Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Challenge Cup (with Budweiser) 2012/21013

My main point was that no one from Langford has said anything, however someone from Berkhamsted has and that was ignored

Yes but Berkhamsted aren’t playing Wembley are they, you can bet your bottom dollar though that Mick Vipond was on his knees praying Wembley won the replay against Uxbridge

Yes but Berkhamsted aren’t playing Wembley are they, you can bet your bottom dollar though that Mick Vipond was on his knees praying Wembley won the replay against Uxbridge

Would disagree there to a point, the TV coverage and that would be nice but guess his main priority is irrespective of who he plays is getting his club into the next round????

My earlier post only represents my view as a Berko supporter on the whole Wembley shambles and not necessarily the views of those who hold positions within the club. Im sure the extra publicity of playing Wembley would have been welcomed by many, as would any revenue the club may have recieved from the tie but it is Uxbridge who were the better team in their replay and in my opinion have prevented Berko from being involved in this shameful publicity stunt from budwieser. I look forward to Saturday and visiting Uxbridge win, lose or draw im sure it will be a good day for all.

Crikey, people usually ask why non league isn't better supported, why they can't attract fans given that there are so many higher placed teams surrounding them. There's always someone asking how they can promote non league and their team, where they can find extra funding etc etc. So it takes a "stunt" to get a game (even two) on ESPN and probably watched by a few hundred thousand who can't get a quick fix with nothing else worth watching on and given the quality displayed by both teams during the first game and then particularly by Uxbridge in the replay now there just might be a few hundred wondering where they can see some football that doesn't cost them an arm, a leg or a separate mortgage but still, "Dirty Pool Wembley!! How dare you bring in some "names" to raise the profile of the game!!".

Sometimes the trouble with non league people is that they just don't want any johnny come latelys to take an interest at all.

The ESPN games were a bloody good advertisement for all that is good about non league, shame some people just don't want to see it.

Do ESPN have any intentions of screening any further FA Cup qualifying matches now Wembley all stars are out? I am pretty sure they wont which I think IS a shame as its a perfect opportunity to publicize non league football to the wider audience.

Edited by you aint got a castle

You aint got a castle - How is Mick Vipond doing at Berkhamsted these days, is he enjoying the job as I heard on the grapevine that he was considering retirement a while back

Do ESPN have any intentions of screening any further FA Cup qualifying matches now Wembley all stars are out? I am pretty sure they wont which I think IS a shame as its a perfect opportunity to publicize non league football to the wider audience.

I don't know either, be a shame if they didn't take the opportunity to follow the fixture on up.

Crikey, people usually ask why non league isn't better supported, why they can't attract fans given that there are so many higher placed teams surrounding them. There's always someone asking how they can promote non league and their team, where they can find extra funding etc etc. So it takes a "stunt" to get a game (even two) on ESPN and probably watched by a few hundred thousand who can't get a quick fix with nothing else worth watching on and given the quality displayed by both teams during the first game and then particularly by Uxbridge in the replay now there just might be a few hundred wondering where they can see some football that doesn't cost them an arm, a leg or a separate mortgage but still, "Dirty Pool Wembley!! How dare you bring in some "names" to raise the profile of the game!!".

Sometimes the trouble with non league people is that they just don't want any johnny come latelys to take an interest at all.

The ESPN games were a bloody good advertisement for all that is good about non league, shame some people just don't want to see it.

Loosely – For once I’m in full agreement with you, why can’t you always post sensibly like that. As you suggest why does Non League football always manage to shoot itself in the foot!

Loosely – For once I’m in full agreement with you, why can’t you always post sensibly like that. As you suggest why does Non League football always manage to shoot itself in the foot!

Oh fantastic, I've got it made! All I have to do is post material that you are in agreement with for it to be sensible.

Someone shoot me now please.

Loosely – There you go again, I pay you a compliment and you throw it back in my face.

Wembley’s innovative initiative brought back fond memories of when the FA Cup used to be the FA Cup, Hereford v Newcastle, York v Arsenal, Wrexham v Arsenal, Sutton United v Coventry, Colchester v Leeds, Blythe Spartans v Wrexham and Wimbledon v Leeds all spring to mind don’t they.

It's like a compliment from a pr1ck like you is worth treasuring? It's like a sentence to the Leper Colony so why don't you go and groom a teenager or something?

Loosely – There you go again, I pay you a compliment and you throw it back in my face.

Wembley’s innovative initiative brought back fond memories of when the FA Cup used to be the FA Cup, Hereford v Newcastle, York v Arsenal, Wrexham v Arsenal, Sutton United v Coventry, Colchester v Leeds, Blythe Spartans v Wrexham and Wimbledon v Leeds all spring to mind don’t they.

It's not remotely similar, those games etch on the memory because they were upsets by an underdog. They were proper advertisements for lower level football. Football is massively different, you only need to look at the amount of

Pro clubs at conference level to see that.

It’s not remotely similar

Wembley, and Terry Venables in particular, were merely trying to put the imagination back into the FA Cup which has sadly been lost for a number of years now ever since those ties I mentioned. Take the awful televised draw nowadays for example with ‘the criminal’ Jim Rosenthal, why not bring back a traditional draw at 12.30 on a Monday following the weekends ties when we religiously crowded around a transistor listening to Bryon Butler’s dulcet tones and the rustling of the velvet bag.

Wembley, and Terry Venables in particular, were merely trying to put the imagination back into the FA Cup which has sadly been lost for a number of years now ever since those ties I mentioned. Take the awful televised draw nowadays for example with ‘the criminal’ Jim Rosenthal, why not bring back a traditional draw at 12.30 on a Monday following the weekends ties when we religiously crowded around a transistor listening to Bryon Butler’s dulcet tones and the rustling of the velvet bag.

Interesting you call Rosenthal a criminal, but not Venables. Biggest crook of the lot. And if you think this publicity stunt was about the FA cup rather than money, then you're more deluded than I thought possible.

Interesting you call Rosenthal a criminal

I meant in terms of Rosenthal’s presentation and ramblings between each tie drawn, why can’t he just announce the tie and then stay quiet

Interesting you call Rosenthal a criminal, but not Venables.

Terry Venables is just an old fashioned barrow boy and there’s not a bad bone in his body, similar to Harry Redknapp and various other players of that iconic late 60s early 70s era, unlike nowadays!

Terry Venables is just an old fashioned barrow boy and there’s not a bad bone in his body, similar to Harry Redknapp and various other players of that iconic late 60s early 70s era, unlike nowadays!

I could deal with all the nonsense you spout if you weren't such an insufferable bore, that's the worst thing you are just boring. I'm boring myself even responding to you shame on me