Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ideas for the League

The Wessex 1st Division and Hellenic 1st Divisions might only be 14/15 sides per league next season.

It is definitely going to be light, when the Western 1st will have 22 sides (more or less guaranteed).

We should find out after Wednesday of this week (when there is another relevant meeting at the FA) if any clubs are being transferred in to us at Step 6 level.

One possible rule change likely to be put to clubs is that the bottom side, or maybe the bottom two, should be relegated from the Premier Division from the end of next season onwards, irrespective of anything else.  There is a valid argument that Leagues and divisions need to be "refreshed" every season, even if it resulted in a reduced Premier division.  It would help to protect numbers in Division One.  Would appreciate any constructive views.

Totallly agree with the idea, do not like clubs getting reprieves. If you finish in a relegation spot, you should go down. 

Personally, I would still relegate and have a twenty team CCL Premier Division. As has been said frequently here you take that chance if you finish in the bottom three.

And right now, no one really knows what will happen. Although lazarus have said that they haven't been contacted by the FA about anyone but Fleet Spurs, there is still meant to be a Step Five restructuring this year and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see wholesale changes with the Kent League forcibly expanded, with an inevitable knock on effect in Sussex and CCL. I imagine the FA could forcibly move say, Croydon from CCL to Kent, but whether they could insist on CCL or Sussex actually dropping to 20 so that Kent could reach the same figure I don't know. Kent looks to be currently 16 or 17 depending on whether Ashford United are moved up with Phoenix Sports, as there were only 15 left after E & B and VCD moved up.

Say Kent gets another 3 teams, let's say Croydon, Rye and East Grinstead. That leaves the CCL on 19 with promotions and the Sussex League on 18 and this is telling me there cannot be relegation in either league.

To get Kent to 20 as it should be IMO, then even Dorking would end up reprieved as we retain the bottom three to make 22, while Sussex would do the same and sit with 21. You could therefore argue that it would be in Dorking's interest to raise the Kent anomaly, as moving a club down to Step Six while other nearby Step Five leagues have vacancies is surely something worth appealing about, especially when the FA say that every league should have a minimum of 20 teams.

If we did drop to 20 then Sussex would relegate one while we would have to drop two teams, assuming the above moves to Kent (or similar) occurred.

Edited by E&E Fred

if it were down to me i'd only have one step 6 league for Hellenic. Move in Bracknell, Chalfont and Finchampstead Reading Town to CCL Div 1

Sounds reasonable to me though it will add to the travelling.

Play offs could work between CCL Prem and CCL Div 1.

Bottom 2 of CCL Prem automatically relegated.

Top 2 of CCL Div 1 automatically promoted.

Then 3rd and 4th from bottom in CCL Prem and 3rd and 4th in CCL Div 1 enter the play offs for the final place in the CCL Prem.

you've got too much sand in your head!!!

I agree with Nigel, though I'd move Chalfont to the Spartan South Midlands.

I have seen to many play off games to last a lifetime thank you very much. A 20 team CCL would mean 4 fewer fixtures for starters which would not be a bad thing when considering the winter you lot have had. The discussion regarding loans triggered something in my head. When it comes to the 7 day approaches for players, who is responsible for punishing clubs that breach that rule? Is it the FA or is it the CCL? Too much of it happens and it needs to stop.

Thanks Alan, so if a club in Berkshire makes an illegal approach to a club in Surrey, would it be the Surrey FA leading the investigation? I can see the point of the relevant FAs getting involved in inter league disputes. Otherwise, I would have thought that the Leagues should deal with such matters if clubs from the same league were involved. I wonder how clubs would react to points deductions for undertaking illegal approaches?

In your example, the Club from Berkshire should complain to Surrey County FA but as always with allegations of illegal approach, some form of evidence is required if the allegation is to be proven, otherwise it is likely to boil down to one word against another and I have yet to see a club own up to an allegation of illegal approach!.  Probably the best evidence would be from the approached player, who may have it on his phone in one form or another and along with this he could then write a statement for his current club to submit to the County.  Of course, if the player is keen to move on, any such evidence may not be forthcoming.

The League's hands are tied as in many other situations.  We have no option other than to refer allegations of this nature to the relevant County.  I would very much like to see Counties devolving some of their functions to the senior leagues, not least on-field discipline.  The fines would more than pay for the annual affiliation fee, for example, but it won't happen.

What about a Community Shield type event, at the start of the season, or maybe clubs could agree to stage trial matches (and yes, I do have some players in mind - over 40 in fact and that's NOT their age!)

Great idea, but cannot see it happening without major change of hearts at clubs.

I would start with changing the FA and challenge it for autonomous control of the game.