Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Luke McCormick

I can barely bring myself to type his name but I see that incredibly child murderer Luke McCormick, who is due to be released from prison next month following a laughable soft sentence, is set to join Swindon Town and has been trialing with the un-scrupulous County Ground outfit since January whilst on day release, he is also set to go on the Club's pre-season tour of Italy. Just to rub salt into the bereaved family's wounds Swindon Chairman Jeremy Wray said 'our sympathy is with the family of the victims, that will never change, there's been a complete tragedy and lives have been destroyed. This guy has done his time in prison, he wants to come back and give something back to society, the best way we can do that is to rehabilitate and that's the role Swindon can play'. Absolutely disgusting!:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2148656/Luke-McCormick-set-Swindon-release-prison.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swindon-town/9286771/Swindon-Town-set-to-offer-trial-to-Luke-McCormick-jailed-for-killing-two-boys-in-drink-driving-crash.html

Almost everyone deserves a second chance ands its better that he works, rather than being a lifetime burden on the taxpayer. Him being in the public eye though could be unpleasant for the victims families.

What do you think he should do with the rest of his life Rhodes?

I'm still forming an opinion but my initial unguarded thoughts are that he should not be allowed to be in a position to be idolised and cheered. Though the flip side of that coin is that he will be mercilessly slaughtered by opposition fans, which some might think fitting.

Maybe he should take up a coaching role in the community, that way give something back without the extraordinary beneifits of a pro footballer.

Please not let's have any comments of "He's done his time"...... Hardly!

It was bad enough when McCormick's friend, and Ipswich Town player at the time, David Norris incredibly showed his support during a game against Blackpool after scoring at Bloomfield Road, Norris had also told a local newspaper that he would stand-by McCormick and intended to stay in contact whilst he was in prison. Now this which is a reflection on the sad World we live in today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1084385/Mother-McCormick-motorway-smash-victims-slams-Norris-handcuffs-tribute-calls-Ipswich-midfielder-banned.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ipswich-footballer-david-norris-fined-357096

Missunderstood - Surely you're not supporting McCormick, he's a child murderer pure and simple and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch again let alone play on one

Don't forget that he'll be on licence.

The slightest misdemeanour, and he's back inside.

Remember one of the Bulger murderers ?

While the blokes an absolute idiot let's not start comparing him to someone who intentionally goes out to kill someone,completely different thing.

As much of an idiot he is for doing what he done,I bet there's dozens of people on this forum who have drink drived before,he was unlucky as were the kids that it was him but it could of been thousands of people every day,not right but I don't believe he is a murderer,but he is obviously responsible for their deaths.He should be able to return to employment in his chosen field of work,the same a builder/office worker/bus conductor would be

While the blokes an absolute idiot let's not start comparing him to someone who intentionally goes out to kill someone,completely different thing.

As much of an idiot he is for doing what he done,I bet there's dozens of people on this forum who have drink drived before,he was unlucky as were the kids that it was him but it could of been thousands of people every day,not right but I don't believe he is a murderer,but he is obviously responsible for their deaths.He should be able to return to employment in his chosen field of work,the same a builder/office worker/bus conductor would be

I agree with all of that except the last bit, a builder/office worker/bus conductor wouldn't be cheered, clapped, feted etc.

Calling him a "Child Murderer" lumps him in with Brady, Hindley and Huntley. McCormack is definitely not in that category. He was irresponsible and stupid, not evil.

Eastside Urchin - Well if that's what you believe than fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion however I don't believe he will be allowed to play for Swindon as there will be such an outcry from their fans and possibly even a boycott of games which the Board wouldn't tolerate due to lost revenue. McCormick playing again will be far worse than Lee Hughes and Marlon King who have had a surprisingly easy ride since they sheepishly left prison and returned to playing but McCormick could quite easily be lynched at an away ground next season or even at the County Ground by Swindon's own fans who have already made it clear they don't want him.

He's going to need a very thick skin. Imagine running towards your goal before kick off to take up your postion, to be greeted by a chorus of abuse from the opposition fans behind the goal. It's gonna be brutal.

Calling him a "Child Murderer" lumps him in with Brady, Hindley and Huntley. McCormack is definitely not in that category. He was irresponsible and stupid, not evil.

Hookey - I'm sorry but McCormick is just as bad as Brady, Hindley, Huntley, Donald Neilson, Jon Venables, Robert Thompson and Peter Sutcliffe if not worse than all of them put together!

Missunderstood - Surely you're not supporting Lee Scott he's a thieving thug pure and simple and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch again let alone play on one

Dont be so harsh Rhodes..........

Edited by BSFC......FOR NOW!

Keeps - Answer a simple question, what if it had been your two lovely eight and ten year old sons who were killed by McCormick and he had put you in a wheel chair for the rest of your life

• 2 weeks later...

Evil Luke McCormick was freed from jail last wednesday, incredibly on the eve of the anniversary of Arron and Ben Peak's death when his powerful Range Rover ploughed into their car on the M6. Mrs Peak told the Sun 'on a day when we should have been remembering our precious little boys, all we'll be doing is thinking that b.....d's got his freedom back, to hear he was being let out on that date was honestly almost as bad as the day I found out I had lost them both. It's a catastrophic insult, what would a few extra days mean, he has already only served half his sentence'. Mrs Peak is ready and willing to meet McCormick, she went on to say 'I want to look him in the eye to see if he is remorseful because that's the only way I'll be able to tell':

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2155883/Drink-drive-McCormick-freed-prison--day-anniversary-boys-deaths.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3651087/Shamed-soccer-star-Luke-McCormick-who-killed-2-boys-in-drink-drive-smash-in-charity-shop-on-day-release.html

Keeps - Answer a simple question, what if it had been your two lovely eight and ten year old sons who were killed by McCormick and he had put you in a wheel chair for the rest of your life

Keeps - You've suddenly gone all quiet

• 2 months later...

I see that Luke McCormick has been unceremoniously offloaded by Swindon who are quoted as saying 'the Club didn't feel it was right to give someone with his background a contract as it might harm its reputation, we have now severed all ties with him'. It's good to see common sense prevailing, McCormick had been training at the County Ground since his release from prison in June after serving just half of a lenient 4 year sentence for murdering ten year old Arron Park and his eight year old brother Ben. The boys devastated parents had blasted Swindon and said 'Swindon may be a family Club but they are hiring a man who has torn our family apart'.

I have heard he's looking at going down under to play (Australian A-League).