Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

STUART HALL

Equating Stuart Hall with Peter Sutcliffe, Fred West etc.is just daft.  They were/are all scum who committed extremely serious crimes and imho do not deserve to breathe oxygen.

Brace yourselves for news about Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins and his photos on a site called motherless.com.  If what I have heard about them is true, then he is never going to be released from jail (for his safety, as well as others!)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/lostprophets-frontman-ian-watkins-on-suicide-watch-five-times-an-hour-as-he-awaits-baby-rape-trial-8758927.html

If Watkins really did commit the crimes attributed to him, then IMO he should be allowed to die, although I understand the argument that a relatively painless  death would be to good for him.

If he did commit those crimes then the only explanation IMO is that he's mentally ill and that punishment isn't going to be effective (and I doubt that treatment will be either).

I'm vehemently against the death penalty but if he is guilty and does take his own life then I can't see the world being a worse off place as a result.

In the case of someone like Harold Shipman for example, I would have wanted him to have lived every single day of the rest of his natural life knowing that he'd been exposed for the person he was - for him, suicide was an easy way out.

If he did commit those crimes then the only explanation IMO is that he's mentally ill and that punishment isn't going to be effective (and I doubt that treatment will be either).

I'm vehemently against the death penalty but if he is guilty and does take his own life then I can't see the world being a worse off place as a result.

In the case of someone like Harold Shipman for example, I would have wanted him to have lived every single day of the rest of his natural life knowing that he'd been exposed for the person he was - for him, suicide was an easy way out.

An interesting point of view, 'Cuppa'.

You and I will have to beg to differ over the capital punishment issue.

On the  'starving ones-self to death'  point, why not bring Ian Brady into the equation ?

Ian Brady is a control freak - alllowing him to die would give him what he wanted, that's why I wouldn't let him do it. I just hope the scientists trying to work out where that last body is are sucessful and let him know that he failed.

Don't get me wrong Big JR, there's some appaling crimes comitted and the perpertrators can sometimes laugh in the faces of the victims or their families - it makes you sick.

I just don't belive the death penalty would be a deterrent.

I fully accept your point of view.

Maybe, at 66 and ageing and too much  'old-school'.

Equating Stuart Hall with Peter Sutcliffe, Fred West etc.is just daft.  

Well exactly, that's my point

I wonder if Mr Hall got a 'Pat-Down'  when he entered prison ??

:wacko: