Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman Premier constitution

Have heard that St Neots town fc will be joining the Ryman Premier next season.

Hopefully this won't apply to us as i hope we go up but would be an interesting little trip out from london on the rattler.

My mate supports them and they get decent support,they had 900 odd at their game yesterday

its a rumour sort of,my mate supports them and says he was told after the game yesterday by someone close to the club.

Its all part of the slight restructure of the leagues,i think the plan is to shift the ryman more to the east rather than south,obviously clubs in kent.surrey and east sussex will remain ryman but i also heard the other day that they would want west sussex to move over to old southern league and herts & cambs to try to move to ryman making it fairer for east anglian clubs like lowestoft & bury,maybe they expect a bit of a shift in power to more east anglian clubs.

Personally i would split the 3 leagues into 4,making a northen league(down to and including staffs,notts,midland league(down as far as cambs,oxon,herefords,northants etc) and an east and west with a line maybe starting for the east and west with anything south of warwickshire/northamptonshire/leics being split straight down from sort of oxford down

There's a St Neots Way other side if the A12 at Harold Wood maybe it's them?

I was told (by a supporter who clearly seemed clued-up even if not an official, and a local reporter who was at our game last week too) that there could be a plan to move Harrow, Wealdstone and Hendon en bloc into the Southern League set-up, though it could depend on who goes down from the Blue Square South other than Thurrock (Maidenhead and Hampton and Richmond, both of whom I'd say should go into the Southern, fill those positions at the moment).

that would make some sort of sense.

I think the feeling is that there are a few clubs in East Anglia and surrounding areas who seem to suddenly be making strides up the league,leiston will probably join Ryman Prem next season and it could mean 3 suffolk clubs in prem

As said,i would split the leagues,the ryman would be Essex/suffolk/norfolk?/Kent,Herts,Cambs,surrey,E Sussex,E & N london postcodes

southern league,berks/bucks,w sussex/hants,west country,gloucs/wilts

then Midlands with Northants,leics,warwick,brum/staffs/hereford/sth wales

anything else north

Add to that Needham Market could go up through the playoffs to make that four

The East Anglian clubs have potential to do well but often don't want to go up because of the travelling involved.

There's alot of clubs currently in the Ridgeons that will more than hold their own in Ryman one North.

Lowestoft should have been in the Ryman a long time before they came up. Have always attracted decent crowds.

No, Arburjis did say at the start of the thread he hoped it wouldn't be relevant to us, I'm sure he believes we can win as do I

Don't stop believing

(and for City too)

Wow news to me this one! Our travelling distances have been greater than any other club in the Evo Stik Central Division 1 this season, bar Bedworth Utd! with only Biggleswade Town under 25 miles from us! Only 3 teams have been under 40 miles Leighton and Barton being the others! A majority of the teams we have played (15 of them) have been very close to the Middlesex and Bucks area. Many clubs in the league we are coming out of, travel only 5-10 miles away! 15 of our away games have involved journeys of at least 50 miles or more each way! The plan I guess, was to try and go up through the Southern League route, which we have done this season and in doing so, being able to look forward to some shorter journeys with Bedford Town, Cambridge City, Hitchin Town and Arlesey all being under 20miles away! And probably some better travelling support, with many of this seasons rivals, managing just 10 or 20 away fans. (Slough brought around 200 though! which was brilliant)

Whatever happens, I guess St Neots's future is in the hands of the FA? The Hunts FA which St Neots Town FC falls under, is the smallest association in the whole of the country! Says it all really.......

Edited by Bifaxman

Location is a problem for you.If you did come into the ryman then your closest games would be Bury,Hornchurch,wealdstone,Harrow etc unless the FA have a complete overhaul,if Enfield came up that would be your local derby.

For some reason herts & beds seem to have a lack of clubs at premier level although stevenage are up the ladder now