Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 27th April - Fixtures, Results

Well, they've done their bit by finishing second, but by losing today their PPG average is lower than it could have been. No doubt it will be some time before the FA decide:

a. How many they are going to promote

and

b. Who those teams are.

But, all things being equal, I think they have a better than average chance. Good luck to them.

Further to that, it looks good for them according to this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqII2SlGRhT7dHIwSUdacDRlaDV3VkNsSjc3UVdqWnc#gid=0

Perhaps.

But that was yesterday.

Today there are some hardworking and committed volunteers ensuring that local football is available.

Not easy in a town that is full of London Premier League club supporters.

And look how the Board treated Rob Pattwell when he was put in charge, he wasn't given any time at all and they made the Venky's at Blackburn look patient

Mr Rhodes as I have previously told you

Rob Pattwell (Welwyn Garden City manager between September 2010 and November 2010)

Played 13, Won 1, Drew 1, Lost 11, Scored 15 conceded 44

Sacked but club committee allowed it to be known that he was relinquished of duties to prevent sacking appearing on his CV

Given that record any manager would be expecting to be shown the door.

Rob Pattwell (Welwyn Garden City manager between September 2010 and November 2010)

Sacked but club committee allowed it to be known that he was relinquished of duties to prevent sacking appearing on his CV

I think the committee could have shown a bit more patience

It could have got to P26 W2 D2 L22 F30 A88 ;)

Sat 11 May - Aston Clinton v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Any reason this game is not being played on 6 May as neither team has a game that day. Seems to give Aston an advantage as if the title has not been decided by then they will know what they have to do whereas if they, Kent and Broxbourne were playing at the same time? Also gives them an advantage for the Div 2 Cup Final as they don't play at all that weekend and Risborough have games on the Saturday and Monday. I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason but just interested what it is.

Talking of which, Hoddesdon Town Reserves are in two cup finals this year, one on the 7th of May, the other on the 9th of May...

Cheers!!

GCF - ignore Mr Rhodes, WGC are just one of a number of SSML clubs that he just loves spouting his bile at.

Glad to read it was a great day (despite the result) yesterday. The summer is set for many changes and I look forward to continuing my work for my home town club along with my new role with the SSML for many years to come.

Yep

And good luck with that

Didn't deserve to win today. Started brightly, Dunstable were better than us, simple fact. Their midfield battle and snap away and they aren't afraid to pass the ball out. Very good team. Interesting to see B.Christie playing for them again, coming off the bench

Find that hard to believe unless he was only on loan at Dunstable Town.

Karen - He was on the verge of turning it around, Rome wasn't built in a day was it

I just felt sorry for Rob that's all, he put his heart and soul into it at Herns Lane and attracted some good players but the Club didn't get behind him at all

Didn't deserve to win today. Started brightly, Dunstable were better than us, simple fact. Their midfield battle and snap away and they aren't afraid to pass the ball out. Very good team. Interesting to see B.Christie playing for them again, coming off the bench

Thanks Michael, and sorry to see you go down, I know a few of your lads and you also have some good players, particlarly Allen up top. You were unfortunate to also get us when we have got a half decent side back together after multiple suspensions and re-buiding from losing a few players mid season.

To clear up the confusion, it was not BJ but Jay Blackett who came on, but they are both ugly blokes with big hooters, so I understand your confusion.  

Good luck for next season.

He was probably the best player on the park for the last 30 minutes. I like the look of your left midfielder who got subbed after his yellow, if he sorts his discipline out he could probably be a real handful.

The long haired fella in your dugout was very gracious after the game in my direction, as I was walking off talking to my dad. He said he can see why we were bottom of the league but was very impressed with some performances in our side, mentioned me and T.Alabaster. So a nice gesture.

Sat 11 May - Aston Clinton v Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Any reason this game is not being played on 6 May as neither team has a game that day. Seems to give Aston an advantage as if the title has not been decided by then they will know what they have to do whereas if they, Kent and Broxbourne were playing at the same time? Also gives them an advantage for the Div 2 Cup Final as they don't play at all that weekend and Risborough have games on the Saturday and Monday. I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason but just interested what it is.

This date was originaly scheduled for the B&B cup between the two teams but was played on another date which came available due to the Aylesbury Utd/Flackwell/Windsor affair, so this last game was already planned long ago and not by any mentioned team as far as I know.