Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southall FC

FC Romania will play in SSML Div 2 and will ground share at a Ryman ground

I see that FC Romania have applied to enter the FA Vase, aren’t the Club trying to run, sorry, sprint before they can walk:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=398964;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=70027740

Good luck to Southall FC for next season in the SSML, I assume that their membership ratification will just be a formality at the AGM on Saturday 16 June

Good luck to Southall FC for next season in the SSML

603.gif i second that.

Southall FC will be holding Trials/Pre Season on Monday 25th June at the London Post Office Ground in the evening.

If you have any interest in coming down, please PM me, and i can give you the managers phone number.

You should post the above here aswell dom.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/southall/forum/general-discussion-1738/

I found this link about the historically beleaguered Club quite interesting:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ball/988933.stm

very interesting. This is basially the mantra of the new chairman and his partners. As a club it's uniquely positioned, in a high density area, with traditions of following sport. Just because that's not usually football, doesn't mean it can't. And by developing local players, it will bring more local interest, and it should snowball a bit from there. That's the plan i guess.

The good thing now is there is strong commerical partners in LycaMobile, and strong support from the FA. And a very promising youth section, so all the foundations are being put in place, whereas before i beleive they were looking for a top down approach.

DomCassells - How long have you been following Southall out of interest, I didn't realise how steeped in history the Club are and that, for example, in the 1952/53 campaign they played at Highbury in the Semi Final of the then prestigious Amateur Cup against Pegasus FC in front of 30,000.

I didn't realise how steeped in history the Club are and that, for example, in the 1952/53 campaign they played at Highbury in the Semi Final of the then prestigious Amateur Cup against Pegasus FC in front of 30,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2008/07/28/nl_ground_western_road_feature.shtml

DomCassells - How long have you been following Southall out of interest, I didn't realise how steeped in history the Club are and that, for example, in the 1952/53 campaign they played at Highbury in the Semi Final of the then prestigious Amateur Cup against Pegasus FC in front of 30,000.

I played for them on and off for the last 3 years, as my good friend is club captain and legend Cris Barrett. Now they are up to the SSML, i am committing to them full time, and trying to help with their project, with my contacts in the game.

my good friend is club captain and legend Cris Barrett.

Do you think he would have called it a day if Southall didnt get promoted ?

For me he was one of Southalls best players last season.

Do you know who won what at the end of season awards ?

my good friend is club captain and legend Cris Barrett.

Do you think he would have called it a day if Southall didnt get promoted ?

For me he was one of Southalls best players last season.

Do you know who won what at the end of season awards ?

I can't speak for Cris personally, but i know that the challenge of playing in the SSML is one that excites him. Last year he had no pre-season, and the team weren't really training, and he still stood out. With a good pre-season under our belts, and with better players around, he can have another good season. By the way, what a guy to have around the dressing room. If he was on time, he's be a managers dream, lol

Awards were last night, i'm not sure who won what, as i was best man at my mates wedding so didn't go.

what a guy to have around the dressing room. If he was on time, he's be a managers dream, lol

Yeah i did noticed him strolling in late'ish a few time's he wont be able to do that in the SSML 1 though. Also Southall will have to cut down on the silly verbal bookings they kept giving away last season.

What position do you play Dom ?

Perhaps Southall and Hanwell Town will meet in the Challenge Trophy or one of the Middlesex County Cup competitions

Perhaps Southall and Hanwell Town will meet in the Challenge Trophy or one of the Middlesex County Cup competitions

That could well happen Rhodesy!

what a guy to have around the dressing room. If he was on time, he's be a managers dream, lol

Yeah i did noticed him strolling in late'ish a few time's he wont be able to do that in the SSML 1 though. Also Southall will have to cut down on the silly verbal bookings they kept giving away last season.

What position do you play Dom ?

That will be taken care of pre season. All players will have to sign a behaviour contract, as it cost the club literally thousands last year in fines. I play in goal. Allegedly, lol

All players will have to sign a behaviour contract

From past experience this makes no difference whatsoever!

I play in goal. Allegedly, lol

I thought the regular Southall keeper last season looked a good keeper think his name was Clarke Johnson.