Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cliff Egan resigns as CEO

neeteretep

Fully understand he is continuing as Commercial director, BUT he should remain as CEO in my humble opinion. The stress alone he's taken off KP, has saved him from having a breakdown. And as mentioned by numerous people as CEO Cliff has done a Stirling job, and I would not at present wish to see any other than Cliff continue this role.

Even if/when other directors come onboard I would still expect to have someone I trust to do the best for MFC, and that is CLIFF EAGAN.

Unfortunately, even the best captain can get too tired to carry on when their ship is constantly in stormy waters. God knows how many hours Cliff puts in a week but I am pretty sure it will eclipse almost anyone who posts on here. And all there has ever been is knockbacks (ground/CK/sponsors).

No-one thinks that Cliff could have prevented any of the above (except possibly a certain Facebook page owner who always revels in this sort of news) and it is scary to think what position we may have been in if he had not been around for the last couple of seasons.

In a nutshell, as much as I would want Cliff to carry on, maybe he just needs a break.

Cliff obviously puts a lot into the club and a break from all the stress is probably needed. However unless he knows of worse things to happen to the cluband is jumping ship beforeit happens? The club must be under great financial strain with no main sponsor. Yet we are still signing players.

No manager no ceo the club is in a mess.

Cliff obviously puts a lot into the club and a break from all the stress is probably needed. However unless he knows of worse things to happen to the cluband is jumping ship beforeit happens? The club must be under great financial strain with no main sponsor. Yet we are still signing players.

No manager no ceo the club is in a mess.

Beg to differ, the club has a manager, the club have only said Cliff has offered his CEO resignation, so the club is not in a mess !

Don't panic

Would reinforce what Broadstairs Dave has said.

I've added a new post for a message from KP.

Just come back from a long weekend away and gutted by the news.

Have contacted Cliff to give him my backing, not that it counts for much!

As Steve says the pressure both he and Keith have been through recently must have been tremendous.

As for Tesco Bazza comments, until I meet you face to face at a game I still dont believe you are a true fan.

Broadstairs dave we have our goalie as caretaker manager.

And Cliffs resignation has been accepted.

As for message from KP that was pointless as far as I can see the club is drifting with no direction.

Believe what you want Alan my opinion is just a different one to what others have posted, take it or leave it won't bother me.

Broadstairs dave we have our goalie as caretaker manager.

And Cliffs resignation has been accepted.

As for message from KP that was pointless as far as I can see the club is drifting with no direction.

Believe what you want Alan my opinion is just a different one to what others have posted, take it or leave it won't bother me.

The caretaker manager is also the goalie so ? He is only the goalie during the game that's 90 minutes about twice a week now.

Cliff has not left, just stood down from the CEO postition. Still means that the club and the fans (that includes you and me and everyone else) benefit from the Egan effect and long may it last.

Well let's hope we can get a new ceo in position that can hopefully push the club to the next level. Which I'm sure cliff would have done if we didn have all the ground/sponsorship problems.

As I've said before we are in a transition period with a caretaker manager.

Love the post Alan always most of the time! All I want is a better margate.

Well let's hope we can get a new ceo in position that can hopefully push the club to the next level. Which I'm sure cliff would have done if we didn have all the ground/sponsorship problems.

As I've said before we are in a transition period with a caretaker manager.

Love the post Alan always most of the time! All I want is a better margate.

Thats the spirit. Thank you.

Thats the spirit. Thank you.

Maybe...... just MAYBE (and I'm just piutting this out there..... lol) CE is standing down because we have a multi-millionaire waiting in the wings prepared to spend big on the club but desires the hallowed position of CEO and therefore Cliff feels in the interest of the club/supporters etc it would be in his/our best interests to step down..... and if Carlsberg made excuses .... :P