Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southall FC

I play in goal. Allegedly, lol

I thought the regular Southall keeper last season looked a good keeper think his name was Clarke Johnson.

yeah clarky played well, except for the games when i came to watch :-). I was brought to the club by the Chairman midway through the year, But the manager didn't want to play me, as i hadn't been with the club through the pre-season etc, which i actually agreed with. But ended up with Cockfosters and had a good time there with some good people. Even was assistant manager for a few weeks when all was doom and gloom there.

I see that Southall have been drawn at home to Uxbridge in the First Round of the Middlesex County FA Premier Cup:

http://www.middlesexfa.com/cups/2012-2013/mcfa-premier-cup/fixtures#

Yes, Uxbridge Reserves - the First Team being involved in the Senior Challenge Cup.

Of course, if you'd checked the MCFA website before you posted in the Charity Cup thread, you might know that. The draws were online by 3.30pm and there is a wee "plus" sign next to each tie in the draw so you can identify the match details.

However, from a historical perspective, it's a great draw. Both clubs can trace their history back to 1871 and played each other frequently for many years in County Cups and the Athenian League in particular. I'm sure the late Geoff Harrison would have relished such a tie.

and the reserves will play at Feltham.

Nice venue for the reserves to play much better than Vale Farm.

I'm not sure why the ground is listed as Northolt Rugby though. First team play at Hanwell, and the reserves will play at Feltham.

Ground details are drawn down from the central database. Once Southall have completed their affiliation form and Middlesex FA have processed it, the venue should change.

Steve Embleton has left the club.

The new Southall FC manager is Colin Brown his day job is chief youth scout for Brentford FC.

Had our first pre-season training, last night, had about 60 people down including 23 youth players. There was some good players in the mix, and the session was very well run by everyone, although i woke up today as stiff as a board.

Whats your pre-season games ?

Like I said Southall will be a breath of fresh air this season!

I play in goal. Allegedly, lol

I thought the regular Southall keeper last season looked a good keeper think his name was Clarke Johnson.

yeah clarky played well, except for the games when i came to watch :-). I was brought to the club by the Chairman midway through the year, But the manager didn't want to play me, as i hadn't been with the club through the pre-season etc, which i actually agreed with. But ended up with Cockfosters and had a good time there with some good people. Even was assistant manager for a few weeks when all was doom and gloom there.

On the 1st June 2012 Southall Football Club appointed Colin Brown 46, as their new 1st team Manager. Mr Brown replaces Steve Embletton who did a great job in securing promotion for the club from the Middlesex County Premier to the Spartan South division 1.

Mr Colin Brown, takes this role after an extensive playing career, which started out as a West Bromwich Albion YTS player before moving onto clubs such as, Viking FC ( 2 spells ), Egham FC, Moseley FC, Feltham FC ( 2 spells ), Brookhouse FC and Walton Casuals.

Mr Colin Brown began to make strides into Management / Coaching whilst at Feltham FC, assisting 1st team manager Phil Eggy, and was a major part of the 2002 backroom staff in Feltham’s most successful season in, which saw them lift the Middlesex Cup and the Super Cup beating Hendon in the final.

Mr Colin Brown’s thirst for football management grew and he sought to take his coaching Badges which he hoped could lead into a career in the professional game. Indeed he found opportunities at QPR, Fulham, and Watford before being head hunted to join West London club Brentford FC as a Player Development Manager.

The experience and knowledge that Mr Colin Brown has gained throughout his playing and coaching career to date, means that he is the right man to help restore the values and professionalism that Southall FC require to move the club forward.

Mr Colin Brown, has already appointed an experienced backroom staff at Southall FC and through his vast network within the professional & semi professional game, Colin will be strengthening the playing staff for the 2012 / 2013 season ahead.

In an earlier interview Mr Brown stated:

“I am very very pleased to have been offered this opportunity to try and take this wonderful club along their journey to restore Southall FC as a viable, stable and competitive semi professional club. The Chairmen Mr Tommy Taylor & Mr Chana Gill are very ambitious and so am I, so my aim is to fulfil the faith shown in me, with a team playing an entertaining brand of football”

I’m sure Southall are going to be a breath of fresh air as Sport London e Benfica were initially before they sadly self destructed

Ref Off Ref – Here you go, I just hope the Club won’t be a ‘two season wonder’ in the SSML and then go the same way as Toykington Manor sadly did

Edited by NeutralFan

Nah - we have built a youth infrastructure in place from under 6's through to under 16's -

( over 10 players have been invited or sign by pro academies last season alone )

Our Youth team Under 18's has just been accepted in the Allied Counties

Our second XI will continue to play in the Middlesex County

and of course the first team will be in the SSML..

So it could well be the start of a very interesting journey....

So it could well be the start of a very interesting journey....

Asare - That's exactly what Special1 said when Sport London e Benfica got promotion from the Middlesex County League Premier Division

SOUTHALL FC Vs Hanwell Town ( pre season friendly - 4th August )

Any others ?

Southall FC Pre-Season Games.

4th July Southall v St Lawerence ( Post Office Club )

25th July Southall v Hounslow Wanderers ( Post Office Club )

28th July Feltham v Southall

4th August Hanwell Town v Southall

Edited by Savagebee

I’m sure Southall are going to be a breath of fresh air as Sport London e Benfica were initially before they sadly self destructed

Ref Off Ref – Here you go, I just hope the Club won’t be a ‘two season wonder’ in the SSML and then go the same way as Toykington Manor sadly did

I stand corrected Rhodes :-(

As for how far Southall will go and for how long, at present all the signs look very promising for the club and investing in a youth set up too is always re-assuring.

It's early days and as we all know there are some good clubs already established in Division One looking to go further so again another tough season for the top two spots beckons