Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This season budgets

Does this mean that AFC Croydon Athletic are ever returning to Mayfields? Is there a plan to return there, or to get another ground completely, or to stay at the Arena?

Personally, I still don't understand why the two Croydon clubs can't come to some sort of arrangement as a sort of Croydon United.

The plan is to return to Mayfield Road,but until either Jenny Manji relinqishes the Lease,or Croydon Council evict them,through Court action,this cannot happen.Seeing how vindictive the present Leasees have been so far,would not suprise me,if Mazhar Majeed paid up the Money owing to the Local Authority,to retain the Lease.He is obviously not short of a few bob.As for a Croydon United,which would make sense financially,this in my opinion,will not happen in the short term.Croydon Athletic is Wandsworth and Norwood in Croydon's eyes,not even a Borough side.The interesting thing to me is who will be given Home fixtures, when Palace are at HOME.As the vast majority of Athletic supporters are Palace fans,will they show loyalty at Step 6,or watch the primo donnas,2 miles away?Even the Rams Army Forum is as dead as a DODO,you would think they would be over the moon,at having a Club to follow.Was very different when,they were living the High Life,with Overpaid SO CALLED SUPERSTARS,ROBBING THEM BLIND.Hope it works out for them though,as the people running the Club now ,are salt of the earth people.

Suspicion is that when they do move back, the Council will want both Croydon clubs to move there so they can sell off the Arena site.

And here is my suggested kit for Croydon United.

Crystal_Palace_1972-1973.gif

Could the council not slap a CPO on Croydon Athletic and the assets of Mazhir Majeed?

He's not any relation to the Majeed's who shafted another Surrey based side is he? Won't mention names but here's a hint:

For some technological reason I can't see your hint, however, if it's who I suspect you're referring to, that is not a Surrey based club (despite what BBC Surrey seem to think). And no, no relation. The question was oft asked when MM took over at CAFC.

Is it black and white,with arrows on by any chance?

Very good, Smudgey !!