Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This season budgets

Take up the Challenge Nice Guy,rather than deflecting the Flak,into my backyard.On this occassion I will turn the other Cheek,and be a Good Samaritan,have you got £500,or up it to £1000 and 'Isobel Barnett ' Windsor Sec,see what his response is.I LOVE NICE GUY!!!!!

Ha ha TWO FACE I have commented on the said post what Windsor have to do.... :rolleyes: . I know for a fact first hand the Windsor's ORIGINAL budget last season was £1800 per week remember that covered both management and players, but heard it had been increased towards the latter part of the season, to cover additional players money and bonuses.

I cannot imagine it being much different this season, but I will find out.......... ;) !!!

You really should be on the stage. Your talents deserve a far wider audience and you have to be the biggest commedian since Bernard Manning. You should be more selective on the information you receive and not believe everything you hear or pretend to hear or even make up.

But you never took up the challenge, put to you did you?You as usual, just asked another question.Now lets delve a little deeper,into you knowing what was their original budget last season.The only way you could of known this first hand,and been so sure of your facts,is that you were interviewed for the Managers Position.Then because of Sour Grapes,you have harked on about it,ever since.IS THAT NOT THE TRUTH?

WRONG TWO FACE !!! Never mind how I know and certainly don't have sour grapes........I harked on about ''it'' 'cos of the Windsor Forumites denial until their Chairman admitted at the end of last season...

Again TWO FACE if you read my previous posts about Windsor in general, you will find them very complimentary...... :P

As far as I recall, the denials were based on the nonsensical amounts that you were quoting. Who denied that there was a budget? No-one. And once again, for the record, WFC will not be divulging how much we spend. That IS a fact and you can quote me on this for the rest of the season.

So run along and make up your own conspiracy theories and imaginary amounts because whatever you may be told over the months to come, it won't be from any WFC official.

Did you ever play professionally for Sunderland?

But you never took up the challenge, put to you did you?You as usual, just asked another question.Now lets delve a little deeper,into you knowing what was their original budget last season.The only way you could of known this first hand,and been so sure of your facts,is that you were interviewed for the Managers Position.Then because of Sour Grapes,you have harked on about it,ever since.IS THAT NOT THE TRUTH?

WRONG TWO FACE !!! Never mind how I know and certainly don't have sour grapes........I harked on about ''it'' 'cos of the Windsor Forumites denial until their Chairman admitted at the end of last season...

Again TWO FACE if you read my previous posts about Windsor in general, you will find them very complimentary...... :P

As far as I recall, the denials were based on the nonsensical amounts that you were quoting. Who denied that there was a budget? No-one. And once again, for the record, WFC will not be divulging how much we spend. That IS a fact and you can quote me on this for the rest of the season.

So run along and make up your own conspiracy theories and imaginary amounts because whatever you may be told over the months to come, it won't be from any WFC official.

Why hide it? Considering the previous clubs demise there will continue to questions about the budget until it comes out.

Why hide it? Considering the previous clubs demise there will continue to questions about the budget until it comes out.

How many clubs do you know who give this information? Why should Windsor be any different?

Did you ever play professionally for Sunderland?

Thats not quite right Windsor sec has stated if NG takes up this bet we can find out through the chairman was Windsor sec speaking for the chairman ?

Don't misquote me Offside as I never said at any stage that our Chairman would divulge the budget for this season, only whether NG @ £65k+ or me @ a great deal less is correct ! It would seem to be irrelevant as NG obviously doesn't have that much faith in his so called informants to take up the challenge I offered - perhaps he should be known henceforth as JAFFA !

Are they cakes or biscuits?

I told you lot he is a fake and now you are seeing him for what he really is,just wind him up like I do but please don't take him seriously cos he don't fecking well exist,I am far from Naieve as I have seen many clubs come and go in this league some that have been promoted or relegated and some because of financial problems,don't be one of the latter ones thats all i'm saying,if a club is paying players and they haven't won anything what is the point all you are doing is rewarding failure sometimes players get paid for the club/managers ego and nothing else,no manager should get paid that is for sure.

Don't misquote me Offside as I never said at any stage that our Chairman would divulge the budget for this season, only whether NG @ £65k+ or me @ a great deal less is correct ! It would seem to be irrelevant as NG obviously doesn't have that much faith in his so called informants to take up the challenge I offered - perhaps he should be known henceforth as JAFFA !

It may not be word for word but for a £500 bet you would think the chairman would have the balls to say how much he was out with his £65 k remark thats if he,s wrong at the end of the day if you guys are happy throwing pots of money at trying to get out of this league thats fine but with the baggage the club seem to have maybe a bit of transparency might help?

Duncs. i felt like responding to the last comment, that no manager should be paid, well even though i don't take a penny at Godalming, that is not to say managers don't deserve a penny, i feel that we deserve to get paid for the work Jon and i do, but at the same time we would prefer a better side, so forfeit any money we could take, as a better side will hopefully enhance the chances of our team, and therefore improving our reputations.

I think that most managers out there work their socks off, whether it is step 4, 5 or step 6, and to say they don't deserve a penny i think is unfair, if any manager out there is getting paid they probably do deserve it, i am sure when you bring in to the equation time spent talking to players, petrol costs, phone bills, (cost of burgers in my case ;) ) etc then it is probably only going to cover costs if anything.

Infact i think that managing at step 6 is harder than step 4, and was a conversation i was having with Unders when we were driving down to the Ryman awards last night (and i am speaking from experience having started at step 6 with Fleet Spurs), at step 4 a lot of the lads are geared up for training Tuesdays and Thursdays, and expect to travel for games, and just get on with it, and we do not find ourselves having to ring players to make sure they are going to be at grounds on time, whereas when i was at Fleet i would be constantly on the phone making sure that players had left (when we were travelling down to the coast for example) also you would find that the players did not have the same commitment (not saying that is the case for everyone) when it came to things like training etc, often i would get a text message 5 minutes before sessions were starting to say they were caught at work etc etc....

Knowing how much time i put into management personally, and that i am not alone in the hours i put in, then any manager that takes money good luck to you!!!

In terms of budgets very few teams will be open and honest about what they are paying, and you can understand people keeping that close to their chests, but that is usually for the reasons they do not want players trying it on etc, you only have to look at the Havant chairman coming out in the press and saying what types of players he is looking to sign and the fact that they would be happy to pay £1000 a week for a top striker, he has just made his managers job very hard when it comes to agreeing terms with players, as they all know they are paying out fortunes... which can sometimes attract the wrong type of player also.

Anyway that is just my 2 pennies worth... hope everyone is having a good off season, and is looking forward to it all starting again ( i know i am)

This is an interesting subject for us supporters,but all we can do is guess what clubs pay,I haven't got a clue what my club Epsom pay,(if any)all I know is we've lost a few of our better players over the last couple of seasons and we've struggled to replace them,The first reason would be to say that they've all left for more money,so maybe if we had one of these so called big budgets these players might still be with us.On the other hand I do know that Alex Rodrigues and Paul Borg both live a lot nearer to

Egham football club than they do to Merstham football club,I also hear that Kyle Hough lives in Horley now which would explain his decision to play there,As for Dale Marvell,Ive heard he's a good friend of the Egham manager, so maybe its not all about the money,over to you Nice Guy

It may not be word for word but for a £500 bet you would think the chairman would have the balls to say how much he was out with his £65 k remark thats if he,s wrong at the end of the day if you guys are happy throwing pots of money at trying to get out of this league thats fine but with the baggage the club seem to have maybe a bit of transparency might help?

Have I slipped through some sort of time warp machine and found myself having travelled 12 months or so back in time? WTF should anyone associated with any club justify their club's actions on an internet forum where people hide behind pseudonyms? Whatever decisions that are made at Windsor FC will be made with the interests of the club, supporters and town in mind. There are a fair number of people connected with the club who were not involved when Windsor & Eton were in existence.

For further information, I suggest that you go through the hundreds of threads on this forum where WFC / W&EFC have been discussed.

I have absolutely no interest in discussing things like this on here. Where I may discuss them is with officials from other clubs in the sanctity of a board room - and that is where any such discussions will remain from my point of view.

Duncs. i felt like responding to the last comment, that no manager should be paid, well even though i don't take a penny at Godalming, that is not to say managers don't deserve a penny, i feel that we deserve to get paid for the work Jon and i do, but at the same time we would prefer a better side, so forfeit any money we could take, as a better side will hopefully enhance the chances of our team, and therefore improving our reputations.

I think that most managers out there work their socks off, whether it is step 4, 5 or step 6, and to say they don't deserve a penny i think is unfair, if any manager out there is getting paid they probably do deserve it, i am sure when you bring in to the equation time spent talking to players, petrol costs, phone bills, (cost of burgers in my case ;) ) etc then it is probably only going to cover costs if anything.

Infact i think that managing at step 6 is harder than step 4, and was a conversation i was having with Unders when we were driving down to the Ryman awards last night (and i am speaking from experience having started at step 6 with Fleet Spurs), at step 4 a lot of the lads are geared up for training Tuesdays and Thursdays, and expect to travel for games, and just get on with it, and we do not find ourselves having to ring players to make sure they are going to be at grounds on time, whereas when i was at Fleet i would be constantly on the phone making sure that players had left (when we were travelling down to the coast for example) also you would find that the players did not have the same commitment (not saying that is the case for everyone) when it came to things like training etc, often i would get a text message 5 minutes before sessions were starting to say they were caught at work etc etc....

Knowing how much time i put into management personally, and that i am not alone in the hours i put in, then any manager that takes money good luck to you!!!

In terms of budgets very few teams will be open and honest about what they are paying, and you can understand people keeping that close to their chests, but that is usually for the reasons they do not want players trying it on etc, you only have to look at the Havant chairman coming out in the press and saying what types of players he is looking to sign and the fact that they would be happy to pay £1000 a week for a top striker, he has just made his managers job very hard when it comes to agreeing terms with players, as they all know they are paying out fortunes... which can sometimes attract the wrong type of player also.

Anyway that is just my 2 pennies worth... hope everyone is having a good off season, and is looking forward to it all starting again ( i know i am)

I disagre entirely this is the problem when people take on a managers job at this level it is 24/7 and it's the reason I don't do it anymore,I wouldn't like to estimate how much in fuel and phone calls and lost income it has cost me in the last 10 years,if you are not prepaired for this then be an asisstant like myself,the budget must be for the players and not the management just think of the problems if the manager could pay himself I think the club would suffer in the long run

Offside, the chairman wouldn't need to say how much he was out by just whom is correct in their statements. I would also add that we don't have any baggage because we're a new club but, if we did have any, it would still only be our business and nobody elses !

You seem to be missing the point of my posts though which are primarity to call NG out. He comes on gving it this and that so I've simply asked him to back up his bullshit by accepting a bet [for charity]. To date he's declined my offer when, if his facts were based on truth, he should be biting my hand off, so does that mean he's admitting that he's a bullshitter or just doesn't have the balls to back up his claims. Either way if he declines the challenge at least everyone who uses this forum will know for a fact that they should no longer listen to his spoutings as he couldn't even be bothered to confirm his so-called inside information even when claiming it had come from sources inside the club.

My offer of a bet stands for one week only at which point he has to grow a pair and front up or slink away into the place where internet Trolls usually hang out !

Duncs i think you can tell from my comment that i dont want or expect to be paid, i could take money no problems if i wanted, but i signed up to everything about being a manager, and between Jon and i we work our nuts off, just dont think it should be frowned upon if a manager does get paid... Just my views, mine and yours differ no issues, but that is what is great about a forum...

Offside, the chairman wouldn't need to say how much he was out by just whom is correct in their statements. I would also add that we don't have any baggage because we're a new club but, if we did have any, it would still only be our business and nobody elses !

You seem to be missing the point of my posts though which are primarity to call NG out. He comes on gving it this and that so I've simply asked him to back up his bullshit by accepting a bet [for charity]. To date he's declined my offer when, if his facts were based on truth, he should be biting my hand off, so does that mean he's admitting that he's a bullshitter or just doesn't have the balls to back up his claims. Either way if he declines the challenge at least everyone who uses this forum will know for a fact that they should no longer listen to his spoutings as he couldn't even be bothered to confirm his so-called inside information even when claiming it had come from sources inside the club.

My offer of a bet stands for one week only at which point he has to grow a pair and front up or slink away into the place where internet Trolls usually hang out !

Back in December last year, when NG refused time and time again to back up his claims on the subject of Windsor's fantasy budget of £1800pw, I posted the following:

NICE GUY, you are chock full of the brown stuff.

End of.

He has no balls and will not take up the bet. Unfortunately he won't slink away either, he gets too many jollies on here. wank.gif

How many clubs do you know who give this information? Why should Windsor be any different?

Because of the past. I have no interest for instance what budget if any Cove have got Dean but then you or Cove didn't go bankrupt a season ago owing ridiculous amounts of money.

Don't you receive a hire car for your troubles, with godalming advertised on it?

Ha ha, yes i do!!! but i still have costs on this... but this is an agreement with FG Barnes of Guildford!!!

I am not saying i am a martyr etc, but i am just sticking up for managers out there who do work their socks off, and is my personal view that if they can get paid for their time then i think they deserve it...

Duncs stated his point, and i stated mine...

Bakes

Edited by Neil Baker