Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This season budgets

So where would the clubs who generate a reasonable income go?

Windsor attract an average gate of say 250, which presumably brings in circa £1000 per game, plus bar and food take, plus other fund raising - who gets that money if nothing goes to the players?

If the fans thought their money was only going to line the pockets of the Chairman and Committee the gates would drop significantly.

Although I totally appreciate that some clubs cannot afford to pay their players the suggested model that everyone should do the same is fanciful and somewhat naive.

Well it could be invested in infrastructure, ground improvements, pitch improvements etc etc.

Edited by TRS

What's the budget at Eversley next season Chubby?

Think div 1 will be very competitive again

You'd have to tell me Daniel as I have no idea - all I know is that speaking to several players who your management team have approached are being offered some fairly good money for CCL1. Surely if you are to keep the likes of Matt Baker then he will need some kind of money as I know for a fact he has been offered to the opportunity to play higher up the ladder. Fair play if you have the funds available to offer money but just be careful!

I dont think any player should be peid at this level but the fact is they are and some of them are extremely well paid there is never gonna be a level playing field which is why teams who dont have a budget can consider themselves sucessful if they remain in the league,surely the ones with the budgets should be aiming to win something or what is the point,many of the clubs who pay players can't afford to do so and always end up in a financial mess you don't get a better player for 10 or 20 pounds but you do get into difficulties if you have to pay it every week and thats why it always turns out ugly,give me someone (probably a local lad )who wants to play for a club and would rather spend money than the 10 or 20 pound merchant who will wait untill 6 o'clock go to another club to spend it.

You have spouted some rubbish in duel with NG but that is a top post and 100% agree. For me it should not cost players to play at this level and the clubs should treat them well with decent kit, nice food after games etc. Lets get back to local lads playing for their local clubs but I fear that will never return :(

So where would the clubs who generate a reasonable income go?

Windsor attract an average gate of say 250, which presumably brings in circa £1000 per game, plus bar and food take, plus other fund raising - who gets that money if nothing goes to the players?

If the fans thought their money was only going to line the pockets of the Chairman and Committee the gates would drop significantly.

Although I totally appreciate that some clubs cannot afford to pay their players the suggested model that everyone should do the same is fanciful and somewhat naive.

Blimey Roths feel something coming over me as I agree, its nice to read something sensible and honest about Windsor at last.

I think your Chairman did well to open up any transparency by stating that Windsor have a very good budget for CCL level. Very honorable and honest thats all I/we were looking for.

Supporters come to support the club by using and spending their hard earnt money on the clubs amenities, but most of all they pay their entrance to watch their team/players, so in theory supporters help pay towards the players/management budget and by using the clubs amenities that goes towards the club, well thats how it should work, but it would appear that the gate, bar and food money,all goes towards paying for Windsors budget ! BUT lets not forget sponsorship money as well......remember every little helps... LOL !!!

We are waiting for our windfall before we decide how much to charge the players to sign on!!!

Must have already had it YV as I have not received a begging letter this year ;)

Bloody Royal Mail are useless, I'll send another one ;)

What's the budget at Eversley next season Chubby?

Think div 1 will be very competitive again

You'd have to tell me Daniel as I have no idea - all I know is that speaking to several players who your management team have approached are being offered some fairly good money for CCL1. Surely if you are to keep the likes of Matt Baker then he will need some kind of money as I know for a fact he has been offered to the opportunity to play higher up the ladder. Fair play if you have the funds available to offer money but just be careful!

What players have you heard we have approached?

This season players will not be paying a signing on fee (last season £120) for the first time in my 13 years on the committee.

We are looking into what type of budget figure we can put together as well. Having amalgamated with the california youth section we have a much larger and more diverse committee now. All funds will be generated by the club,so no risk of any financial issues in the future.

That's about all I can confirm at this point. Happy to answer any questions anyone has though

I see windsor went pop and dropped out of there league owening a lot of money (£240k) i wounder if there gate bar and food income was well spent on players wages to the point of the club going bust !,,

Our snipers in Afghanistan would be proud of you staying concealed for 16 months before letting a shot off ! Only problem is you are firing blanks as Windsor [note the capital 'w'] didn't exist until February 2011.

Perhaps you meant Windsor and Eton FC but then again perhaps you meant 'owing', 'wonder', 'their' and 'I' ?

Despites 'offsides' spelling and grammatical errors I feel sure he had a legitimate point, however Windsor Fc are a welcome addition to the CC Premier

fanks for the spelling lesson lads but the facts are windsor went bust coz they couldnt handle the financial side of there club probably because of there wage bill,,,and rather than slash there wages to reduce the debt and maybe get relagated honorably.what did they do go pop owing shed loads and then get put into a league because of the ground gradeing,,,im not having a go at Windsor just highlighting that if a club pay to much out on players this is what happens as wages arnt a fixed overhead and maybe theres a lesson for all those clubs paying out more than they have coming in dont let the tail wag the dog !!

fanks for the spelling lesson lads but the facts are windsor went bust coz they couldnt handle the financial side of there club probably because of there wage bill,,,and rather than slash there wages to reduce the debt and maybe get relagated honorably.what did they do go pop owing shed loads and then get put into a league because of the ground gradeing,,,im not having a go at Windsor just highlighting that if a club pay to much out on players this is what happens as wages arnt a fixed overhead and maybe theres a lesson for all those clubs paying out more than they have coming in dont let the tail wag the dog !!

I believe that players were also owed money by Windsor & Eton before going bust ?

This also highlights whilst there would be an income coming thru' the gates at Windsor when playing at home, where does the funds come from when they play away and NO funds are coming thru' the gates, yet they still have a management/players budget of £1800.00+ per week to find ?....so where does the club get that amount of money ? One can only assume from sponsorship, a bit like Guernsey whos players do not get paid... ;) ?.....interesting.......!

............. And I always thought budgies were always roughly the same size !!

Only real difference is that some are green and yellow, and others are blue and yellow !!

:ph34r:

:bolt:

I thought you were meant to be knowledgable about how clubs were run NG ? Do you honestly believe clubhouses are only open on match days and aren't used by other groups and for private parties, etc. ? Football by itself is not self-sustainable therefore clubs have to diversify to maximise the income from facilities that cannot be allowed to stand unused 7 days a week !

With regards to budgets, once again you're spouting what ours will be for the forthcoming season and, once again, I am calling you a liar.

Here's my proposal to put this to bed once and for all:- a £500 bet for the winners' charity of choice and a full grovelling apology for being an ass on this forum based on you saying our budget is £65k+ [or £1.8k+ per week] and me saying it is nowhere near that, with the Chairman [Who you yourself have described as an honest man] being the one who clarifies the bet. So NG show us you've got a pair or leave it alone once and for all ?

I thought you were meant to be knowledgable about how clubs were run NG ? Do you honestly believe clubhouses are only open on match days and aren't used by other groups and for private parties, etc. ? Football by itself is not self-sustainable therefore clubs have to diversify to maximise the income from facilities that cannot be allowed to stand unused 7 days a week !

With regards to budgets, once again you're spouting what ours will be for the forthcoming season and, once again, I am calling you a liar.

Here's my proposal to put this to bed once and for all:- a £500 bet for the winners' charity of choice and a full grovelling apology for being an ass on this forum based on you saying our budget is £65k+ [or £1.8k+ per week] and me saying it is nowhere near that, with the Chairman [Who you yourself have described as an honest man] being the one who clarifies the bet. So NG show us you've got a pair or leave it alone once and for all ?

Infact some clubs are only open on Training and match days ......thought you knew knowledgeable on how clubs are run !...unfortunately 'cos of that, those clubs do not have the budget Windsor have.

,....so get off your high horse, what you got no football blues :o ! All I've asked is a legitimate question where the money comes from to pay the the management/players budget when Windsor play away ? I thought sponsorship would play a part in that and you clarified otherwise. I take that Windsor will oblige with written eveidence of the players/management budget to confirm the contrary then? ;)

Well said Windsor Sec,you have 'GILBERT HARDINGED' the mouth known as NICE GUY.Will he take up the challenge,has he got £500,or is that just small potatoes to him.Only time will tell my money is on you though,I LOVE WINDSOR.

Well said Windsor Sec,you have 'GILBERT HARDINGED' the mouth known as NICE GUY.Will he take up the challenge,has he got £500,or is that just small potatoes to him.Only time will tell my money is on you though,I LOVE WINDSOR.

You amaze me Smudgeyboy, you are contradictory about Windsor as you are Guernsey, one moment you hate them then you love them.......so lets see how the land lies first eh.... in my day we called it being TWO FACED !

I have a nickname for you now............... ;) !

Take up the Challenge Nice Guy,rather than deflecting the Flak,into my backyard.On this occassion I will turn the other Cheek,and be a Good Samaritan,have you got £500,or up it to £1000 and 'Isobel Barnett ' Windsor Sec,see what his response is.I LOVE NICE GUY!!!!!

Take up the Challenge Nice Guy,rather than deflecting the Flak,into my backyard.On this occassion I will turn the other Cheek,and be a Good Samaritan,have you got £500,or up it to £1000 and 'Isobel Barnett ' Windsor Sec,see what his response is.I LOVE NICE GUY!!!!!

Ha ha TWO FACE I have commented on the said post what Windsor have to do.... :rolleyes: . I know for a fact first hand the Windsor's ORIGINAL budget last season was £1800 per week remember that covered both management and players, but heard it had been increased towards the latter part of the season, to cover additional players money and bonuses.

I cannot imagine it being much different this season, but I will find out.......... ;) !!!

But you never took up the challenge, put to you did you?You as usual, just asked another question.Now lets delve a little deeper,into you knowing what was their original budget last season.The only way you could of known this first hand,and been so sure of your facts,is that you were interviewed for the Managers Position.Then because of Sour Grapes,you have harked on about it,ever since.IS THAT NOT THE TRUTH?

But you never took up the challenge, put to you did you?You as usual, just asked another question.Now lets delve a little deeper,into you knowing what was their original budget last season.The only way you could of known this first hand,and been so sure of your facts,is that you were interviewed for the Managers Position.Then because of Sour Grapes,you have harked on about it,ever since.IS THAT NOT THE TRUTH?

WRONG TWO FACE !!! Never mind how I know and certainly don't have sour grapes........I harked on about ''it'' 'cos of the Windsor Forumites denial until their Chairman admitted at the end of last season...

Again TWO FACE if you read my previous posts about Windsor in general, you will find them very complimentary...... :P