Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This season budgets

We are waiting for our windfall before we decide how much to charge the players to sign on!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3YdyAp180&feature=fvwrel

There appears to be a good sized budget at Knaphill, Frimley Green and Eversley in Div 1 this season....all looking for promotion I assume. Who can blame them as it seemed to work for the 'big budget boys' who won promotion last year!!

we at bedfont paid nothing we got promoted because were a good side with great team spirit

I dont think any player should be peid at this level but the fact is they are and some of them are extremely well paid there is never gonna be a level playing field which is why teams who dont have a budget can consider themselves sucessful if they remain in the league,surely the ones with the budgets should be aiming to win something or what is the point,many of the clubs who pay players can't afford to do so and always end up in a financial mess you don't get a better player for 10 or 20 pounds but you do get into difficulties if you have to pay it every week and thats why it always turns out ugly,give me someone (probably a local lad )who wants to play for a club and would rather spend money than the 10 or 20 pound merchant who will wait untill 6 o'clock go to another club to spend it.

You have spouted some rubbish in duel with NG but that is a top post and 100% agree. For me it should not cost players to play at this level and the clubs should treat them well with decent kit, nice food after games etc. Lets get back to local lads playing for their local clubs but I fear that will never return :(

We are waiting for our windfall before we decide how much to charge the players to sign on!!!

Must have already had it YV as I have not received a begging letter this year ;)

i agree with that i played for my local club never got paid an won the div 1 twice now with bedfont still local dont get paid an been promoted both sid3es ive played for dont pay but are mostly local fellas who want to play for the club there are no mercenaries just wanting money

Knaphill have not got a budget, I think there are to many rumours about clubs budgets which are untrue, plus I've heard players talk about how much they are on and I know for a fact that they were lying. I had one player last season who told friends in a pub that he was on £200 a week at Knaphill, so another player called me and put me on loud speaker in front of the player and his mates and I put him right as in fact he got nothing like everyone.

Newby is lying by the way he was on £40 a game at Lammas and only left cos Sports doubled his wages for his services.

Knaphill have not got a budget, I think there are to many rumours about clubs budgets which are untrue, plus I've heard players talk about how much they are on and I know for a fact that they were lying. I had one player last season who told friends in a pub that he was on £200 a week at Knaphill, so another player called me and put me on loud speaker in front of the player and his mates and I put him right as in fact he got nothing like everyone.

Newby is lying by the way he was on £40 a game at Lammas and only left cos Sports doubled his wages for his services.

money well spent then two league titles an a promotion cheap for a skipper id say ellers....................

I have been in the first team at hanworth 10 years now and we do get looked after now but nothing like the money some clubs pay i have turned down alot of clubs who have offered a lot of money over the years to stay and play with my mates and family and for a team of mates we did well last year and are looking forward to doing better this year i know the boys cant wait for guernsey away i think there could be a few missed flights on the way back.

I have been in the first team at hanworth 10 years now and we do get looked after now but nothing like the money some clubs pay i have turned down alot of clubs who have offered a lot of money over the years to stay and play with my mates and family and for a team of mates we did well last year and are looking forward to doing better this year i know the boys cant wait for guernsey away i think there could be a few missed flights on the way back.

tel i reckon most of you will miss the flights back lol

tel i reckon most of you will miss the flights back lol

definetly mate you should come with us shaun no doubt you will be injured again haha

I agree with Dunce 100% ,this league is a stepping stone or a shop window for bigger clubs to find new tallent ,

As for Knaphill of what i know about there chairman hes a young family man who lives for his club and wouldnt have pots of money to splash out so dout they are paying they seem a good well run outfit and that attracts decent players and a good manager of cource

I dont think any player should be peid at this level but the fact is they are and some of them are extremely well paid there is never gonna be a level playing field which is why teams who dont have a budget can consider themselves sucessful if they remain in the league,surely the ones with the budgets should be aiming to win something or what is the point,many of the clubs who pay players can't afford to do so and always end up in a financial mess you don't get a better player for 10 or 20 pounds but you do get into difficulties if you have to pay it every week and thats why it always turns out ugly,give me someone (probably a local lad )who wants to play for a club and would rather spend money than the 10 or 20 pound merchant who will wait untill 6 o'clock go to another club to spend it.

You have spouted some rubbish in duel with NG but that is a top post and 100% agree. For me it should not cost players to play at this level and the clubs should treat them well with decent kit, nice food after games etc. Lets get back to local lads playing for their local clubs but I fear that will never return :(

So where would the clubs who generate a reasonable income go?

Windsor attract an average gate of say 250, which presumably brings in circa £1000 per game, plus bar and food take, plus other fund raising - who gets that money if nothing goes to the players?

If the fans thought their money was only going to line the pockets of the Chairman and Committee the gates would drop significantly.

Although I totally appreciate that some clubs cannot afford to pay their players the suggested model that everyone should do the same is fanciful and somewhat naive.

So where would the clubs who generate a reasonable income go?

Windsor attract an average gate of say 250, which presumably brings in circa £1000 per game, plus bar and food take, plus other fund raising - who gets that money if nothing goes to the players?

If the fans thought their money was only going to line the pockets of the Chairman and Committee the gates would drop significantly.

Although I totally appreciate that some clubs cannot afford to pay their players the suggested model that everyone should do the same is fanciful and somewhat naive.

thought you were never posting again Rother :) I agree with both you and Duncs. It is rare a team at this level brings in enough money to be able to pay players. I think Duncs was pointing the finger at clubs who pay money out over and above what they bring in.