Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ideas for the League

Great idea, but cannot see it happening without major change of hearts at clubs.

I would start with changing the FA and challenge it for autonomous control of the game.  

Every country in the world has its football run by the national Football Association. You think England should be different?

Good luck in your bid to form a new association that FIFA will recognise. I won't be voting for you though.

Every country in the world has its football run by the national Football Association. You think England should be different?

Good luck in your bid to form a new association that FIFA will recognise. I won't be voting for you though.

FIFA - now there's an organisation which needs drastic change!

Maybe not a new association, but the FA really needs to reconsider its relationship with the grass roots.  True, a few non league sides were quids in from the FA Cup cash last season, but surely more of that should/could have been filtered down.  £11,000 given to a certain Step 2 side is great, but I am sure that £11,000 further down the non-league food chain could safeguard the future of a club for the next 30 or so years.   Steve Whitney (Pitchero) did a blog recently about FA offices being flush with cash, and makes for a grim but good read.

Ask Thurrock fans what they think of the FA after their recent demotion?  Surely anything that happened two years ago is legally statute barred?   Of course, the FA will throw the book at them, but somebody at the West Riding FA must have been aware of the player's suspension and could have said something?

My hope for non-league, 2013-14 and beyond, is more investment in youth; better communication between fans and club; less clubs folding and sort that ruddy pyramid out!

Edited by The Mayor Of Simpleton