Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ideas for the League

BOGOF's !!

(in respect to signing new players !)

Deffo a new official league website and a league webmaster to update regularly!

An official CCL twitter.

More midweek league games earlier in the season including provisional ones if clubs have no cup replays.

No changes. If you don't like the CCL piss off to the Sussex* / Kent* / Hellenic* / Wessex* / Surrey Elite* / Middlesex* leagues. No one's stopping anyone from doing it.

* - delete as required.

No changes. If you don't like the CCL piss off to the Sussex* / Kent* / Hellenic* / Wessex* / Surrey Elite* / Middlesex* leagues. No one's stopping anyone from doing it.

* - delete as required.

Never been one for change eh VP ;)

I think there needs to be a fitness test for the officials as seen many unable to keep up with play leading to poor and contentious decisions. Respect must go both ways

Referees on the Prem have to pass a fitness test.

I would agree that it is time for Level 5 referees to pass fitness tests too.

The fitness test for referees on the Prem is as follows: Run a minimum of 2,600 metres in 12 minutes (Must be continuous).  Then two lots of sprints - each one covering 50 metres in under 7.5 seconds.

Nothing onerous in the above but it sets an appropriate benchmark.

I agree that the same standard should apply for Div 1 at least. 

Ok so you are talking official communication HKP.  I think the league suffers from that to be honest.  A couple do their best on here but I do tend to agree re Website, Twitter etc but that needs someone to do that.  We must never forget these guys do the jobs for nothing.  Anyone out there fancy approaching the league to be their Social Media Officer ?

They can approach me if they like. :)

don't let any teams from the outer hebridese enter as it could cause fixture pile up if the weather don' play ball.

That's the best comment on here yet !

:lol:  :D  :rolleyes:

Bomaya, I have already submitted a proposed new site to the league and am awaiting response.

Once that is in place we can work towards the other points like twitter, Facebook and forums.

The league should pay me to look after all your grounds , just an idea

There's no real answer to that, Nut !!

Sounds like an excellent move Bomaya. A win win situation and one for somebody in the position to propose to the League.

One idea I have suggested before but still think is worth considering is to not start the League Cup until the New Year. That way, more clubs may have something to play for as we get towards the business end of the season.

Playoffs would be great but are not actually possible right now until (if) we ever get a second promotion place. Also, imagine that we'd had them this year for teams two to five. Guernsey and South Park may have had an extra two games to play. We'd never get finished!

I understand the clamour for more League games to be fitted in midweek in Aug / Sept, but I feel that lazarus does his best there already, and many games are affected by cup replays. Personally, instead of removing extra time as suggested above, I'd like to see it brought in for the first match in the FA Cup, like we already do for the Vase. You would get less replays, so you get less fixture backlog. Then maybe you could get some more league games played earlier.

Also, if I was an organiser of the Southern Combination Cup, I'd take entries in the New Year instead of at the start of the season. That way, teams who are still in cups could choose not to bother, while teams that are well up on their fixtures could decide to enter. I know this one's not strictly CCL but many CCL clubs enter it, and it may even get more entries as a result, as opposed to many teams having to put weaker teams in at times because they are still in a cup or League title race.

One final small point, I would like to see a 45 and 90 minute announcement to say how much injury time will be added. They can do it at step four, so why not step five?

One final small point, I would like to see a 45 and 90 minute announcement to say how much injury time will be added. They can do it at step four, so why not step five?

I don't remember seeing this done at the step 4 games I've seen.

From an officiating point of view, without a fourth official / Reserve Referee, it would be very difficult to achieve.  Who is going to indicate the amount of time remaining (and how?) in order for it then to be announced?

The ref (or Assistant if nearer) tells the home bench who then lift a sub board up with the number on it. Simples!

I've seen it quite a bit this season, two I recall recently were Needham Market and Faversham, both step four, so it can be done. 

As I say, it's a small point, put it's all about educating the public.

Actually, while we're on that particular subject, I'd like one more thing. I want a referee (could be a top ref, or even one at our level who is prepared to take the time to write say, half a dozen pages explaining their interpretations as they have been guided on various controversial or emotive subjects e.g. the offside law, the studs up challenge, or challenge from behind, dissent etc.. Then I'd get the FA to  insist that each club includes that page in its programme in their first few home games of the season. Not just this league, but for all leagues where a programme is mandatory.

Many complaints come from people, me included who may believe that they know the laws well, but obviously won't be familiar with the technicalities and interpretations. This may help to eliminate a degree of this.