Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southall FC

Edited by NeutralFan, Yesterday, 11:53 AM

My post actually read 'Southall v St Lawrence is not exactly Chelsea v Bayern Munich is it'

Southall v St Lawrence is not exactly Chelsea v Bayern Munich is it'

No its better than Chelski v Bayern Munich ;)

Southall FC XI 2 ST Lawrence XI 1

An Inspirational debut performance from Tom Dawson helps secure victory for the new Look Colin Brown’s Southall FC

Colin Brown opened his account as manager of Southall FC, at the 1st time of asking after a gritty determined performance from new look Southall team, saw them edge a competitive game at the Post Office Club, Greenford.

In what turned out to be an entertaining game, Southall dominated the majority of possession for huge spells, possible, due to the number of technically sound players that the manager has already brought into the club. All of whom appear extremely comfortable on the ball in very tight areas, which allowed the ball to be moved from the back to the front effortlessly and at a decent tempo.

But amazingly, it was the visitors who took the lead in the 19th minute, when a long speculative aerial pass caught out the Southall backline and left the visitors’ striker with time and space to settle and slot the ball past the stranded home keeper. 0-1

Not only was the goal against the run of play, but It was more than a little unfair on the young home keeper Aldi 20, who was at Kettering Town Reserves last season, as he had made a really solid start to game looking assured between the sticks. Southall continued the vein of possession with centre midfielders Tom and Darell at the heart of the display. Indeed it was young Tom who brought the sides level after 34minutes, when he thumped home a strike from 20yards after collecting a miss-kick from the St Lawrence keeper. 1-1

Loads of substitutions from both teams followed, but this did not really unsettle the structure of the game, which is a credit to both sets of players.

The game was won for Southall FC in the second half when ex – Millwall FC youth team player Reece, held the ball up exceptionally well in the St. Lawrence penalty area, only to be brought down by a clumsy tackle from the ST. Lawrence right back. The referee, who had been outstanding throughout, had little choice but to award the spot kick. This was slotted home with very little fuss by another young talent Olu 17, 2-1.

Some of the old guard from last season Southall’s squad, Marcus, Wayne, Dominic, Louis all came on for the last quarter of the match, and even though it’s early days, on this viewing you can tell there will be a right battle for shirts, which will create the competitive environment that Colin Brown wants.

Colin Brown Stated in his post match Interview: “These games are great to assess all the new players that have been invited to the club. We are going for a one squad structure at the club this year, meaning that all players who sign will be eligible to play for either the Middlesex County XI or the Spartan South Midland XI. It is going to be a very competitive for places and that is exactly what we need to be successful.”

Assistant Coach Paul Palmer also added: “ we asked the boys to keep the ball and play through the thirds, to their credit they executed this really well and looked composed at the back. As pre season continues we will work through the passages of play even more as we want to be a side that enjoys a huge percentage of possession game to game”

Any new pre-season games for Southall FC ? anyone ?

Hope to be at the Feltham v Southall game on the 28th July.

I know they are trying to get a game against Maidenhead finalised - To be played at Bedfont town on the 28th July

Thought Southall were playing Feltham on the 28th ?

Edited by Savagebee

Have they lost all the East London based players? Luke Williams etc?

Luke Williams didnt play much for Southall during the second half of last season.

The East London players from last season will be attending training this week and competing for places in the new look side. There are some very good players in the camp at the moment, exceptionally talented youngsters too, and Colin ( manager ) has a vast network of scouts and people in the game so the squad will be very tasty by the time the season kicks off.

Rumours have it that Elliot Bent ( younger brother of pro player Marcus Bent ) is also being lined up for the upcoming season.

As far as the fixture of the 28th @ Bedfont - I believe it could be Feltham - but the club were also in talks with Maidenhead FC

4th August they have a fixture Vs Hanwell Town

As far as the fixture of the 28th @ Bedfont - I believe it could be Feltham - but the club were also in talks with Maidenhead FC

4th August they have a fixture Vs Hanwell Town

Aware of the Hanwell fixture ofcourse.

There must be other pre-season games sorted ? what about this Sat ?

This Saturday - they play another training game Vs St Lawrence at the Ark Academy, wembley

Another training game against a team you have already played. Southall FC need to sort there pre-season games out they need to test themselves against better teams in my opinion.

with over 60 players trialing - these "training games" are absolutely necessary to see what each player is bringing to the table

Bigger games vs Ashford, Bedfont and Hanwell are lined up for the following weeks.

Whether or not they have got the formula right will be clear for all to see once the season kicks off proper - The proof will be in the pudding as they say

games vs Ashford, Bedfont

Dates we need dates ? ;)

I know a few Southall supporters who would like to attend Southalls pre-season games but they havent got a clue when and where they are ? apart from the Hounslow Wanderers and the Hanwell Town games and there now seems to be some confusion over the game on the 28th of July against Feltham ?, Bedfont ? or Maidenhead ? :huh:

Not entering the Vase was also a big mistake buy the club :unsure:

I really hope Southall dont run before they can walk :unsure:

In terms of FA Vase entry, don't forget that Geoff Harrison passed away at the time of year when FA Competition entries need to be completed - I think the club can maybe be forgiven that one? Ashford Town (Middlesex) and Southall are still woking on a potential pre-season game and this will be announced as and when it is confirmed. It's pointless announcing a date until both clubs are happy with it.

In terms of FA Vase entry, don't forget that Geoff Harrison passed away at the time of year when FA Competition entries need to be completed - I think the club can maybe be forgiven that one?

I knew a Southall without Geoff Harrison would struggle in certain areas and in my opinion im already seeing signs of that happening. He Knew so much about Southall FC and the local game. He will be a hard man to replace if that is possible. As ive said before i really hope Southall dont run before they can walk. I hope to be at as many Southall home games as possible this season and i hope they do well this season.

Indeed the passing away of Geoff Harrisson left a massive internal challenge for the club. and in terms of the non - entry of the FA competitions the dates were missed sadly because of this. Looking at it in a positive way, - this will mean that the squad can seriously focus on a sustained challenge in the league... After all their main aim is to get into the Ryman section of the pyramid within the next 3-4 years. Despite what you say Mr Savagebee, there is a real good feeling about the club this year, and you only have to check today's ealing gazette for an illustration of what they are trying to achieve.

Supporters will have to note - that whilst there are going to be "training games" the main two preseason games in the book are:

28th July away to Bedfont @ Bedfont Town

4th Aug Vs Hanwell Town

Talks ongoing with Ashford, Maidenhead and one other.

Regards