Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How the mighty fall!

I know it is not SSML related but i cant believe whats happening to Glasgow Rangers FC.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9354402/Police-instructed-to-open-criminal-investigation-into-Rangers-FC.html

Should throw the book at them.

Relegation, fines and transfer embargo.

It reminds me of a certain SSML Premier Division Club in 2008/2009 except that they weren't relegated!

Edited by Rhodes

I remember when Rangers played Zenit at the City of Manchester Stadium in the 2008 UEFA Cup Final and over 150,000 Gers fans descended on Manchester, it's very sad what has happened to the Club

I remember when Rangers played Zenit at the City of Manchester Stadium in the 2008 UEFA Cup Final and over 150,000 Gers fans descended on Manchester, it's very sad what has happened to the Club

It is a bit of a shock that such a big club is in so much trouble. It does look like Division 1 for them next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18625293

It is a bit of a shock that such a big club is in so much trouble. It does look like Division 1 for them next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18625293

They should be starting in Division 3. At best.

Totally agree Division Three, we need a strong deterrent to punish these offending clubs, the big money boys cannot be allowed to get away with it so cheaply.

I beg to differ, I think Rangers have been very harshly treated by the Scottish Premier League (SPL)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18625293

SB I read that Brentford have bought land to build a new ground.

Sjj2112 - The SPL should have tried much harder to find a better solution and kept Rangers in the top flight at all costs, all their actions have succeeded in doing is handing the SPL to Celtic on a plate next season, and every season until Rangers have managed to re-group, what's the point of that

3praise - You're missing the point though, who's going to be interested in the SPL now as Celtic will have it wrapped up by February or early March

With Rangers out the way it could give one maybe two others teams the incentive to invest and challenge Celtic. If that does occur then the SPL could become more then the 2 horse race it has always been giving the SPL new investors/competition-increased revenue and bigger attendances.

3praise - You're missing the point though, who's going to be interested in the SPL now as Celtic will have it wrapped up by February or early March

To be fair no one in England is interested in the SPL and now, will even be more dis-interested. Dare say Sky and ESPN will now pull out and the league's will go down the plug hole. And this is from a Gers fan.

I know on a completely different scale but we run our club honestly, so they should start in Div 3.

With Rangers out the way it could give one maybe two others teams the incentive to invest and challenge Celtic

Like Motherwell and the Jam Tarts you mean for example, somehow I doubt it