Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Whitehawk v Town - GAME ON

Scoreline

We lost 7-0 at Tonbridge a couple of seasons ago after a disastrous start to the season,some called for the managers head while the hardcore support knew we had lost to some decent sides,we then went 15 unbeaten and while we didn't go up that season,we did the next,with the same manager.We are now 8th in the conference south with what many fans called a manager out of his depth for the ryman prem,thank god those in charge never listened to what was written on the forums

If we look at Enfield's recent run they have gone to two of the league's top sides (Wealdstone and Whitehawk - two sides who have a combined home record of W11, D7, L1 - and I expect Whitehawk to win the title). They also visited Leiston who are one of the league's form teams. It is just a run of tough fixtures.

Key games in January at Carshalton, home to Hastings and away to Cray (Cray have a poor home record). Things ought to be looking better after those matches.

As a Slough Town fan living in Brighton i went along to the game yesterday and think some of you are being a little harsh on exactly what you were up against. Whitehawk are minted beyond belief and their team is full of ex league players and others too good for the Ryman League. But they are all fur coat and no knickers. Grand plans but no fans. The sort of club that leaves me feeling depressed about the state of non league football. They are a housing estate in Brighton that is at best a Sussex County League Team and at some point the bubble will bust as it always does.

On the other hand you lot set up the first ever supporters run club in the country. You have a small budget but supporters (probably half the crowd yesterday) a new ground and a way of working that isn't dictated by the whim of a rich benefactor.

OK results haven't been going your way and as a Slough fan i know how frustrating that can be, but despite our clubs histories, i know which team i wanted to win yesterday and i know what model non league needs to adopt if it has any future.

Keep the faith!

Thanks.

Some good views from outside of the Club.

I for one am certainly not calling for heads to roll, I just think we need some fresh blood in the squad.

Management Board and Team Management do need to act on this as the current squad is undoubtedly short in quality and certainly numbers.

Tuesday is the start of the 2nd part of our season.

Sorry guy's if I came across abrupt in type but I do not intend to offend. I of course agree totally, that every supporter has an opinion and the right to express it strongly :-)

All I'm trying to say is that some views are not realistic to the circumstances and structure we have at ETFC. Thank You to the outside the club comments, I could'nt agree more with the views which have been made.

We do have a very good starting X1 when everyone is fit and able. We have 6 key games coming up which will dictate how sqeaky our bottoms will be, come the end of January.

Bury Town (H)

ETU (A)

Carshalton (A)

Hastings Utd (H)

Cray Wanderers (A)

Kingstonian (A)

We need to seek 4pts from our 2 home games with positive results a possibility at ETU, Carshalton and Cray. If we can get 8pts from those games we will be fine, but it's easier said than done.

Gio and Kendall being suspended could be a blessing in disguise as it will force Steve to change the back four which has seen more leaks than a South West River Bank, things can happen for a reason. Yes Kirby has'nt been the Kirby of last season but I still believe in him and can whiff a positive change with a enforced new CH partner, possibly, i'm guessing, in Lee White.

First things first though and thats Happy new Year to everyone who reads this and secondly and I know many do and will anyway, get along to the QE Stadium tomorrow grab a Dad, Brother, Cousin, Friend, Children, neighbour's etc etc and give it large for 3 ETFC pts and a great start to 2013.

Of course you can Andy. I'd love to see us field Imber, Lockie, Gio, Kirby, White, Campbell, O'Brien, Hunt, Bardle, Hope and Wallace. With Johnston and Matata Coming on with fresh legs for Hope and Hunt with 20 to go (although I know substituitions happen when only needed). That is as good a team as we have and a team which will keep us in mid-table if they are available for selection.

However, we can sometimes be blinkered in our views and enforced changes can create new formation's and partnerships. one such change is an area where we have conceded too many goals for our liking and although I would trust the Gio/Kirby partnership to rectify itself an enforced change may be a blessing at the same time It may not.

Anyway, looking forward to the game tomorrow, hope the boy's keep a clear head for the match as supporters would want to see a positive reaction to Saturdays hammering.

Happy New Year To one and All