Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Luke McCormick

I have heard he's looking at going down under to play (Australian A-League).

........ and just for a moment, I thought you meant........................

:bolt:

• 10 months later...

I see that McCormick has re-joined Plymouth, the Home Park Club should be ashamed of themselves, disgusting!:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luke-mccormick-back-plymouth-argyle-1879010

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22471577

• 4 months later...

Plymouth Argyle should hold their heads in shame for taking back Luke McCormick as if nothing has happened, it's 'criminal' and I hope he is being crucified at away grounds:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Goalkeeper-Luke-McCormick-earns-praise/story-20000747-detail/story.html

Luke will be living with a life sentence - I doubt a day goes past when he vehemently regrets what he did.

However, he did not set out to murder anybody on that day.   He made a stupid decision, and has to accept responsibility for what he did, but he has done his sentence and so legally he is a free man.

Personally, I think the guy is a twit (to put it mildly) but i wouldn't reserve any hatred for him.   Had he set out to kill or rape a child, then that would have been totally different.

I do agree with Adam.

He was stupid and it cost a young boy his life but he didn't pre meditate it,I know some will argue that once you get in a car over the limit you are almost guilty of anything that could possibly happen which includes killing someone but I do believe he has served his time and hopefully learned from this tragic mistake

I felt physically sick reading this article by 'murderer' Luke McCormick in the Plymouth Herald, there's not a word of remorse and his arrogance is 'criminal':

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Goalkeeper-Luke-McCormick-talks-time-return/story-19523669-detail/story.html

Well you've got a bit of a feeble constitution haven't you Rhodesly? 

Loosely - So you don't agree he's a murderer then

Loosely - So you don't agree he's a murderer then

I didn't say that did I Rhodesly? I was just implying that you're a lily-livered tw@t.

If anything, he is a 'manslaughterer'.

He is not a murderer - a murderer plans to kill his/her victim beforehand.

Luke McCormick, as bad as he is, did not set out to murder anybody on that day.  His stupid actions resulted in death, but the deaths were accidental so by that count he is guilty of manslaughter but not of murder.

Rhodes, it's like saying that if you intended to stab me to death and did so then you would be a murderer - however, if you and I got into a fight outside a pub and you caught me with a blow to the temple and I later died, you would be guilty of manslaughter as the fight would not have been pre-planned and in the heat of the moment you lashed out and sent me off to meet my maker.

Luke McCormick, as bad as he is, did not set out to murder anybody on that day.  His stupid actions resulted in death, but the deaths were accidental so by that count he is guilty of manslaughter but not of murder.

Rhodes, it's like saying that if you intended to stab me to death and did so then you would be a murderer - however, if you and I got into a fight outside a pub and you caught me with a blow to the temple and I later died, you would be guilty of manslaughter as the fight would not have been pre-planned and in the heat of the moment you lashed out and sent me off to meet my maker.

The technicalities of McCormicks legal status are an irrelevance. The fact is that he drove a powerful car at reckless speeds while drunk and caused innocent people to die, and IMO that make him no better than a murderer. I personally couldn't care less if someone wants to employ him as a footballer, but I do passionately believe his four year driving ban was ridiculous, and this selfish, disgusting man should never be allowed to drive ever again.

The bloke's entitled to make a living, we don't want him to be a burden on society any more than he already has been. I can't see the value of him bringing up the events every time he's asked his comments on the football club he plays for either. I'm sure his victim's family and friends don't want it brought up every five minutes either? Surely they must need closure at some point for their own sanity. Clearly Rhodesly's sanity is too late to worry about.

Agree with Alan, you don't put a gun or a knife back in the hands of a killer do you? You don't facilitate their opportunity to bring such sadness to others again? Take away the driving licences of killers, it's a privilege they're not safe with. What is wrong with our judiciary? 

• 2 weeks later...

The bloke's entitled to make a living

So you're defending McCormick then

So you're defending McCormick then

Where did I say that?

The bloke's entitled to make a living

Loosely - This is where you appear to be defending McCormick

Loosely - This is where you appear to be defending McCormick

Well you are wrong dickwad. How is it defending someone who has been in prison and is now out, whom society do not need another useless turd on the benefit game, to say he is entitled to work?

Honestly Rhodesly you need more medication.

Loosely - Yes but should McCormick be allowed to just pick up the reins in the lucrative line of work he loves, that's my point as it's not a punishment for killing two young boys and crippling their father for life is it. Every football club in the land should have been instructed, in no uncertain terms, not to touch him with a barge pole.

Loosely - Yes but should McCormick be allowed to just pick up the reins in the lucrative line of work he loves, that's my point as it's not a punishment for killing two young boys and crippling their father for life is it. Every football club in the land should have been instructed, in no uncertain terms, not to touch him with a barge pole.

I fail to see the relevance twatface. Footballing is what he is trained for and is skilled at. If he were a printer would you be calling for every printshop and printers in the land to blacklist him? You probably would and so, being untrained in any other trade you would expect him to re-train, being yet another burden on the public purse in some way while he did so.

It matters not. It's just Rhodesly howling at the moon again, unhappy with the orbit it takes for whatever reason he thinks he can try to prove. Take your meds Rhodesly, think calm thoughts.