Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

People always say we feel sorry for the fans

Krooner

So.

£8m and a reported £70k a week for a striker and they get 18,000 in their ground.

Will QPR fans take action and stop the madness before it wrecks their club. Or will they go along for the ride and jump up and down cheering if Redknapp keeps them in the Premiership.

Well if they do the latter please do not look to me for sympathy when it all goes pop because it surely will.

They could

So.

£8m and a reported £70k a week for a striker and they get 18,000 in their ground.

Will QPR fans take action and stop the madness before it wrecks their club. Or will they go along for the ride and jump up and down cheering if Redknapp keeps them in the Premiership.

Well if they do the latter please do not look to me for sympathy when it all goes pop because it surely will.

Normal rules of business etiquette don't apply to football because the idiots that run the game think footballs special. IMO the only way to restore any sanity to the game is for at least half a dozen big clubs to fold completely, and their stadiums bulldozed into oblivion.

If I was a QPR fan I would go along for the ride in the certainty that in a few years I will have to find another club to watch.

There's a lot riding on QPR staying up - a potential new ground (on the site of the former BBC Centre at Wood Lane perhaps?) not to mention the lucrative TV deals.

Remy is a big gamble, but if he scores the goals that keep them up then good luck to them. Heard that Jay Bothroyd will be on the move as a result, possibly to Birmingham City.

QPR are financially sound, and have a good owner in Tony Fernandes. If you want a club to worry about then look no further than the top two Championship sides who are in financially precarious positions (Cardiff - £100m debt, Hull - £50m debt).

If you want a club to worry about then look no further than the top two Championship sides who are in financially precarious positions (Cardiff - £100m debt, Hull - £50m debt).

shocked2%20(2).gif

There's a lot riding on QPR staying up - a potential new ground (on the site of the former BBC Centre at Wood Lane perhaps?) not to mention the lucrative TV deals.

Remy is a big gamble, but if he scores the goals that keep them up then good luck to them. Heard that Jay Bothroyd will be on the move as a result, possibly to Birmingham City.

QPR are financially sound, and have a good owner in Tony Fernandes. If you want a club to worry about then look no further than the top two Championship sides who are in financially precarious positions (Cardiff - £100m debt, Hull - £50m debt).

QPR may well have been financially sound before yesterday but that has changed now.

We need to deter businessmen that take over these clubs who then never seem to lose out personally but leave a club in trouble when they walk away. If that means a few clubs going under then so be it.

I agree, but it would appear that there are very few people coming forward to financially support clubs in non-league.

I'd also ban the Walts and time-wasters - the ones who promise clubs the moon on a stick and then fail to deliver.

Are community owned clubs the solution? What happens when one of the community members wants a greater say (a little like Napoleon in Animal Farm). Also look at the problems with the Ebbsfleet model.

Unless there is a system to vet potential investors/owners in place soon, then nothing will change. I would favour investors being told they can only invest if they put their money in the form of a bond and deposit it in the club's bank account, and for it to be a non repayable gift. That way, the owner cannot pull out and take his money with him. I read recently that if Dale Vince (Forest Green Rovers) pulled out tomorrow, he'd automatically be entitled to £750,000 plus 17.5%. That sum would put Forest Green Rovers under.

Slightly O/T but big news coming out of The City Ground, Nottingham:

Frank Clark has been sacked as Club Ambassador and told to stay away from the stadium by the Kuwaiti owners. They've also sacked CEO Mark Arthur and their Chief Scout.

Can we include megalomaniacs in the list of people we should ban from football?

I agree, but it would appear that there are very few people coming forward to financially support clubs in non-league.

I'd also ban the Walts and time-wasters - the ones who promise clubs the moon on a stick and then fail to deliver.

Are community owned clubs the solution? What happens when one of the community members wants a greater say (a little like Napoleon in Animal Farm). Also look at the problems with the Ebbsfleet model.

Unless there is a system to vet potential investors/owners in place soon, then nothing will change. I would favour investors being told they can only invest if they put their money in the form of a bond and deposit it in the club's bank account, and for it to be a non repayable gift. That way, the owner cannot pull out and take his money with him. I read recently that if Dale Vince (Forest Green Rovers) pulled out tomorrow, he'd automatically be entitled to £750,000 plus 17.5%. That sum would put Forest Green Rovers under.

Why do people talk about investors when it comes to non league football clubs. An investment is something you do to make money, not lose it, which is almost guaranteed if you put cash into a club at our level, and then when the money runs out everyone wants to vilify you for not being rich enough. Anyone but a long standing supporter who is genuingly devoted to his club would be barking mad to put cash into a football club IMO.

I don't think anyone would go into most non-league football clubs looking to make a substantial profit, Not unless they are a bit daft or they have ulterior motives (Truro comes to mind with the ground or Phoenixing the club etc).

I don't think anyone would go into most non-league football clubs looking to make a substantial profit, Not unless they are a bit daft or they have ulterior motives (Truro comes to mind with the ground or Phoenixing the club etc).

The only people who have made money from non league football that I can remember are the ones that bought Brentwood about thirty years ago and then the sold the ground for development, and I believe amalgamate the club with Chelmsford.

Archived