened is that the Chairman has been messing Dave about with the budget and players were owed money from weeks and weeks before. At the beginning of March a lot of players of the were getting the right hump and even talking about boycotting training and matches until they got paid. What made me laugh was the Croydon game. We nearly didnt play because of this reason and then got spanked 4-0 by a side who doesnt get paid a penny!! Yes its annoying that your owed money but at the end of the day we're all here to play football and enjoy ourselves aren't we? I found the whole situation a joke!

I then went on holiday for a couple of weeks. I returned for the Wembley game, walked in the changing room and had to have a double take i was in the right one. There was only 4 players left from the previous squad of 18! Apparently everyone got paid up to date when i was away and they lost the semi so they all left. So all credit to Dave and the management as they managed to get basically another sqaud together in some short time. They've taken a lot of crap from people but its not there fault at all why the club is relegated.

Yesterdays game i guess it the fact that we couldnt finish anywhere but rock bottom, it was the last game and it was away at Cove that no one could be bothered.

bloody hel woody are these boys on life changing money?boycotting games and training over a few quid really makes you laugh

It did mate. A lot! Their arguement was the money didn't bother them but its the principle of being told your getting something and then not. The whole situation just killed the club moral and atmosphere and its no suprise that we finished where we did. Felt sorry for the manager who had players nagging him left right and centre but the chairman wasnt playing ball.

I just think that if you get paid anything at all at this level its a nice little bonus. If your that worried about your 30s and 40s each week then your in trouble! Surely we play football to enjoy it and have some good banter with team mates!?

Sounds madness mate!!! The whole money thing that is! ....... Not the fact you missed 8 chances again!!! haha! Take the positives from it..... TRS wasn't there to catch it on camera!

to think any player is worried about 30 0r 40 quid is beyond me whats happened to loyalty an loving playing for your club now it seems its all about money which aint really life changing is it i 2wouldnt get out of bed for that amount as a job

Sad thing is Newby that football has changed. Players only wanting to train once a week, wanting money.

Far too pampered the lot of them !!!

Banstead. Hmmm, where to start!

Firstly, having spent 17 years there, I have every sympathy for the club itself and am sad they have gone down. Dave Tidy is former Epsom and a good bloke. He was telling us all of the problems while in goal against us last week, many of which we were already familiar with.

I won't go into any detail at all here but there is one person totally responsible for the mess there, and the club is unimportant to them. It just serves a purpose.

I really hope that they can bounce back, but I see them as one of the few clubs out there with more problems than our own, so even if they do get back up, it won't change anything long term, regrettably.

Lammas 2-2 Worcester Park

Lammas went 1 up threw Shane Rideout then lammas gave a cheap goal away when our keeper smashed the ball off our centre back and the ball rebounded into the net. Lammas creating a load of chances but couldnt finish WP off. WPNO1 then gave away a penalty after a collision with Tony Hadley. The Responsibility was given to REDRUP who had the chance to get my 2nd goal of the season, looking very confident REDRUP smashed the ball off the bar!!! Gutted!!! 1/7 penalty conversions now!! lol!! Lammas did go up from the resulting corner threw Hadley. WP nicked a equaliser 2 mins from time. Sour note of the game was when our captain Ben Whatford done his cruciate ligament for the 2nd time in his career! Gutted for the bloke as hes just only a kid too. We wish him a speedy recovery.

A pretty decent result for us. We had 6 or 7 1st teamers missing due to holiday/suspension/work and so it was a very make shift side with reserves and youth players coming in.

As an end of season game goes, I thought it was a pretty decent game. Staines had so many chances throughout the game but everyone seemed to have a competition to see who could hit it over the bar from nearest the goal!

I like to think my big presence put you off mate. You did call the stanchion and did pretty well to hit it!

Sorry to hear that about your captain. From where I was it didn't look like much had happened. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Sad thing is Newby that football has changed. Players only wanting to train once a week, wanting money.

Far too pampered the lot of them !!!

it pisses me off that players can turn so quick for that sort of money sad really if they were gona make big bucks they woulda done that by now already. me an big time charlies dont mix, an yes far to pampered!! i can honestly say if i was a chairman i wouldnt pay any player until ryman level football its just not worth paying probable mediocre players that actually dont give a [****!!****] about the club!!! id rather have a 20 man squad willing to die for each other all day long

Do not disagree with your sentiments Newby,but even back in the Good old Amateur days,there was a thing called boot money.Most succesful sides paid it,even Sunday sides.Players should be paid something though,even if it was to cover Insurance against Injury Costs,or travelling expenses,Petrol aint cheap.