Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NOT good enought TOWN

Let's not get distracted with the late arrival or the LONG delay for the injury

TOWN were POOR yet again at home

This is not good enough, I really don't want to hear the excuses.

I brought people with meto watch their local team and who can blame them for MOANING about how crap that was today

Sort it or lose more supporters

The problem is that although we may have 6 points from 9, it could so easily have been 0 from 9. We seem to have been very fortunate in our first 2 games.

I'm worried, worried that Steve's policy of 'giving last year's side a chance at this level' is going to backfire. Let's not forget that we only just scraped our way out of Division 1 North via the play-offs. So far only Imber, Lockie, Kirby and Hope look good enough for this level. We are being outclassed in midfield, Barber seems to be struggling (- perhaps its confidence) and it is only a matter of time before we find ourselves on the end of a hammering. You get alot less time on the ball at this level, and so far the players haven't really shown that they can adapt to that.

Whitehawk were a quality side - far more 'professional' than Town and would've beaten us with 9 players, let alone 10! McGleish was a class apart at times, as was their experienced centre half.

Steve needs to bring in some quality. I don't know where he'll find it, but if he doesn't this could be a long old season hoping for survival.

We all need to accept that on the whole quality costs money . Scott Mcgleish alone is on reputedly a third of Steves budget alone as I understand it. I think we all need to have a reality check here and accept where we are and where we have come from in a short period of time. I'm sure with Steves connections and the fact that Steve and Scott Mcgleish are good mates that if we had the finances he would rather play locally ( lives a lot closer to us than Brighton ) . We will be right at the lower end of the Ryman Premier budgets as Steve said in his program notes today and I for one would take staying in the division this year as the main objective. I also heard today some fans singling out players at times for abuse, yes we have a right to voice an opinion but they are our players trying their best , if it isn't good enough sometimes then so be it , but knowing Steve if it can be improved wigeon the resource available to him it will be I'm sure. Perhaps we shouldn't have gone up so we could be at the top end of the Ryman North season in season out or maybe playing the likes of Margate and Lowestoft etc rather than Ilford and Ware is more appealing bit yes a hell of a lot more difficult. I think some of us should wise up and be grateful that we are where we are and have a management team and players that seem to care as much as us.

But, Comeon, some of us remember an Enfield side being at the very top of the non-league pyramid, with some of the best players outside the football league, FA Cup trips to what are now Premiership clubs, visits to Wembley. We want that again. I agree that perhaps its unrealistic to think that we can achieve that any time soon, but sure 'a man's reach should exceed his grasp'?

IF we can stay up this year, then will things improve next year? Is there likely to be a bigger budget? Or will we be thrashing around the relegation zone year on year with low attendances? We want to see progress, and at the moment the team appears no better than last year. I hoped that Ryman Premier football would attract better players and more attractive football. That simply hasn't happened - unless you count the opposition!

R.e. Danny Barber. The problem for some seems to be in relation to Jey Siva. Jey was much-loved for his attacking flair. Defensively he was a little suspect though, and I suspect that is why Barber was brought in last season. Unfortunately he was a bit hit and miss at the end of last season and seems to be struggling this. Perhaps Jey needs to be given a go - he can't even get on the bench at the moment!

I'm hoping that Steve can unearth some midfield gem who will pull the strings...but he hasn't found him yet.

So far only Imber, Lockie, Kirby and Hope look good enough for this level.

So we just bin the rest of the squad then??

We are three games into the season.... .... Whitehawk are throwing money around with players like Matt Lawrence and Scott McGleish who were playing in the football league last season as ComeOne points out....one of their subs was Ryan James whom was at Oxford United last season!!!

Steve Newing's programme notes stated "we will have some difficult periods this season so we should enjoy the good times, but not get too down when things don't go as planned. That is installed in the dressing room already and I hope you the supporters who own the club but into this with us as well"

Crowing Cockerel - Progress takes time. We were never going to walk the league with so many quality teams in it.

But, Comeon, some of us remember an Enfield side being at the very top of the non-league pyramid, with some of the best players outside the football league, FA Cup trips to what are now Premiership clubs, visits to Wembley. We want that again. I agree that perhaps its unrealistic to think that we can achieve that any time soon, but sure 'a man's reach should exceed his grasp'?

IF we can stay up this year, then will things improve next year? Is there likely to be a bigger budget? Or will we be thrashing around the relegation zone year on year with low attendances? We want to see progress, and at the moment the team appears no better than last year. I hoped that Ryman Premier football would attract better players and more attractive football. That simply hasn't happened - unless you count the opposition!

R.e. Danny Barber. The problem for some seems to be in relation to Jey Siva. Jey was much-loved for his attacking flair. Defensively he was a little suspect though, and I suspect that is why Barber was brought in last season. Unfortunately he was a bit hit and miss at the end of last season and seems to be struggling this. Perhaps Jey needs to be given a go - he can't even get on the bench at the moment!

I'm hoping that Steve can unearth some midfield gem who will pull the strings...but he hasn't found him yet.

I would say it's catch 22 , the club is self sustaining we don't have a money man running the club ploughing in money ( like some ). It is the best way to ensure the club survives , look at the problems Truro are facing right now . Re the players at any level of football the best players cost the most money so following the above Steve has a budget to work to and as such getting players he may wants would like isn't as easy as it sounds. I think we should all get behind the team and support and encourage as much as possible. Steve doesn't appear to be hiding he has said we were fortunate to pick up maximum points from the first two matches so he sees what we see. Re the glory days back then we had the best players because we could afford them. The world and are place in Non League football is

Let's not get distracted with the late arrival or the LONG delay for the injury

TOWN were POOR yet again at home

This is not good enough, I really don't want to hear the excuses.

I brought people with meto watch their local team and who can blame them for MOANING about how crap that was today

Sort it or lose more supporters

Well I can think of one that I wouldn't mind losing....

( sorry pressed the submit to soon ) not what it was right now. We have our own ground and over time if the club is able to progress further and further it will but I'm sure it will be slow and gradual and not happen overnight. Unless one of us wins Euromillions lol

Edited by comeon

Interesting comment. Our wage budget is based on what the club can afford. It's not the lowest in the league, but absolutely nowhwhere near the highest. If Scott McGleish (for example) had signed for us that would have taken up about a third of our budget, from what I am led to believe. If we should be 'spending some money', do you have any to give to the club, as you can't spend what you don't have?

Finally, interesting comment that we should be 'pissing this league'. What is that based on? The bookies certainly don't agree, and you rarely see a poor bookie.

Papa Lazarou -

Here's an idea...why not find a wealthy local business man to plough bundles of money into the club like a certain now defunct local club did around 20 odd years ago? That worked out well didn't it!

How come everyone seems to know what the budget is for every team in the league?

everyone else has sixpence and we have thrupenny bits!

Even tho we got promoted last season there were not many good or comfortable performances

Now that squad is playing at a higher level,it is going to be tougher and not be pretty

if we want to stay in this league then we need a better team than one that was promoted; that is logical

results will bring people in; performances like that will drive them away

I cant quite believe what I am reading! We are 3 games in, we have 6 points and yet the first sign of a poor result all the slaters come back on here with the knives out!!

I asked before the season started (on another post) that we ALL need to get behind the team and be positive and supportive for us to stand a chance of doing well this season and the first chance you get you are negative towards, Steve, the players & the board. Quite frankly I would be delighted to have attendances of only 200 each week if it meant the negative fans stayed away. OUR club needs us all to pull together not be divided with such silly negative comments especially after 3 games.

One final thought...Who honestly expected 9 points from first 3 games?? Oh yeh sorry Papa you did...jog on and keep jogging!!

i was at yesturday's game we were unlucky with hope's second shot hitting the bar, on another day it might have gone in,lucky to get the pen for our first goal then feel asleep for two miuets and two gaols conceded (from where i stood did it cross the line or hit the inside of the post?????) then the horrible clash of heads,,,,did it have an efect on the players ?????we played some good football for periods again third goal where i was was it offside ?????? we were unlucky keepker played well and had some very good ex pro players there as someone else said they got the money,we are surporters club not a mega rich chairman club,if the moners want better players put you hands in your pockets and why not pay them yourself. We have a budgetyou cant go over it you got a line to work on . lambert_simnel who are you and as for pappa talking out your a**e again

I cant quite believe what I am reading! We are 3 games in, we have 6 points and yet the first sign of a poor result all the slaters come back on here with the knives out!!

I asked before the season started (on another post) that we ALL need to get behind the team and be positive and supportive for us to stand a chance of doing well this season and the first chance you get you are negative towards, Steve, the players & the board. Quite frankly I would be delighted to have attendances of only 200 each week if it meant the negative fans stayed away. OUR club needs us all to pull together not be divided with such silly negative comments especially after 3 games.

One final thought...Who honestly expected 9 points from first 3 games?? Oh yeh sorry Papa you did...jog on and keep jogging!!

well said stone cold

Even tho we got promoted last season there were not many good or comfortable performances

SERIOUSLY!!! Did we not come 2nd in the League, win the play off final and have the clubs best season ever??

5-0 away at Cheshunt, 5-0 at home to Ilford, 4-0 away at Soham, 3-0 at home to Chatham, 3-1 at home to Heybridge, 5-0 @ Romford, 3-0 @ home to Redbridge...i could go on with the comfortable performances.....

the good performances I could probably list about 80% of the games.

I agree the squad will need to be strengthened and Steve will do so when the time is right. We must support and trust him (and the team) as he has shown he knows what he's doing and talking about. To lay into the team when we've got 6pts already and lost against a Whitehawk side whom are second favourites for the title is counter productive.

jog on and keep jogging!!

Stonecold, I give it one more defeat before PL starts a Steve Newing out campaign...he did so last year and was made to eat his words at the end of the season...

PL is either a wabbey fan or a club 18-30 fan. we all knwo that, and should completley ignore the sad tw@t.

7 points from 12 will be mid table form, and we woudl all settle for that. the worst thign we coudl have done was to get in a whoel load of new players at the start fo teh season. look at QPR. it gives the current team no reason to get promoted if they know they are goign to get shipped out. evolution not revolution. there isnt a massive difference between thsi leageu and R1N and so we need to give them a chance.

i just don't knwo why soem people around this club are so glass half empty all the time. we have worked a minor miracle here, we should be proud. and yes we do want to progress, conference etc, but we need to take the opportunities when they present themselves like last season not force the issue.