Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Unbeaten Record

Gents,

I would welcome all football supporters to come to Creasey Park on Saturday 27th April to support Dunstable Town FC and create a record of going all season unbeaten this record is only matched by Arsenal and Preston.

Dunstable Town FC will also collect the Championship Shield and we plan to have a party so come and join the celebrations but more importantly help us achieve this record something the SSMFL should be proud off and hopefully we will get some reconition from the FA.

I hope now that LTFC have finished their campaign some bored supporters will come and see a very good non league outfit.

When I was 16 we won the league, league cup and county cup unbeaten all season. We never got FA recognition. Same with my school team. The difference was, we just enjoyed the moment and got on with it, without looking for recognition and feeling the need to broadcast it.

Personally I think a record like that at any level but particularly at this one, well promoted and advertised would be fantastic PR and should make football fans realise that there is excitement to be had watching, following and supporting Non League football.

If you had a decent achievement in the past Hongfield that you didn't maximise more fool you.

I'd rather people didn't know, it might entice another person with more money than sense to invest lots in a ssml club. Then we'd have to watch another boring, one horse race of a season, with one team coasting along with players far too good for this level taking the easy option and playing for money in an easier league.

With only one team promoted in this league, I want to see a competetive title-race, it's great for the neutrals like myself.

The sour grapes continue. Of course we'd never want fresh funding to come into what could be an exciting and vibrant league, got to keep it for the select few.

zzzzzzzzzzzz......

I've got nothing to be sour about, I don't hate Dunstable, I've just found the title race boring this year. I think it'd be more exciting if we had a few teams challenging to go up, not one team coasting.

I've got nothing to be sour about, I don't hate Dunstable, I've just found the title race boring this year. I think it'd be more exciting if we had a few teams challenging to go up, not one team coasting.

Then if that is so that you would like to see more teams challenging to go up then truly you would have nothing against the successful promotion of football within your league or have I got this wrong? That you would rather that clubs continue to struggle for funding, that by the mid-point of the season pitches continue to resemble swamps and subs benches are depleted? That clubs are deducted hard fought for points and expensive ones too given the cost of putting those matches on when teams inevitably in this league drop out towards the end of each and every season?

Carry on arguing for the status quo by all means. I'm enjoying it tbh.

Then if that is so that you would like to see more teams challenging to go up then truly you would have nothing against the successful promotion of football within your league or have I got this wrong? That you would rather that clubs continue to struggle for funding, that by the mid-point of the season pitches continue to resemble swamps and subs benches are depleted? That clubs are deducted hard fought for points and expensive ones too given the cost of putting those matches on when teams inevitably in this league drop out towards the end of each and every season?

Carry on arguing for the status quo by all means. I'm enjoying it tbh.

I will. I think you've gone overboard on this one, I don't want teams to struggle. I just don't want one team to have so much more money and talent than other teams in the league that it becomes a complete one-horse race. It's not exciting. And it doesn't make our league look good, it makes it look a little rubbish that one team can win it so easily.

Edited by Rebadiah Hongfield

I will. I think you've gone overboard on this one, I don't want teams to struggle. I just don't want one team to have so much more money and talent than other teams in the league that it becomes a complete one-horse race. It's not exciting. And it doesn't make our league look good, it makes it look a little rubbish that one team can win it so easily.

By all means, your argument that I have gone overboard is obviously empirical in fact - not. I think you are out of your element here and of course you are welcome to your opinion but all you are coming across as is bitter & twisted.

I hardly post on here, but do come on from time to time to catch up on what's going on. And I can't help but notice a high level of your comments are negative ones. You are starting to sound very similar to a certain well publicised troll that comes on here stirring, and is the reason why I don't comment on here more often.

Just a suggestion, but I think you may find this forum slightly more useful if the comments you make are not always in a vindictive manner.

I hardly post on here, but do come on from time to time to catch up on what's going on. And I can't help but notice a high level of your comments are negative ones. You are starting to sound very similar to a certain well publicised troll that comes on here stirring, and is the reason why I don't comment on here more often.

Just a suggestion, but I think you may find this forum slightly more useful if the comments you make are not always in a vindictive manner.

If you're referring to SavageBee, then I think you owe him an apology.

Edited by Rebadiah Hongfield

By all means, your argument that I have gone overboard is obviously empirical in fact - not. I think you are out of your element here and of course you are welcome to your opinion but all you are coming across as is bitter & twisted.

I have nothing to be bitter and twisted about. I don't hate Dunstable and I'm not envious of clubs that get money. I was just saying, I hope next season is less of a one horse race and recognition for winning this league with their team is a bit needy. I thought you'd gone overboard when you took the 'you would rather' route. All rather reasonable.

I have nothing to be bitter and twisted about. I don't hate Dunstable and I'm not envious of clubs that get money. I was just saying, I hope next season is less of a one horse race and recognition for winning this league with their team is a bit needy. I thought you'd gone overboard when you took the 'you would rather' route. All rather reasonable.

And I said that you are out of your element trying to prove your case. Not for the first time exposing the chip on your shoulder.

I have to agree with Rebadiah on this one, not because we are bottom. Mid-table as we have seen anyone can beat anyone, that's they beauty of football. It isn't hard for a team like Dunstable to win the league with the money they have available. With that money players will commit, teams that don't pay will struggle to find that commitment in a player.

If you're referring to SavageBee, then I think you owe him an apology.

197.gif