Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cliff Egan resigns as CEO

neeteretep

Just seen this on Margate webb site. Says on his watch we have lost the Manager and his assistant plus the clubs main sponser and the buck stops with him. Feel it would be a great loss to the club if he insists that the club accept his resignation I feel this man puts a lot of Effort, with a capital E, for Matgate FC. All these things that happened weere beyond his control.

I would seem that the main sponsor went belly up partly because of the actions of TDC in delaying the build - as far as the CK business is concerned he would have gone to the highest bidder anyway so no way can Cliff blame himself. I personally feel that the football is much better now anyway. I've not known Cliff for very long but he clearly has been putting massive effort in to the club.

Cliff has been exceptional as CEO, and we should not accept any hint of a resignation. Please bombard the rest of the directors and shareholders and supporters NOW. Cliff will ensure Margate gets back to the Conference were we belong.

PLEASE ACT NOW. RING/EMAIL/FAX/RUN ROUND NAKED...Don't allow this to happen..

Edited by marksandwell

Quite simply, the money spent on unsuccessful planning applications is the root cause of any problems we have.

If Construct Stadia had been working on the stadium they would not have gone bust.

If the stadium was imminent I feel CK would have stayed and finished the job.

Interesting to see one of the local news sites today stating that there were serious doubts about the funding viability of the Ramsgate Sands project - 'Dr McGonigal wrote that proof of funding was "not possible" but the cabinet, led by ex-leader Sandy Ezekiel, recommended it to the council for approval.'

I wonder why everyone's favourite convict was so happy to push this one through but knocked all of MFC's plans back at the slightest opportunity?

Cliff has been exceptional as CEO, and we should not accept any hint of a resignation. Please bombard the rest of the directors and shareholders and supporters NOW. Cliff will ensure Margate gets back to the Conference were we belong.

PLEASE ACT NOW. RING/EMAIL/FAX/RUN ROUND NAKED...Don't allow this to happen..

Absolutely agree, add sending texts to that list IMO the club do not want to accept this so get Cliff to change his mind , ive just tried.

Cliff has got us to a much better place than we were and whatever league we are in this is a strong base. the loss of manager is not down to him neither is the business failure of the main sponsors.

Let Cliff know how you feel

Edited by Broadstairs Dave

I echo everyones views on this! CK would have left anyway he had pound notes in his eyes, and the hoofball was not great to watch! Even if we were top for a bit. As for the ground and sponsor subject you only have our crooked councilors to blame for that! No stadium but we will build houses next to westwood cross. Bonkers

I'd just urge a little caution on assumptions about Construct and their demise. Given they went straight into liquidation, I'm not so sure our project would have been enough for them!

As for CK, I doubt he would have gone if we were in BSS and in with the chance or promotion. I'd never suggest he was chasing £ for himself.

Have to agree with the posts above - Cliff has been doing a great job.

Third parties (TDC & D***r Pathetic) are responsible what has happened off the pitch - not Cliff.

If the Board accept his resignation then I can see us descending to a position we were in when we were last in the Conference South (Groundsharing at Ashford and having a transfer embargo) until we reach that level Cliff should stay.

Maybe not quite into those depths Peter but this news is still a big blow i.m.o. We had a very steady ship under Cliff, so who now will take up the reins. Back to KP I expect.

Edited by Cookie

Cliff has been so committed that he has even been doing the Meat Raffle before games to get a bit more money in. Agree with Mark that he should be asked to stay on until at least the AGM but when is that please ?

Cliff has been so committed that he has even been doing the Meat Raffle before games to get a bit more money in. Agree with Mark that he should be asked to stay on until at least the AGM but when is that please ?

July ish

If Cllif wants to go I think that he probably will, we know that the club have been looking for new Directors/owners for some time now, what I do know is that before Cliff came to the club, we had little avertising at the ground, nothing in the programme, very little sponsorship, he and it appears he alone has turned this club around to where we are now, this is I fear even more devastating news that we seem to attract year after year, there is NO BLAME for CE attached to anything that isnt right about MFC, if it hadnt been for him I dread to think where we would now be. Perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye, and perhaps it is now the right time for someone else to consider their position at the Club.

Not Happy !!!!!!!!

maybe Cliff has had enough of the whole situation regarding the loss of sponsor/s, working all hours I would guess trying to find funding then getting kicked back, I don't think the CK situation helped also the ground issue..... so thanks TDC. We supporters get pi$$ed of with things that happen within the club imagine what it must be like being on the 'front line' so to speak getting the problems first hand, who can blame him?

But saying the above I hope he at least stays till the season is completed then maybe re-consider his position never know we may be in the BBS by then, have a few weeks off come back refreshed ready for a new battle and a main sponsor....

A couple of things: here's the piece from the website: http://www.margate-fc.com/content/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1362410910&archive=&start_from=&ucat=4& in case anyone hasn't seen it, and Cliff has said he'll keep working on the Commercial stuff. He has also written a piece that will be in Saturday's programme.