Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor v Sandhurst

Rother

A must-win game?

I wonder whether there'll be any more new players turning out for Windsor.

Report in the Observer refers to a spate of injuries at Sandhurst, which, considering their current position and run of form means we must surely be staring down the barrel of our 1st win.

HOWEVER... that same report says that one Justin Clayton will be playing for Sandhurst! What? He was one of the best players at Stag Meadow in the Southern Premier League in 2010/11 - what's he doing down there?

................and it looks like you got a hefty win at last !!!!

Really proud to be a Windsor FC fan tonight! We've had a very tough few weeks with the team rebuilding but 6-2 win, a great supporters club event with players still there when I left. A great 'club' spirit is building! Really pleased for Mick. He's put a lot of hard work in and today's result was for him!

That was much better, but we mustn't get carried away, the Sandhurst defence was as ponderous as any I have seen at Stag Meadow. (after you, no after you...)

What about that bit of skill from Ben Harris leading to the 2nd penalty? Just, Wow!! (Lets not mention the penalty itself! Back to Tom next game?)

Can't wait for next week now!

Without doubt the most satisfying win since the birth of the new club. Great scenes at the end, there was a real feeling of everybody being in this together.

TRS from CCL forum has done a excellant highlights video of the game.....

Some great footage and possibly the finest "Yosemite Sam" impression I've ever seen by the Sandhurst no3 after the 3rd goal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk6aJfLNGL4&feature=player_embedded

Great stuff! Thanks TRS.

......... and to think, he hails from 'Leafy Dorking' !!

I would say today has been coming, we have played with the same swagger and style we did in the first half in many of our preceeding games; but only in ten or fifteen minute spells and goals just havent come. We have been hit with sucker punches and then not been able to get back in the game. Today I thought the keeper offerd some solidity at the back, he came for a few balls and had no fear of taking man ball or beast. No indecision and some decent distribution as well. The defence got caught a few times but looked more comfortable (maybe because of teh keeper and we looked more controlled in midfield. Ben is clearly a top class player, fantastic finish (the lob) from Laza and today we got what we deserved.

What we need is to take this confidence into the next game and get another 3 points, we moved up to 12th today which is fantastic, but we will fall foul of a decent attacking team, but lots of positives today and I hope we can keep most of that team as we can beat most off the mid table teams performing like that and give a game to the rest.

But one game at a time, great win, lets enjoy it and look forward to next week, keep up the good work Mick and were all behind you!!!

Great Result and hopefully a stepping stone for the rest of the season.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend the fans forum before the game but would be interested to hear anything that came from this? There were some good questions asked in the programme so would it be possible for someone to post some of the answers on here please? If not for a public forum maybe via the supporters club email?

Archived