Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southall FC

Southall FC, win the race to sign Top Class Goalkeeper,

Gary Jallow

Yesterday, Southall FC 1st team manager Colin Brown, made a statement of intent for the forthcoming season after securing the signature of much sought after, ex- Gambian International goal-Keeper Gary Jallow, for an undisclosed fee.

Teams such as Didcot FC, Walton & Hersham, Hanwell Town & Chalfont St. Peter were all in the running to sign Mr Jallow, but it was the new project at Southall FC which appealed the most.

Gary Jallow 32, had had spells in London with Hayes FC ( now Hayes & Yeading ) and North Greenford Utd, before moving to Bristol where he played for Mangotsfield FC in the Evo-Stick Southern League division one. After a reasonably successful period in Bristol, Gary moved back to West London where he was once again reunited with North Greenford Utd. It was during this second spell at North Greenford that Gary arguably enjoyed his most successful season to date, being an integral member of the team that gained promotion from the Combined Counties to the Evo-Stick Southern League Central Division.

Whilst Gary Jallow’s has a very impressive Club footballing CV, its most amazing fact is that it also illustrates that he has achieved 16 International caps at senior level for his native homeland Gambia.

When interviewed a few hours after signing his contract, Gary stated “I have known Brownie (manager) for years, he is a very straightforward person and has always been very ambitious. I only needed one conversation with him, to know that I wanted to be a part of Southall’s future”

Manager Colin Brown later added:

“These are very exciting times for Southall FC, when we can attract the quality of Gary Jallow to the club. I have admired Gary’s talent for many years, but this is the first time that I have had an opportunity to work with him. Gary has been an excellent servant to the semi pro game, and he feels that this is the right time in his career to embark on the project that Southall FC represents”.

Despite what you say Mr Savagebee, there is a real good feeling about the club this year,

I know that and im happy about that believe me.

I watched around 15 Southall games last season and enjoyed them all and for me Southall are now my second fave team to watch so i do want them to do well next season thats for sure.

I hope to be at the Southall game on the 28th.

Tom Dawson is a good player hope Southall snap him up.

On the Feltham website it says Feltham are playing Reading Town on the 28th July at Cranford ? i thought Feltham were playing Southall on the 28th July ?

Edited by Savagebee

In terms of FA Vase entry, don't forget that Geoff Harrison passed away at the time of year when FA Competition entries need to be completed - I think the club can maybe be forgiven that one?

I knew a Southall without Geoff Harrison would struggle in certain areas and in my opinion im already seeing signs of that happening. He Knew so much about Southall FC and the local game. He will be a hard man to replace if that is possible. As ive said before i really hope Southall dont run before they can walk. I hope to be at as many Southall home games as possible this season and i hope they do well this season.

Hi all,

Owen, Geoff's son posting here. My dad really was Mr Southall, his love for the club and non league football in general was second to none. I know there are big plans in place for Southall over the coming years, just a shame he wont be there to hopefully see them come to fruition. Over the past few weeks we have been going through old Southall stuff collated by my dad over many years - clear to see he was well on the way to researching the history of Southall for the book he was writing. This is something which will be completed in time in his memory. On the 14th July it would have been Geoff's 60th birthday - if Southall can give him one thing for this year then make it second promotion in a row!

All the best and hopefully see some of you at games next season in between the Luton fixtures!

On the 14th July it would have been Geoff's 60th birthday

Snap my birthday is on the 14th of July aswell.

For me and others Southall games have not been the same since Geoff's passing i got to know him well since Southall started groundsharing at Hanwell Town FC i used to enjoy chatting to him at Southall games and getting his texts regarding Southall FC newes.

Geoff Harrison you are greatly missed.

Edited by Savagebee

On the 14th July it would have been Geoff's 60th birthday

Snap my birthday is on the 14th of July aswell.

For me and others Southall games have not been the same since Geoff's passing i got to know him well since Southall started groundsharing at Hanwell Town FC i used to enjoy chatting to him at Southall games and getting his texts regarding Southall FC newes.

Geoff Harrison you are greatly missed.

Happy belated birthday to you for the 14th July! My dad always filled me in on the latest Southall news on the way to the Luton home games. His enthusiasm and love for Southall was something else. I'll cherrish those memories. Is there a full set of fixtures about anywhere online for Southalls forthcoming campaign? Want to start planning some games for next season - from what I gather there will be quite a few not far from me in Dunstable?!

Good to see Southall finally in a good set of hands with the current set up. Hopefully good times ahead for them.

Is there a full set of fixtures about anywhere online for Southalls forthcoming campaign?

The SSML only issue fixtures on a monthly basis, to date are the following

Sat 11 Aug - Stony Stratford Town (Away)

Tue 14 Aug - Cockfosters (Away)

Sat 18 Aug - Crawley Green (Home)

Sat 25 Aug - Harpenden Town (Away)

Wed 29 Aug - London Lions (Home)

Sat 11 Aug Stony Stratford Town (Away)

I hope Southall will be told to bring their hiking boots on the first day of the campaign, they'll have no idea what's in store for them will they

I hope Southall will be told to bring their hiking boots on the first day of the campaign, they'll have no idea what's in store for them will they

It's not that far to the pitch from the changing rooms.

Have you ever been to Ostlers Lane

It's not that far to the pitch from the changing rooms

So how can you possibly make the above statement then

Lol. I've heard they now employ Sherpa guides to assist away team to the pitch. (jokes before anyway gets sensitive)

Edited by Winslow Boy

I also expect Phil smith has plans to sort this £££££££££££££££££

Edited by Winslow Boy

Where are Southall playing now? I'm assuming the old ground has gone. I played on that pitch a few times in the late 70,s 80s, what a sh*t one it was then.

At Hanwell Town it's a cracking ground

I'm sure that I spotted some wooden crosses in the ground at Ostlers Lane between the Club House and the pitch where people have perished trying to make it

In terms of FA Vase entry, don't forget that Geoff Harrison passed away at the time of year when FA Competition entries need to be completed - I think the club can maybe be forgiven that one?

I knew a Southall without Geoff Harrison would struggle in certain areas and in my opinion im already seeing signs of that happening. He Knew so much about Southall FC and the local game. He will be a hard man to replace if that is possible. As ive said before i really hope Southall dont run before they can walk. I hope to be at as many Southall home games as possible this season and i hope they do well this season.

Hi all,

Owen, Geoff's son posting here. My dad really was Mr Southall, his love for the club and non league football in general was second to none. I know there are big plans in place for Southall over the coming years, just a shame he wont be there to hopefully see them come to fruition. Over the past few weeks we have been going through old Southall stuff collated by my dad over many years - clear to see he was well on the way to researching the history of Southall for the book he was writing. This is something which will be completed in time in his memory. On the 14th July it would have been Geoff's 60th birthday - if Southall can give him one thing for this year then make it second promotion in a row!

All the best and hopefully see some of you at games next season in between the Luton fixtures!

Hi all,

Hi Owen,

I hope all is well with you. You're right - your Dad was truly "Mr Southall" but he was also a historian of non-league football beyond the club and I was working with him on archiving the records of Middlesex County FA. I know how happy he would have been to see the club promoted last season. I was proud to know him and grateful for his help on my own research projects.

When you're not watching Luton, you and your family will get a warm welcome at many clubs if you choose to watch a game - Southall, especially, of course but so many other clubs too. Geoff was a gentleman and is sadly missed across the game.

Anyone got any updates on how Southall's pre-season is going ? also who are they playing on Sat 28th ?