Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 24th November - Fixtures, Results

For those moaning about refs calling games off at 2pm or so try getting a local ref to do a morning pitch inspection.

It would save everyone time and money if the game is called off early.

Exactly what we do and can't see why it's not standard procedure

After travelling 60 mile round trip to get to see a game of football for the match to be called off just before 2.50 is not the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

The reason for the game being called off "there is heavy rain due in about 20 minutes".

I was told it had been raining in Hoddesdon since just after 9.00am and was due to be raining until 6.00pm (according to the forecast).

Not sure why the official waited till just before kick off to call the game off!!

After travelling 60 mile round trip to get to see a game of football for the match to be called off just before 2.50

That is a joke.

After travelling 60 mile round trip to get to see a game of football for the match to be called off just before 2.50 is not the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

The reason for the game being called off "there is heavy rain due in about 20 minutes".

I was told it had been raining in Hoddesdon since just after 9.00am and was due to be raining until 6.00pm (according to the forecast).

Not sure why the official waited till just before kick off to call the game off!!

Was there a morning pitch inspection?

When the officials arrive just before two o'clock could they have not called it off then?

There are match officials and then there are match officials. :D

We arrived at Stotfold before 2pm and immediately informed the Clubs that the game was on.

I gave a weather forecast for the day to the Referee which was for light rain turning to heavy rain by tea time.

Based on all this information, we were very confidant that we could start and finish the game.

There are match officials and then there are match officials. :D

You hit the nail on the head, indeed one referee's interpretation of the conditions varies to that of another's - just like their interpretations of the rules :P

Pete I totally agree with you there.

There was no chance of that game being played today and like yourself I looked at the forecast and it was not going to ease untill early eveninig.

But then if I can do that so can anyone.........shame people didnt!!!

Do officials get travel expenses if the match is called off before kick off?

You hit the nail on the head, indeed one referee's interpretation of the conditions varies to that of another's - just like their interpretations of the rules :P

Laws. It's interpretation of the Laws. :doh:

Pete I totally agree with you there.

There was no chance of that game being played today and like yourself I looked at the forecast and it was not going to ease untill early eveninig.

But then if I can do that so can anyone.........shame people didnt!!!

Do officials get travel expenses if the match is called off before kick off?

Traveling expense and half match fee.

Rule 15.7.

Just for information, during the inclement weather conditions clubs can call for early pitch inspections but at the end of the day it is the appointed referee that has the final say. Below is the official statement sent to all club secretaries.

Due to the inclement weather we have been suffering from of late, perhaps this is a good time to remind all clubs regarding their responsibilities with reference to pitch inspections.

For all Premier Division games, the referee inspecting the pitch must be a Level 4 or above. He must be on the League list of officials and preferably it should be the match referee who carries out the inspection. If this is not possible, clubs may use a local level 4 referee who is on the list of officials.

For all other matches, a Level 5 referee, or above, must be called in to inspect the pitch. Again, if the match referee is too far away, then use a local referee, as long as he too is on the list of officials.

PLEASE NOTE: THE INSPECTING REFEREE, IF NOT THE APPOINTED MATCH REFEREE, MUST MAKE CONTACT WITH THE MATCH REFEREE FROM THE PITCH THAT HE IS INSPECTING.

When having a pitch inspection, please consider the away club regarding travelling distance.

Any problems when trying to carry out a pitch inspection, please contact me on my mobile. The number is as per the handbook.

Saturday 24th November

PREMIER DIVISION

3-4 Hatfield Town v Leverstock Green

A report on this one:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20121124

Saturday 24th November

LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY Second Round

1-2 Wolverton Town v Buckingham Athletic

A report from another Forum, I wonder why there was no programme:

Wolverton T 1-2 Buckingham Ath

SSML D2 Cup

Att 17 (h/c) Adm/Prog No

Judged this one to be a lesser risk than most today, with the 1.30 ko and slightly later rain arrival forecast.

Large car park in front of clubhouse - through this to the 2 pitches (the far pitch used today, presumably less wet of the two). No facilities on either except that the near pitch had brick dugouts.

Reasonable game in the muddy conditions, Bucks scoring on 40m, Wolves equailsing on 90. I was thinking Extra time could be a struggle both on darkness and wetness issues, but there was still time for Bucks to snatch a winner with literally the last kick of the game. Pretty wet by the end - wouldn't have fancied a 3.00 ko today.